It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Climategate" question earns an iron-fisted response in Copenhagen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like this McAleer guy!

I mean, look at this:

Polar bear hunts for "climategate" scientist

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Looks like the story also made the Wall Street Journal too.

online.wsj.com...

Gore Refuses ClimateGate Questions
And a UN official disconnects the mic.

United Nations security officials have once again prevented a journalist from asking attendees at the climate change conference in Copenhagen questions about the growing ClimateGate scandal.

This time, the person on the receiving end of the apparently forbidden queries was Nobel Laureate Al Gore.

Much as when Ireland's Phelim McAleer tried to ask Stanford professor Stephen Schneider questions Thursday about the controversial e-mail messages obtained from the British Climatic Research Unit last month, McAleer was similarly rebuffed by Gore and his entourage Monday.

Not only did the former Vice President completely refuse to answer questions about his blatant misrepresentations of the age of the most recent e-mail message obtained from Britain's CRU, a U.N. security official actually disconnected McAleer's microphone to make sure any answers would be unrecorded.

There is more to the article, visit the link to read the rest.

Edit: Sorry, just realised this is a different story. Which makes the whole thing more interesting.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by SerialLurker]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Yes, this video shows Mr. McAleer confronting Al Gore (at 3:25)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The truth hurts, this video shows that.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Well, his question was up, it was time to share the microphone with other press members and such. And the cameraman was asked to turn off his camera by security in a respectful manner.

Maybe it's because I JUST woke up from a nap but what's new or alerting here?

Why would one cameraman have to turn off his camera AT A PRESS CONFERENCE while nothing is said to anyone else with cameras? He already showed the fat guy his credentials, the ones ALREADY prominently on display around his neck and fat boy (Who hopefully will run out of carbon credits very soon) still goes after his camera man while its being filmed by SOMEONE ELSE?

Even if he didnt have credentials what is the purpose in turning off one camera in a room filled with dozens of them? If youre not press your questions dont count? NOT allowed to record something already being recorded? The room wasnt packed...

Trying to cover-up the cover-up is just pitiful.

I hope this movements last exhalation is taxed at 100% and that the proceeds are used to round up its supporters and send them to space where they will safe from atmospheres, especially the hot co2 expelled everytime they spout off some nonsensical theory that deems all biology as dangerous greenhouse gas emitters.

It's no coincidence that the last decade has been the hottest while they have been the most vocal.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I love it. Anyone still on board with these guys is clearly as corrupt as they are. You can't support them unless your a liar, brainwashed or too young to know any better.

We are all environmentalists so that argument is about as credible as 3 dollar bill. We all want a clean safe environment.

One thing I noticed at the conference is the young age of all the demonstrators. Children are easy to fool and easy to manipulate. Ten years from now they will all look back, slap themselves on the forehead and say what was I thinking!

When energy is so expensive millions have died and we are sitting around in the winter with our thermostats at 50 wrapped up like mummy's in blankets, they will know they caused it and all those new billionaires are partying in the Caribbean on money they helped them steal.

I wonder, what if a couple of hundred thousand normal sane people set up outside Gores house in a legal, peaceful organized protest and refused to leave until he corrects the record on all the lies he has been caught in.

Seems to me an enterprising honest lawyer could get a warrant or a Grand Jury hearing under the RICOH Act. That would be fun to watch. Gores company is a clear confidence game and that would not be hard to prove. If that is not organized crime I don't know what is. He is trying to scam a billion dollars with what amounts to a protection racket. The White House is in on it and many Congresspersons.

Any honest trial lawyers here that want to save the worlds economies and deny these people the billions they will be making shortly? Never happen, I'm being sarcastic. Nobody gives a damn who they hurt anymore. Especially the young people who are driving cars Mom and Dad bought and living with them or couch surfing who have not filled out an application but claim there is no work. You know, the activists

The Pimps must be rolling in dough over there. An enterprising photographer could likely retire just following them around and photographing their clients. I like that idea.

Do I sound mad at all? Where are all the apologists when their Gods get caught. Washing their Gods Limo's and running errands for free? Probably. Their not environmentalists. They are hanging around to scam their share of the money. Liars know when they are lying. Gore and his minions know they are lying.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Great video and S & F for you. Now as for the content, Gee, who would've known that during a "press" conference that 1) you're not suppose to ask hard questions? (Shrug) and 2) and that your not suppose to video tape it? Huh? Guess your only suppose to ask flattering question.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, let's see... there is no violation of freedom of speech or freedom of the press as we in America see these things, because The US Constitution does not apply in Denmark. They have their own laws and rules of conduct, which apparently do not include the above rights we in the USA take for granted.

What I see in this video is a warning of what the powers that are meeting in Copenhagen want for all of us. Obey, or else. No arguments. No disagreement because they know better than you. Nothing is beyond them, and nothing is forbidden to them. They see laws as restrictions on their personal freedoms, and thus prefer for their word to be law. Everyone they do not need is just a nuisance to be ignored when possible and dispatched when not. They have no need for personal property; all they see should be theirs.

This video is a warning, people. These are the type of people who desire your complacency and acceptance of their word. These people exist, and they will take everything from you if you allow it.

Even your soul.

Beware of whom you might support, even if unwittingly.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Good find, S&F.

I hate oppression over free speech and journalism as much as the next guy, but following conspiracies and the like over the past few years has taught me to be a little more inquisitive when given short clips like this one.

sometimes "shock" journalists ask irrelevent people in inappropriate forums and of course get a negative response which they use as evidence for conspiracy.

not that I'm saying this is what is goin on here.
But it did lead me to do a little digging on the issue.

So my questions are:
Why interview Schneider?
What was this press conference?
Are there any reasons to suggest that whats going on here is not just blatant oppression?

I found McAleer has interviewed Schneider before, Schneider accepted and had an openly admitted that yes he did use to be a proponent of global dimming in 70 and 71, (which at the time was based on the premise aerosals offset greenhouse gases and also cool the climate), however Stanford then got involved and prohibited McAleer from publishing the interview!

I think McAleer likes to go after Schneider cos he knows schneider answers honestly, despite his own reputation, even when they disagree, and even if it helps McAleers case, pity though that stanford feel the need to veto interviews like that to protect their own reputation.

Then I looked up info on this press conference, apparently schneider was not holding a conference on the science or the arguments of climate change, but was launching his new book! (as far as I can tell, check my links and correct if you find out more please!)

I also noticed the microphone McAleer has when he's questioning is not his own but one of those mike's they pass around for the attendees of the conference to ask questions. (Later in the clip McAleer is holding his own mike, connected to camera, distinctly different from the mike they use in conf)

After finding all this out it watching the clip again seems different, seems as though McAleer is hogging the mike, schneider is mad that a question about phil jones and emails are brought up, first a staff member seems confused that McAleer won't give the mike back, then the assistant says something along the lines of 'this has nothing to do with' (inaudible, sorry can't hear everything she said) and Schneider says 'I know, but we'll make it short'.

In light of all that it seems Schneider even though the first time I watched it he infuriated me, makes him seem quite a good sport given the circumstances, and I'm sure some admin bureaucrat decided to tell security to get rid of this guy whos attending for reasons unrelated to the conference.

Security guard is still an #$# though!

and don't mean people shouldn't still ask the questions!!

and i know its hard to find an avenue to question when the only hold conferences relevant to their own interests!!

BUT, hope some of you can check this stuff out and not just scream HERE IS UNDENIABLE PROOF.

Of course I think it's still arguable that this behaviour in the clip is unwarranted.

But I don't think this clip really does anything for either proponents or skeptics of AGW.

LINKS:
Stanford Protects Schneider from Embarrassment
Stanford researchers speaking at UN Climate Change Conference
Wiki for Schneider

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
lol this is insane

I dont have words .... lol

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Freedom of speech and freedom of press flashed down the toilet.

============

I congratulate you living on the land of freedom. (Bill Hicks)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't happen to agree with those who think we are not having an impact on the planet, but having said that, jeez Louise, what a freaking bunch of Nazis.

The man did nothing wrong. Why allow the press to be present if they can't ask what they want to ask?! I mean damn, I hate Fox Noise with a blue passion, but you cannot censor them!

I don't blame the cop though. He was just following orders..but..uhm, er.., I think I've heard that somewhere before..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is hilarious
(respectfully to the OP)

Amazing what happens when you put TPTB on the spot, they really take a HARD dislke to it dont they...

Well wake up fellows "WE" are getting to find we dislike a lot of the crud your trying to push down our throats. Dont answer the question now, and it gonna cause issues......

EDIT:
I am not in agreeance with the global warming issue, as I have found that its a GALACTIC problem, IMO, and relates to particular cycles that occur naturally. BUT.... That doesnt mean we are helping the situ, and that we dont need to clean up our act... This you CAN see with regards to the blantant abuse of our water and our harsh treatment of animals and our forests and so.
But this abuse is quickly regenerated if we do it right. (Not so in some poor animals cases with regards to extinction)

[edit on 17-12-2009 by The_Seeker]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
OK, so I haven't watched this video with sound yet, because I'm at work without speakers, but just from the visual images this looks bad!

Just to say, if people want to see the most desperately biassed reports on climate change, they need look no further than www.bbc.co.uk

The BBC (government funded and controlled) have been desperately pushing AGW ever since the email leak, because Britain (embarrasingly) is one of the main bodies trying to push this onto the public. Don't forget which country these leaked emails came from.

Makes me ashamed of the country I once was proud to call myself a citizen of.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by nik1halo]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Those people were wrong in trying to silence that man. Ugh, when people dodge questions, it makes them look so stupid.

Although in the prof's defense, it doesn't look like he ordered them to do it. He even seems to tell them it's fine, we won't be long as if he thinks they're taking the mic away because he's going to be there a while.

no need for that security guard to get in his face like that, though.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I imagine a few things happened there, and yay to the post above which actually did some digging on the background.

I imagine he wasn't properly credentialed, and I imagine his cameraman had no right to be there shooting and I know this guys an ambush journalist a la Michael Moore and O'Reilly's producers.

I agree that these things rely on too much decorum and the 4th estate in general tends to treat their subjects with way too much respect and reverence as opposed being a full-throated challenge to authority, but listen, in a situation like this, when asked you give up the community mike.

Also, there are only about 3-4 people there so this clearly wasn't a full-on press conference, it was a much smaller venue so chances are this wasn't the venue to ask the question.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow, nice find..

Here are some pictures of how the demonstrators are being treated:

www.vg.no...

www.dump.no...

www.dump.no...

They also made 'prisons' (cages) for the demonstrators with a capacity of over 1000 people:

www.vg.no...

www.vg.no...

www.vg.no...

Quote from an "inmate:"

- It can not be right that they can arrest people who have not done anything, and put them in cages like animals. It is absolutely inhumane and borders on torture. "

- Police stormed the cage and took everything from us. Blankets, water bottles and the benches were removed. They used a lot of pepper spray," said Swedish Elli to modkraft.dk.

Don't know if this is old news or something, but I haven't read anything about it on ATS.. So I though I would share it.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by martinasdf]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
well, this is an excellent example of what the so called science is today: dogmatic and corrupted Inquisiton

if this guy was Galileo he would be burned alive for asking this question, luckily for him, only the guy with the gun threatened him...

this is an obvious proof that modern science is not the pursuit for the truth, but pursuit for money and power based on manipulation of facts, hence lies...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I agree with much of what you say.

When I saw this video several days ago, I was fairly disturbed by it.

According to wiki, he and his wife were the producers of the film "Not Evil Just Wrong", which rebutted the claims of AGW and described the political agenda associated with the issue-- for which they apparently have received continuous death threats.

I just don't understand this whole death threat thing for just having an opinion.

But then again, the whole world has gone mad.

Today, Hugo Chavez received a standing ovation for blaming AGW on capitalism.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by loam]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
I imagine a few things happened there, and yay to the post above which actually did some digging on the background.

I imagine he wasn't properly credentialed, and I imagine his cameraman had no right to be there shooting and I know this guys an ambush journalist a la Michael Moore and O'Reilly's producers.

I agree that these things rely on too much decorum and the 4th estate in general tends to treat their subjects with way too much respect and reverence as opposed being a full-throated challenge to authority, but listen, in a situation like this, when asked you give up the community mike.

Also, there are only about 3-4 people there so this clearly wasn't a full-on press conference, it was a much smaller venue so chances are this wasn't the venue to ask the question.

that is a poor excuse for not answering a valid question... and not to mention threatening the guy to leave

interesting that you do not see anything suspicious about that

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join