It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about knowledge and conciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What do you guys think about man's quest for the Truth? If a person wants to achieve a higher state of consciousness , doesn't he have to eventually let go of the current reality of all things in the 3Rd dimension? I mean, this includes all current sciences and Mind sets. Basically he has to live in a mind that has gone NUTS and learn how to hold on for the ride!

If you think about it, people who latch on to current science in order to define their perception of Life are willingly ignoring a MAJOR parts of their true existence. 4th, 5th, 6thetc. dimensions that go being metaphysics and quantum sciences.

The problem I'm seeing is this. The only way to come upon this knowledge is, you have to witness it within your own mind. If you are successful at distinguishing true vision from your imagination you will have your answer. But how do you explain this using 3 dimensional terminologies and 3 dimensional evidence! ?

The way I see it, there is no way to prove anything beyond humanity's dimensional perception. I mean, by using this logic, it's not hard to understand why there are some people who see God, and some that have no clue about him and rely on their current scientific perception.

Every living being must perceive higher than himself to gain the truth. And that by only using the evidence of his physical world, he denies 99% of the Universe around him.

I guess God has to come into each of us individually like he's doing thousands of times a day.....maybe if there isn't a middle man, you will see and believe. Interested in thoughts along the lines of how to communicate knowledge to lower conscious beings.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln
Every living being must perceive higher than himself to gain the truth. And that by only using the evidence of his physical world, he denies 99% of the Universe around him.

Considering the extent to which our perception of the physical world is subject to the limitations of our senses (ie. limits of vision, hearing, etc...), those who choose not to seek the truth outside of our 3-dimensional existence are aware of very little, indeed.

I am only now, as a middle-aged person, starting to open my mind to the infinite possibilities of my existence. I wish I could recall the moment at which the "switch" was turned on for me.

juzchillin, did you experience a moment of revelation or were you always aware that higher states of consciousness could exist?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

Strange road isn't it? For me, my switch got turned on when I realized I was a fraud and that everything I had ever tried, never seem to work out. If there was a depressing version of the lottery, I won every day....the probabilities were just stacking up too fast..

Somebody pressed US down a little too fast last year...they got a little carried away with the oppressor lever.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I get a good feeling from the mood of this thread. I basically agree with almost everything said so far. I definitely think that experience is the key, but I also dont believe that everything about it is disprovable. It really depends on what you are trying to prove. It is going to be incredibly challenging, if not impossible to prove that you have done something as specific as evoking Orobas or something but, quantum physics is beginning to possibly prove the theory behind how or why it is all possible.

Quantum Physicists do this with even their basic theories of consciousness but, some people, like Dr. Amit Goswami get much deeper in to the 'spiritual' side of consciousness. Dr. Goswami who is considered one of THE pioneers of quantum physics has written many books (11) including 'Physics of the Soul'. He has a new one called God is Not Dead which explores the quantum theories which could explain GOD.

Even though Physicists have been talking about this stuff for decades and MANY experiments have provided very conclusive evidence to support their claims, the ideas of quantum physics, and also including parapsychology in this case are far too radical for the vast majority of people to grasp at this point.

Working with occult and parapsychological practices can produce some very alarming results for the practitioner and those not mentally fit or prepared enough can certainly see some negative effects on their mental health. If your mental health is not stable to begin with, or you are not honest enough with yourself to see that it is, then these types of things are not for you. Really, its knowing where to draw the line and learning how to interpret what you experience. You can not take every experience as a message from the spirits, you will go mad.

I think a big thing that can easily send one into madness is if and when you start believing that there is absolutely no coincidence in the universe. That may go against a lot of peoples established views, but I am sticking to it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I often feel like I'm going crazy too when knowledge and events are accelerating for me.

Right now I feel pretty sane, so I guess I'm not challenging myself enough...

We are raised on BS and that is why our minds fight it when we realize that we have been raised on BS; they are not used to thinking in other ways.

The being who is comfortable questioning its own sanity, has a very strong mind imo. The being who can question the very legitimacy of what its own eyes tell it, and its ears and other senses, is not asleep.

As far as what is true and what is not true... there is no difference. Everything is true, and simultaneously false. Even all the things you don't believe in, are all true, and the things you believe in, are all false. This is because everything is only a matter of perception, we only see the things we look for, and words themselves are all lies. They never are the things they represent conceptually, there is always 100000 miles between a word and the thing it actually "points" to. Everything is experiential and everything WILL be experienced. If it won't be, then you could have no conception of it anyway.

Putting this into practice on a daily basis is difficult. We are almost required to believe some things are true and others are false. Here you must use your WILL, and WILL the most appropriate shapes and forms into your reality that most accurately fit it and reflect it. But these ideas, like words, are never actually the thing itself... We are always making room for our best approximations of "truth." So you must remember that we are all talking nonsense at all times. The only meaning for words or ideas is what we will with our own minds. These are just squiggles and lines on a "computer screen," and your thoughts are all just mesmerizing electrical noises in your head.

"You" are more than all of that; "you" "are" "everything."

[edit on 16-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That seems to be the challenge in this world for people who are awakening. In order to function in our lives we have to have a grasp of a certain reality that allows us to function. I think you are right in that we have to let it flow and let it be what it is.

I can barely put into words what is happening in my life, but those of you in the know...know what I'm feeling. It's just too amazing to put into words.

new topics

top topics

join