It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airman Fatally Shot in 'Trust' Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

However, using this tragedy in the manner it is used here is both irresponsible and insensitive--and typical.

The oonly thing it takes for evil to exist is good men to turn a blind eye and do nothing about it.

There sure seem to be a lot of ways to do that.

Like a relative minimizing the plight of a loved one battling with depression and substance abuse and making excuses for them.

It's nothing, it's a phase, they will come around, they are just going through a rough spot.

Well until that relative or loved one ends up in the coroner's office from a suicide or a drug overdose.

Then all of a sudden it's 20/20 hind sight, I knew they were in trouble I just didn't know what to do about it!

Our troops are in trouble, and sticking one's head in the sand isn't going to help them.

Making excuses for what they are being made to endure that is afflicting them isn't going to help them.

I don't know why some people don't just say "Hey I don't care and don't want to think about it".

Making the world a more dangerous place with one foolish denial at a time!

That's the ticket!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

There are problems in the military just as there have always been. There are probably more in the military now because we ask so much more of these citizens than we do of the those who just refuse to serve.

Highlighting and using such incidents for political purposes is not the high calling that you make it out to be.

It's just crass exploitation.

[edit on 2009/12/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I respectfully beg to differ as you Sir can only imagine my motives.

The crass exploitation of our troops is being done by our government that has relegated them to little more than corporate security guards in hostile environments for the sake of corporate profit.

You my friend are old enough to remember that America is more than capable of mobilizing a real army and fighting a real war, with a real plan to win it.

There is no way to reconcile our true capability with the limited extent of our efforts in these wars and which entities are most served by those limited efforts.

The oil companies, the miners, the military industrial complex, the bankers and the drug peddlers are making a fortune off of the exploitation of not just our troops but the peoples of Afghanistan and Iraq, and to imagine this is not the case, and that it's ills and woes aren't taking a needless and horrific toll on our troops is just plain shameful.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

See?

Every post is just more political drivel.

No concern for the war that is waged against us or any gratitude for the millions who have served and died for your freedom--just a continuous stream of negative criticism.

You're a real trooper.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Has it ever occured to you that I fight for my own freedoms.

Has it ever occured to you that you are imagining these people who haven't attacked us did when in reality they didn't?

How many millions of people would you like to slaughter in Afghanistan and Iraq for the alleged actions of 19 Saudis?

How many American lives do you want to squander and leave shattered and wrecked to do that?

What is it you imagine will be accomplished in that endeavor?

I reject the notion these people are fighting for my freedoms for the only thing that makes me free and can make me free is me!

In fact it is such dogmas that lead to unquestioning compliance and nothing but excuses for a pathetic and murderous status quo that do enslave people.

Fiction does not become reality simply through its repitition and comforting desire to believe it.

The reality is our troops are suffering for no good reason and the indifferent only imagine there is a good reason.

Those who live by the sword die by it friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join