It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Climategate" question earns an iron-fisted response in Copenhagen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+95 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

This journalist, Phelim McAleer, asks a question in a completely professional manner, I mean "professional" to people not living in bizarro world, and gets hounded by some drone wanting to take his microphone away, and then he gets hounded by an armed UN security guard.

Why all the uneasiness?

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the video, I'd flag if I could!

This beer-drinking cop (I see he has insignia, too*, what a shame...) is a moron. (well a lot more but you get my point)

"Thanks" for the hierarchy scheme, guys... that's why IMHO we're toast.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Are you honestly surprised? BTW, he'd of had to take my camera.......just a bunch of bullies.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I admire the man for asking the important questions that a "young" Mike Wallace would have done. If journalists had sense these days they would brainstorm an approach that made a credibility-cost for such cowardess. They need a spine now while the pressure is on.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Interesting. It's funny, the behavior of the guard doesn't surprise me - I've encountered people of authority bullying civilians on plenty of occasions. I wanted to roll my eyes when the guard started telling the reporter he was going to take his camera away if he didn't shut it off as if he were a parent disciplining a child.

Would that guard have the grounds to confiscate the camera? Not that it really matters, but I'm curious as to how much authority these guards have, or pretend to have, in these situations.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Funny that it cuts to another camera he isnt asking to be turned off.

Blatant bull excrement.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
wow. what a load of crap.

just to make my position plain, i am a environmentalist.

but i am also 100% in support of the freedom of speech and the freedom of science.

this was with out a doubt censorship and hijacking of a political movement.

it is nothing short of tragic and sad.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Fantastic find! Not surprising at all to see this, they don't want the truth to come out...though it already has, and we are the ones who have to keep spreading the word to those around us.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Have you noticed it's definitely not O. K. to ask questions anymore.
Nice find S&F

[edit on 16-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How horrid this reporter is at being a lemming.

It is the duty of all free to people to question their governments.

I don't think their theories would last a day on this site because they can't even defend their positions. The inability to answer even the simplest questions is a sign of an unstable or deceiving mind. People need to see this video.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
wow. what a load of crap.

just to make my position plain, i am a environmentalist.

but i am also 100% in support of the freedom of speech and the freedom of science.

this was with out a doubt censorship and hijacking of a political movement.

it is nothing short of tragic and sad.

You are the type of environmentalist whom I can honestly support. I know full well the need to preserve the amazing natural world around us, but I only ask for fair scientific presentations, and sound principles.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The whole pro COP15 pro AGW protest is being run by the enviromental movement to make it look like there is more suppot for a new treaty then there really is and some media has reported and filmed anti AGW people and claimed they were pro AGW just so it did not look like there were any anti treaty people there.

Climate Justice Action has promised to break into the building where COP15 is being held and "take over the conference for one day and transform it into a People's Assembly." Another group, Never Trust a COP, vowed that they would "consciously attack the structures supporting the COP15" and "break through the lines of their police."
www.thecommentfactory.com...
theenergycollective.com...
www.sexworkeurope.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"The whole pro COP15 pro AGW protest is being run by the enviromental movement to make it look like there is more suppot for a new treaty then there really is and some media has reported and filmed anti AGW people and claimed they were pro AGW just so it did not look like there were any anti treaty people there."

That's a pretty serious statement. Got any video or credible sources to back it up?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm a little confused here. They have a room where you can sit and ask questions from 'experts', but when you ask questions, they tell you to leave. Cameras were allowed into the building, but then they're asked to be turned off. Why then are cameras allowed in the building? It would've been more respectable if the panel 'expert' responded by saying, "Sorry, I'm not going to answer your question" and left it at that. We have the right to remain silent, it's imposing silence upon others in a public/press forum that's a serious issue.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What an angry, pathetic wind-bag!

"people whose values I don't trust"

Who are these people and what are their values and how exactly does this moron presume to know?

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Usually what that is called is "theater" you know you give the illusion that people are allowed to do something, but when in reality you aren't.

But this has crossed the line, if the "deniers" were really "denying" anything then why would they not take every opportunity to discredit them? Especially at the conference that is trying to make headway on a global treaty.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, his question was up, it was time to share the microphone with other press members and such. And the cameraman was asked to turn off his camera by security in a respectful manner.

Maybe it's because I JUST woke up from a nap but what's new or alerting here?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

WOW! Great find!

The funniest part is when Mr. Schneider's assistant waves his hand to stop the professor from further embarassing himself. Like "Stop stop! You r talking too much!"

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Watch closely at the begining (15s) of the video, the woman in brown suit (Mr. Schneider's assistant) seems to talk with that other woman in blue shirt, 10s later the woman in blue is harassing the journalist to take the microphone.

I wouldn't call that normal behaviour in a press conference, would you?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yay...you can see the professionalism of these aholes.. errr I mean UN "experts"
and of course that guard has no idea what "freedom of the press" means .....

Of course they don't want to inconvinience themselves with these leaked emails, the emails destroy their whole globalist agenda for "globalization to combat Climate Change"....

We also seem to have some paid off professionals who have been dismissing the emails in the forums. I say they are paid professionals because these people, and one in particular has had the "galls" to lie and claim "all scientists who disagree with the AGW religion are paid off kooks"....

Obviously the "paid off kooks" are working overtime trying to repair the damage done by the leaked emails...but of course these "paid of AGW kooks" will claim "you have nothing", and try to claim the responses were in context to something else....

You can't change the context of an email that tells other AGW scum to delete their emails, to find ways, even illegal ways, to not release the original programs, and data, but instead to just keep giving the already "rigged" program and data which will give the results the AGW kooks want the world to believe...

Down with the AGW kooks!!!!!!

BTW, great find Dr. Love, starred, and flagged.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join