It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Approximately 2 years ago, I finally divulged to a MUFON Director an even that occurred when I was a teenager. After doing so, the invitations to attend monthly meetings had stopped. . .the e-mails had stopped. I had never met him in person, but we had talked on the phone a few times. One day, I sat down and wrote a very detailed report of what I remembered, I even asked my mother, for she also remembered, as she saw something as well. I explained in this letter that later, I developed a "fear" for lack of a better word, of triangles when viewed at a certain angle, though I don't know why. My memory is of something I saw, I don't remember what happened after I saw it. Even I must admit that what happened is intriguingly similar to a scene in Close Encounters, when that kid opens the door, and I do remember waking from sleep, sitting up and saying "They're here." Maybe he thought I was being another BS-er. It doesn't matter, because I know the truth. . .and I feel terribly insulted by MUFON, for I had only told my wife about it. I muster a lot of faith and trust in someone who represented MUFON, and then became invisible when I share my experience. It's not right to make someone feel that way.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Divine Strake]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Divine Strake]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe you shocked them and they do not know how to respond? I say contact them again but when you have retold your story say "Have you heard of this happening to anyone else?" or something similar so it opens up the door for them to respond.

Have you been regressed or tried to regress yourself?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

No. . .that was actually what I was hoping that the director would help me with. Something about the whole experience seems. . .unfinished. I guess it's because I have a hard time accepting that I don't remember anything else.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

The longer it's been since witnessing an event, the more unreliable the memory is. Good investigators know this and try to interview witnesses as soon as reasonably possible after an event to get the best memory. So for something that happened so long ago, I'm not surprised they didn't jump all over it. Through no fault of yours, none of us have good memories of events that long ago, we may think we do but they are often distorted.

But there's a difference between not pursuing your case, which I understand, and not sending you any more invitations, which I don't understand. If I were you, I would ask him why they stopped sending you the invitations and at least try to get some closure about that. Maybe even set up a meeting in person so he can see you're sincere.

I guess you're on your own if you want to do some regression, since apparently they won't help. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
eh, dont sweat it. MUFON is a terrible disonformation joke.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's also possible that the investigator recognized this witness as one with a mental disorder and not a true experiencer. The last thing UFO researchers need is to have someone with a mental illness giving testimony to a UFO sighting or experience.

I once met a guy who questioned whether he was an experiencer or if he had a mental illness. Sometimes, a true experience can mess with the mind bad enough to mimic mental illness.

How does one's mind understand something that is unbelievable. Abductees repeatedly report being taken through a wall or ceiling. It's impossible but it did happen. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
eh, dont sweat it. MUFON is a terrible disonformation joke.

Agreed!

There is a thread about another MUFON incident in regards to Youtube video copyrights to a video that was filmed by the poster in her back yard.

Youtube Account

There is a discussion on DiscloseTV.com to, makes sence for the goverment to make a group to investigate UFO cases, and made to look like there on our side. Hope there is more to the story or a comment from MUFON to give there side of the story....Time will tell.

I'm new here so go easy on me

[edit on 12/16/2009 by J_DiRT]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Honestly, I consider MUFON a COINTELPRO arm. Looking at what they report, where they show up, and how they react to people, i thinks its pretty obvious they are working toward hurting the UFO community, not helping.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes back in the day I uploaded 2 pictures of what looked like a cigar shaped craft (unseen by the naked eye) in the extreme distance (I wish I uploaded these on my ATS member space before my motherboard or processor went *poof* about a month ago) but anyway I still have these pictures but can't upload it now.

They never posted it on their website.

And to top it off, their search function blows hard, so I don't know if they have my pics or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These statements on a conspiracy forum may seem far fetched but, honestly, it has been my experience that MUFON is not as cooperative and forthcoming as some may assume. I have conversed with several people who have submitted encounters with me who were previously blown off by MUFON. As well, there are supposed instances where a report to MUFON has resulted in a 'visit' by non-MUFON members. I'm not saying that MUFON is directly involved with the government or other official entities....but private information is being leaked somewhere to the dismay of witnesses.

MUFON: Who Are They....Really?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I also do not trust MUFON.

A lot of claims have surfaced against them for many many years.

Can you fix the title of this thread to read "MUFON?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

Wow. . .you know, I've always wondered about this myself. It is a good point to note that the man who WAS the state director is no longer. So, how do we go about finding genuine people that are genuinely interested? Bottom line is. . .considering all the suggestions posted in this thread thus far. . .it may just be best to let it go. It happened 25 years ago. . .might as well just let it be what it is. As someone stated, our memories are not quite as reliable as we'd like them to be.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I find the recent volume of MUFON "horror stories" and conspiracies very intriguing.

I'm still waiting for people to actually present and back up their claims with evidence and research. All I've heard and read so far is anecdotal stories, rumors and innuendo about the organization.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

As I re-read this, I am curious about just how to find out if my memory is correct. I well know what my mother saw. . .she says that she got me out of bed somewhere between 11pm and midnight to watch a triangle over the house fly off to the horizon. She said it took about 20 minutes or so to disappear from sight. She also says that our local news did a story about a lot of ufo reports. . .and that the news said the military was testing something. I have no memory of standing in the driveway to watch this thing, and I have researched as much as possible all the local news archives about ufos or military aircraft to no avail. What I remember happened just before dawn the next morning, and everyone else in the house was still asleep. I sat up, said "They're here!" I remember being excited, as if to see friends or loved ones come to visit. I ran to the front door, opened it, and across the road was a triangle with blue mist beneath it. I remember that I was fascinated with how it contrasted against the pre-dawn glow of the sky. Years later, I went back to the spot to mentally reconstruct what I remember. . .and based on the general placement of objects in the area. . .i would estimate that each side was about 56-60 feet in length.

top topics

join