It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama: Federal Government 'Will Go Bankrupt' if Health Care Costs Are Not Reigned In

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You know... i kind of LOVE the irony from some Europeans who claim "you will only become civilized once you have Socialized healthcare" yet several of these countries still have kings, and queens as if they were still in the Medieval ages.... not to mention that soccer events look more like "public gladiator day", starting fights just because their team lost, or just because they start insulting each other, and sometimes just for the heck of it........ Very "civilized"......

Don't you understand that misery loves company?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yeah right, the new goverment is called China. They own us.

Just as soon as we announce the US is bankrupt, it is all over but the eviction notice.

China does not own us. China has lent us our own fiat instrument of debt defacto paper currency attached to nothing of value but perception.

It has basically no different value than loose leaf note book paper except what people agree its worth.

The fact that it fluctuates up and down on a spot and speculative market displays it has no real value except pervieved value.

The money we use in fact is simply all part of a religious control ceremony that's why it has "In G-d We Trust" on it.

It is simply a contrived yoke of slavery to an illusion.

The real currency of the planet are human beings and the goods and services they create and provide.

We just need to get back to work as a nation creating real goods and services and we will be fine.

Money is an illusion, and our government forces us to borrow money as a nation to enslave us to that illusion that we must sacrifice a greater amount of the rewards that come from the labor and services we provide.

It's just a way to keep us laboring and chasing after an illusion of wealth and prosperity while a select few horde the wealth that those labor and services create.

We owe China nothing, in fact we owe the government nothing, we owe ourselves some honesty!

[edit on 17/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

We the people owe China nothing, but lets hope they do not come calling to reclaim their "percieved" debt.

China does literally own a *lot* of real estate in the US. It is not a far cry to fathom they could come calling, and we the people would be helpless to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

China is a paper tiger. It has been for years. It has the largest standing army in the world but it is isolated without a means to transport itself in mass half way around the globe.

They haven't been even able to figure out the logistics of invading neighboring Taiwan across a narrow ocean straight from the Chinese Mainland.

Being able to put massive amounts of boots on the ground halfway around the world is a major undertaking that few nations besides the U.S. have any experience with or could even hope to achieve let alone master.

Besides the same corporations that own our infrastructure own most of China's infrastucture too.

Nations have simply become a method and a means for the Internationalists to manipulate, exploit and enslave the people who dwell in them.

Most of the world's wealth is concentrated in fewer than three thousand hands and that includes China's wealth as well.

It's all an illusion used to enslave people to fight and make sacrifices in ways that really aren't in the people's best interest.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with a national health care system and why does everyone in the U.S have so much fear of passing the bill. The majority of countries in Europe have had the system for many years and nobodys crying about it..its simply a guarante that (maybe) less people will die of their illnesses because there not fortunate enough to work or have private medi care. So the goverment has to spend money...so what..one day all those who have medi care now might loose their jobs, or have no money and glad they´ll be that the USA has finally done something to benefit the many and NOT the few as is so common nowadays.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by andy1972]

I'll tell you some good reasons why:

1. The price tag which sits at an initial $1.1 trillion and is projected to be over $6 trillion over 10 years because the government is failing to correctly estimate how many people would opt into a public option
2. The overhaul doesn't go into effect until 2014, however the increase in taxes start right away
3. The "fine print" legislation being piggybacked onto this 2,000-page monstrosity
4. The fact that the Democrats pushing hard for this legislation are the same ones who rushed through 4 major legislative bills yesterday just to catch a flight to Copenhagen (www.sfexaminer.com...)
5. Not knowing how this is going to affect the availability of medical doctors and quality of care out there after these changes are passed
6. Politicians fear-mongering the public into beliving that if swift action isn't taken that all is lost, just like with the stimulus bills and taxpayer bailouts (which Chrysler said they would not repay - that's a $7 billion FU to taxpayers: money.cnn.com...)

What more do you require to make you think that this overhaul isn't all it's cracked up to be?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What more do you require to make you think that this overhaul isn't all it's cracked up to be?

I think you covered it pretty thoroughly.

I have made this offer many times but nobody has ever taken it on.

Show me proof where we are GUARANTEED in writing that this legislation will reduce our premiums and the cost of health care.

The only guarantee is that we will be paying for a service that will take 5 or more years to implement.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

the goverment is not the problem mate its the FED

the USA is BROKE why? THE AMOUNT OF INTREST IT PAYS THE FED TO PRINT MONEY!!

its effing insane... ok lets look at this..

as i said be for the goverment passed a bill for 1.1 trillion or something..

But !!! they never tell the american people every time they spend this money IT HAS INTREST ON IT

let me say this again INTREST

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I still find it disturbing that you yanks think health care is something only people that can afford it should have.

And if there is a a universal health care you are all going to turn into little red commies...

Oh and I love the line..."as long as it is not out of my back pocket"

.....Ok then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join