It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wounded soldier's diabetes is `cured' with cells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Big Pharmaceuticals are a killer!

Speaking of,

I also have this theory, since my daughter was asthmatic and the doctors always gave her the latest inhalers,

I often wondered if it had something to do with one specific inhalers that she said always made her sick, Advair.

Personally I think either through negligence or more likely through design that everytime big pharmacuticals has a chance to pump one drug into you at least one other area of a person's health is being negatively impacted by it.

In other words they work hard to make and maintain customers through a circular process of offering them a cure for one ailment while giving them another ailment they will eventually need a cure for at the same time.

There is too much money in pharmacuticals and where so much money exists so do a lot of motives for disregarding the law and human beings.

There is too much power in pharmacuticals too many people are absolutely dependent upon them and when you have a dependent group of people its very easy to exploit them.

The long and short of it is science has grown by leaps and bounds in the past 10,000 years but inside human beings are mentally the same exact creatures governed for the most part by greed and lust and selfishness.

We dilude ourselves in thinking we advance through science alone for the reality is science is deadly in the hands of those people who have not grown spiritually and morally along with it!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Some quick notes. Diabetes has been grossly misunderstood, misdiagnosed, improperly treated for decades.

An exhaustion of insulin regulating mechanisms in the body, induced autoimmune reactions, exacerbated problems in the Islets of Langerhans (a cluster of cells in the pancreas - not a vacation spot in the Caribbean.)

Taking insulin to compensate for the body's inability to regulate is treatment of symptoms not root causes.

Looking at the results of extensive testing a major contributing factor appear to be excessive consumption of processed foods Diabetes may be the body's response to the bombardment of certain sugars, monosaccharides, synthesized fructose, etc.

Weight loss, radical alteration of eating habits - more raw foods, elimination of simple sugars, amounts consumed in one sitting, etc - can lead to the body correcting the problems fairly.

M

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Sounds reasonable in so much as I think many common medical problems are misunderstood by people who simply lack the self discipline to lead a healthy lifestyle and bring on aches and pains through poor choices and excess.

If only Big Pharma could manufacture a pill that contained lots of fresh air plenty of exercise a healthy diet and 8 hours of sleep!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
If only Big Pharma could manufacture a pill that contained lots of fresh air plenty of exercise a healthy diet and 8 hours of sleep!

I used to publish a medical journal. There are really beneficial prescription products on the market. The Pharmaceutical industry is given a bad rap. It is filled cutthroats and thieves, but that's pretty much the case for any multibillion dollar industry.

The trick is to use products that do work when you need them. But to do your own research and find out what alternatives and therapies exist.

One has to be careful here too. The alternative medicine business is also full of crooks and liars, too. Maybe even moreso. False and exaggerated claims are standard.

No two people have the same exact metabolism, immune system capacity, lifestyle. You have to find what works for you. There's really no excuse for not understanding the basics of how your own body works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join