It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

< My Funny Martian Hoax Experiment >

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

My Funny Martian Hoax Experiment

I didn't do this to piss of some people. I have to explain this at the outset. What's all about. I was a bit border looking how people are excited to watch photos of the Martian desert trying to find some mysterious shapes, artefacts, water ore even some bones
I believe that ability of most of you to find something important on such photo is really not big.

To prove this I use photo taken by me during trip to Morocco when I was on the Sahara. This particular photo.

It happened in that thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one even considered it was not Mars.

What is the point. I want to highlight problem that most of us could be tricked by anyone. If I can do this NASA could do anything they want. They could made us to think anything they want even if we think we are more clever. The eyes does always not see what is on the photo but what we want to see. I advice to treat this as a warning not a joke. However I like learning trough play.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

odyseusz,

Although i get the point you are making i do not think it will be much appreciated.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So you lie in a thread ... and when folks don't bite you post this:

I thought I get more attention posting such spectacular photo than only few posts

to bait them and egg them on further!

Then you reveal yourself in said thread, and presumably are so happy with your accomplishment you feel it necessary to draw further attention to it by starting this thread!

If you wanted a hug and a little attention all you had to do is ask.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You are such a gentleman, Schro...

You could have just said: "what you did is against T&C, bye bye!!"

Peace and respect

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Note to self:

Ignore anything odyseusz from here in.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/394d6efebc76.png[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Sarcasm is a gift, and this is an excellent example of how to use it.

Nice one.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Someone take it too personally. Or maybe it undermine the sense of someones pride or my English is so terrible that I can't express myself in proper way. Everything is possible.

The difference between me and the rest such lairs is that I explained myself that I lied and why I lied, so now I am condemned. The rest who are laing like government, medias, and dozens of crazy folks on that forum which are taking great fun posting hoax would never be so condemned because they never say the truth. I did that to show something and you are still helping me to show exactly what I expected that happen. In the foundation of my action was a philosophical reason. If someone think that its about credibility or not is narrow minded. Because of such people any government would never say the truth in cases it lied before. There is no benefit in such action. It is better to make hoax and have great fun.

Beside Yes I look for more attention because i didn't want to wait long with that. I generally don't like to lie to anyone, however it gives me look from the oder side, this who are creating hoax information. They are our enemies so we have to understand them better. What I discovered and didn't expected is that creating false information is such easy, end no one noticed what is wrong if you would put the accents in the right places.

I think it is important voice in discussion between believers and skeptics. and I think we still need more attention from skeptics because the system which should prevent us from hoax isn't tight enough.

I don't say It is something really serious. I made something rather innocent in not especially popular topic but my intentions was to give some benefits to this forum and to general discussion. As I written in this topic where I made my experiment I apologized there if someone feel affected. If I had bad intentions I wouldn't apologize anyone simply because I wouldn't admit to what I had done. This is the way how cowards acts and we are not free of them.

So what. Do I sound to you like someone who made it only for fun? I am not some stupid nerd and I don't hide my face as you can see.
This forum is like one big intelligence agencies but not subsidiary to anyone except the ordinary people i hope. Any respectable agencies on the world have their internal departments and and mechanisms of safety. We should have our own.

ps. On this photo I'm not the one with risen hand.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I understand the reason you did it. When you do something like that you intentionally try to ruin some ones credibility, and at the same time you owning up to a hoax has probably just ruined yours. What a waste of everyone's time.

I take offense, slightly. I speak for myself, but I know many others here put in a lot of effort to creating constructive material for others to view. This is kind of a big troll move... Trying to get people interested only to pull the rug out from under them when you feel the time is right.... effed up move,man.

Prepare for some flames headin' your way.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
I think it is important voice in discussion between believers and skeptics. and I think we still need more attention from skeptics because the system which should prevent us from hoax isn't tight enough.

S&F odyseusz.

You showed how gullible some of us here on ATS can be. Those posting critical responces were probably taken in.

I've been taken in by some wild stories myself.

Part of the process here at ATS is for everyone to look at stories with a critical eye, debunking those stories that don't stand up to scrutiny.

You can't just blindly believe anything you find on the internet, even posts by other ATSers.

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
ATS Terms and Conditions, that you agreed to when you registered.

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

7) Violation Violation of any aspect of the Terms and Conditions of use are subject to our Actions for general abuse and violations. Or, in extreme cases, immediate banning of your username/IP from the domains and/or the removal of your email/password from the database. You agree that, all disputes, of any type, regarding any transgression or disagreement with the policies of The Above Network, LLC, the decisions of one of the Partners or administrative staff are final.

[edit on December 16th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This isnt the place for psychology experiments, man. I been tempted to do what you did too but I agree with schrodinger's dog (the dog, not the ats member) that all it does is waste time and not add anything valuable to discussion...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If it does or doesn't it depends on you to.

If you people for e short time could look on the other circumstances. I admit myself. I didn't have bad intentions, and there is highly unlikely that I would do that again because there was god reason to do that only once since lost my credibility as majority claims.
However I don't understand who have credibility in such conditions? This who expose that people are naive or that who believe anything, are condemning courage and giving now the clear sign to all who lie that for admitting you would be punished?

I know that it is hard to accept such setback. People have own pride. That pride and emotions often does not allowed them to change their mind but tray to reject that bad emotions and use that experiment as an opportunity to talk about something new. It doesn't happen on that forum every day.

We have some new interesting questions to talk about.
Why shouldn't we thing about how easy we could misled two different planets?
Why people beside that particular situation want to made hoax. Is that only their internal need of being famous or someone sometimes Is using that trick like a Copperfield to made us look in the wrong direction when something real and more important is happening.
That forum bigger and bigger every day and the technique doesn't wait for no one. Few years ago to made Lord Of the ring there was spend 300.000.000$, today one man able to do almost all that incredible special effect on his PC computer. So how we would protect ourselves in future if someone would show us material that the 3 WW has just begun to made a provocation on people and legitimize his sick plan.

But no. Many prefer to get up morning, check the ATS forum to ensure that in this day the health care conspiracy and climate changes are still important topics, check "UFO of the day" and would go to their usual lives being completely unconscious what is really happening.

It's your choice.

F$%& its 5 AM here in Poland and I have to wake up at 8 and we don't have Starbucks here. This is the real tragedy.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If it does or if it doesn't isn't up to us...what you did was prohibited and in poor taste. Look I agree that most of the conspiracies here are bunk and as said I have ben tempted but the fact is what you did is rude and against T&C

I hope a mod sees this

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It is, unfortunately, practical jokes like this that create issues of mistrust amongst the ATS membership and of a more general turning away in the public overall.

It's just my opinion but... I think you could have made your point without purposely taking people for a ride.

The result will almost undoubtedly be that people will now trust you less personally, and take less time to investigate the genuine article out of fear of being duped.

Good intentions or not, I fear you have done yourself and ATS a disservice.

Best

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Originally posted by KyoZero
If it does or if it doesn't isn't up to us...what you did was prohibited and in poor taste. Look I agree that most of the conspiracies here are bunk and as said I have ben tempted but the fact is what you did is rude and against T&C

I hope a mod sees this

-Kyo

Mod has already seen that:

This post.

Yeah, breaking the T&C is not a 'funny' thing as the OP seems to think. There is a purpose for those rules.

However, there is point what the OP says. Nevertheless, this could've been demonstrated in more decent way. I think that the OP has some trickster in his persona. While I didn't find 'the hoax' offending in anyway, the T&C shouldn't be disregarded as the purpose is to reduce the amount of willful hoaxing.

-v

[edit on 17-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
so in other words..

then when the first attempt didnt work.. you posted several more times
trying to draw attention to your fraud,,

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As pointed out before you broke the T&C, and you should be banned.

Furthermore, you have shown complete disrespect for member genius/idoit.

Shame on you.

[edit on 18/12/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

top topics

join