It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Largest Artwork?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Is this some kind of mega crop circle?

No,its the worlds largest artwork,created in the Nevada desert by a guy dragging a chain behind his truck.

Pretty damned cool I think:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if its really the biggest "artwork" though,but I might include things like Nazca lines or Angkor Watt as artworks..

Still a cracking job though-Wonder how long it will last?

disclaimer-this is not the work of Maitraya,and is not related to the Norway spiral,or ufos.Just some artist in his truck.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That is prrrreeeeeetty impressive, I must say....

Now imagine if in an inadvertent move of art work, a great big spiral appeared over head, and 50,000 ufo's came flooding out w/ a great big 'FINALLY! - We come in peace.'

That would be............. odd.

Edit - nice find by the way!

[edit on 12/16/2009 by hhcore]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is cool isn't it!!

Looks great from this angle:

He must have based it on crop circle design I think.

Wouldn't it be funny if in 6 months or so an alien mothership descended over the artwork?
The artist had acidentally reproduced the universal "we are ready" sign or something..

Anyway,I hope this starts a trend-Any ATSers in Nevada with an SUV and a bit of chain?

You know what to do my brothers and sisters...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Jerry Jones would probably have something to say about this....seeing as how he has his very own Deathstar...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Gorgeous.

All art is worth a star and a flag.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
To bad he did not finish it. He seems to have left out a portion of his fractal design, unless he meant to. The size is impressive as with his driving skills and patience. It would make sense to a design that size to make it a simple design and just replicate the motions. Compared to the Nazca lines though it seems to be a little elementary in design. Still beautiful. S&F.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah it does look cool. Check out the paths beside the circles. All blocks. He made a grid to make it more accurate.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree that is very cool. Must have bee really difficult to get that accuracy by only dragging something behind you. Truly impressive.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well spotted Conclusion!Didn't see that at first.But it is there.

Taking 15 days to complete, Jim and a team of three colleagues worked day and night on the stunning piece in May of this year, which has a diameter of just over three miles. Containing more than 1000 individual circles, Jim, 48, painstakingly built up the giant circle using a roll of chain fencing six feet across pulled by a truck round repeatedly to dig into the desert sand. Based on a mathematical theorem called an Apollonian Gasket, the design is set around triples of circles at tangents to others.
'I set out to build the largest artwork in the world and I am extremely proud that I have managed to do this,' said Jim from his Santa Cruz home. 'This individual piece is larger than the famous lines of Nazca in Peru and that is something that excites me. 'Me and my long time collaborator Caleb Cole have been planning this for over two years and it was a pleasure to complete it.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I stand corrected about Nazca-this IS bigger.(unless ALL the Nazca images were intended as a SINGLE piece of art,together!!)

What a cool project though.I bet it was serious fun to make it-although they didn't do it fast-it wasn't some kind of drifting session with a few mates.

Originally posted by Conclusion
To bad he did not finish it. He seems to have left out a portion of his fractal design, unless he meant to.

Which bit do you mean?
Could it be significant that he left part undone if thats what you are thinking?
Sounds cool-maybe theres a puzzle or code in the artwork?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My first thought was also that it wasnt finished. However, none but the artist can say when a work of art is done. Apollonian Gaskets are typically fully filled, but this is just based on the principal, so...

Well done and amazing.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

From the picture from the air. The inside portion of the 3 big inside circles. Only two of them are completed. The one on the right is not completed. He may have meant to do that or he is not finished with it. I would say he should do to the outside of the 3 big circles also. That would show fractal perpetuation.

Is there a code in it? Good question. I don't know. If you drew a straight line threw the center of the not completed side, symmetry would be fulfilled. So it could be a message. Maybe it means we are all completely incomplete. lol. That would be funny if it did.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hmm. Just noticed that there are more circles in the middle portion than the any of the sides. Maybe it shows fractalization in its purest sense. I need to check out more pictures of it.

new topics

top topics

join