It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists crack 'entire genetic code' of cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I know cures and breakthroughs come along every once in a while, but this one could be quite important.

Scientists crack 'entire genetic code' of cancer

Scientists have unlocked the entire genetic code of two of the most common cancers - skin and lung - a move they say could revolutionise cancer care.

Not only will the cancer maps pave the way for blood tests to spot tumours far earlier, they will also yield new drug targets, say the Wellcome Trust team.

Scientists around the globe are now working to catalogue all the genes that go wrong in many types of human cancer.

The UK is looking at breast cancer, Japan at liver and India at mouth.

China is studying stomach cancer, and the US is looking at cancers of the brain, ovary and pancreas.

Lets hope that something comes of this, but I fear this will just go down as a footnote in a science textbook, rather than a breakthrough that leads to real treatments or a cure.

Interesting News nonetheless.

Check the link to the BBC as there's an accompanying video.

All the best ATS.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Swiftly spotted Kiwifoot.
This could be something big,lets hope so.
If this gets recognised by the wider scientific/medical community this could be amazing for our future as a species(and some of us living today).

Being me,I have to put a slight downer on the subject though(sorry)-what would the big pharma companies do to stop a cure for cancer becoming widespread?

Anything they possibly could IMO.
Sort of puts them out of business for lots of thier products,and they do not like that.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Swiftly spotted Kiwifoot.
This could be something big,lets hope so.
If this gets recognised by the wider scientific/medical community this could be amazing for our future as a species(and some of us living today).

Being me,I have to put a slight downer on the subject though(sorry)-what would the big pharma companies do to stop a cure for cancer becoming widespread?

Anything they possibly could IMO.
Sort of puts them out of business for lots of thier products,and they do not like that.

I agree completely, I've posted a few Cancer Cures in the time I've been on ATS.

Granted it takes years to run human trials etc, but nothing really ever seems to come from them

Fingers crossed this time, however the cynic in me won't be holding its breath!

All the best mate! Kiwifoot!

[edit on 16-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is great.
Combined with the stem cell research regarding HIV, I would say it's been a pretty good year.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

There's already a cure for cancer. It's called fasting. Once the body is sufficiently hungry, that is, once it's burned most of the stored fat, then it will burn whatever tumors(which is just an overgrowth of cells) you have for energy.

Whenever you don't feel well, stop eating for a couple of days. You'll be amazed at how things seem to be "unclogging." When the body is desperate for energy, then it will seek out whatever it can burn for energy(save for the vital organs, it does that last), including fiber and stress. When it gets "really" desperate, then it will burn the heart muscles, though I don't think you have to worry about that, as you'd probably need to fast for more than 30 days, for that to happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Very interesting. I also think exercise which produces lactic acid throughout the body can help fight cancer. The problem is most cancer patients hardly feel like exercising. Anyways, do you have any scientific research or other articles on that theory? When Animals are sick they tend to fast as well. i.e. dogs. But some say it's because the appetite is lost not because it's some innate ability to fight off disease.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Professor Michael Stratton, who is the UK lead, said: "These catalogues are going to change the way we think about individual cancers. "By identifying all the cancer genes we will be able to develop new drugs that target the specific mutated genes and work out which patients will benefit from these novel treatments.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Unless loads on money can be made out of treating cancer, you can rest assured, that any break throughs will sit on the back burner. This particular discovery has the potential to make money and therefore should get reasonably good publicity.

Once you have read US Patents (ie legal documents that hold up in a court of law) that prove that there have been cancer 'cures' out there for many years, you tend to be very wary of any new discoveries.

Anyway all the best in finding the perfect treatment that works for YOU. There are plenty!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Cancer is caused by Candida albicans...
...all the genetic changes are due to the cellular defence to this fungus.

I was a big surfer in my teens and later developed keretotic lesions on my hands and arms...
...from sun damage...
...and have in the past had them frozen off once a year as they appear...
...but I started applying Iodine to the lesions as they appear and they dry up and fall off over a couple of weeks.

This is how it works...
Candida albicans is a common fungus resident in the body but that poses little danger to healthy systems...
...however, damaged tissue is invaded by Candida albicans and the body responds by forming tumors to contain it...
...much as an abscess forms around a bacterial infection...
...only tumors form in layers rather than a bubble.

Any skin cancers can be treated with Iodine...
...internal tumors by irrigation with Sodium Bicarbonate solution...
...or in the case of lesions in the lung using a nebulizer.

Most current treatments remove the affected tissue and then cause more tissue damage by chemo and radiation allowing for further invasion of Candida albicans...
...that's why initial success is evident but tumors frequently recur.

Protocols for the treatment of most cancers can be found here...

www.curenaturalicancro.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I've heard of fasting but never solely used for treatment and it is an interesting concept so I may have to look into it.

If you want to try and do it naturally, the first thing you may consider doing is unclogging your bowels - getting out all that excess waste that can sit there for days on end sometimes - and get your bowels regularly moving back to the manner they were designed. This would mean changing diet and lifestyle, by getting plently of natural water, clean air, exercise and consuming plently of fresh fruit, vegies, nuts, grains as a bare minimun.
Some people then fast and go on juice diets and raw food (vegetables etc) with plently of water, and herbs for a flush and detox.

This should get the body back to the way it was designed and hopefully from there it can take care of itself.

I don't feel the human body was designed to eat processed foods, consuming chemicals, breathe pollution, having no exercise, and still fight disease naturally.

However, some find the natural way a bit challenging and daunting so luckily there are other easier viable alternatives out there to try...but then again 'prevention is always better than a cure'.

Good luck to whoever may need it.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by cams]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cams
reply to post by np6888

I've heard of fasting but never solely used for treatment and it is an interesting concept so I may have to look into it.

If you want to try and do it naturally, the first thing you may consider doing is unclogging your bowels - getting out all that excess waste that can sit there for days on end sometimes - and get your bowels regularly moving back to the manner they were designed. This would mean changing diet and lifestyle, by getting plently of natural water, clean air, exercise and consuming plently of fresh fruit, vegies, nuts, grains as a bare minimun.
Some people then fast and go on juice diets and raw food (vegetables etc) with plently of water, and herbs for a flush and detox.

This should get the body back to the way it was designed and hopefully from there it can take care of itself.

I don't feel the human body was designed to eat processed foods, consuming chemicals, breathe pollution, having no exercise, and still fight disease naturally.

However, some find the natural way a bit challenging and daunting so luckily there are other easier viable alternatives out there to try...but then again 'prevention is always better than a cure'.

Most 'natural' solutions work by making the body more alkaline...
...or by producing anti-fungul activity.

Most proceesed foods are acidic or produce acidity when consumed...
...Candida albicans thrives in acidic conditions.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Iodine and skin cancer ..... Also sodium bicarbonate.

Very interesting thanks.

Have you heard of MMS? Cannabinoids and cancer (including Rick Simpson). Hydrogren peroxide, Ozone, Dr Robert Beck, Tannic acid etc?

Just thought I'd throw a few out there. Thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don't think you needed to react that way Thumper. You agree population control is important, yet offer no alternative to disease. People (myself included) find euthanasia immoral and birth caps sad, so why not let nature do it all for us? If we cure every disease out there, we will all die of starvation and over population. Doesn't mean I don't believe in medical innovation, this is just my response to your comment.

www.goarticles.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
WATER!

That is the simplest CURE in the world for CANCER.

Most people are simply DEHYDRATED from a lifetime of eating REFINED CARBOHYDRATES and SUGAR CONSUMPTION. This takes the water and OXYGEN out of the Cell and DRIES it out. You are left with Powdered Blood! lol!

Read the works of Herr OTTO WARBURG and the WARBURG HYPOTHESIS (from the 30s). He proved that LACK of Oxygen is what causes a cell to be Cancerous. The only thing he didnt do is connect it to DEHYDRATION visa a vis WATER.

So drink up. And DRINK more Water than you EAT. We Eat too much because these GATEKEEPERS have convinced us that we need CARBS as FUEL so we stuff our Bloodstreams full of GLUCOSE in this manner--which Dehydrates the body proper (inclusive of all your Organs), forming TUMORS in your HUMORS.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Konspiracy Brotha]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
good news, thanks.

today though....

as mentioned in a slightly different way....
the only thing that really "causes" cancer
is money,
and peoples greed for it.

however , i stay optimistic..
soon the new day, friends... soon the new day. lol

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Ahmose]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cams
reply to post by troubleshooter

Iodine and skin cancer ..... Also sodium bicarbonate.

Very interesting thanks.

Have you heard of MMS? Cannabinoids and cancer (including Rick Simpson). Hydrogren peroxide, Ozone, Dr Robert Beck, Tannic acid etc?

Just thought I'd throw a few out there. Thanks

Hydrogen Peroxide was the first thing we used...
...but MMS is equally as good and safer to use but I didn't know about it at the time.

Nitrilosides (cyanates in about 250 foods).

There are three main things though...
1. Detox and eliminate exposure to any environmental toxins you can.

2. Make sure the person is getting all 90 essential nutrients (15 Vitamins, 12 Amino-acids, 3 Fatty Acids (Omega 3, 6, 9) and all 60 minerals.

You would be surprised how few people get proper nutrician.

3. The add in the specific agent mention here (bicarb and iodine).

The body can fix itself if given the right nutrition and a bit of directed assistence.

top topics

join