It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall St. shows Obama who's boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

President Obama didn’t exactly look thrilled as he stared at the Polycom speakerphone in front of him. “Well, I appreciate you guys calling in,” he began the meeting at the White House with Wall Street’s top brass on Monday.

He was, of course, referring to the three conspicuously absent attendees who were being piped in by telephone: Lloyd C. Blankfein, the chief executive of Goldman Sachs; John J. Mack, chairman of Morgan Stanley; and Richard D. Parsons, chairman of Citigroup.

Their excuse? “Inclement weather,” according to the White House.

That awkward moment on speakerphone in the White House, for better or worse, spoke volumes about how the balance of power between Wall Street and Washington has shifted again, back in Wall Street’s favor.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, it's high time that said balance of power revert back again. I'm tired, as are most Americans, of having the big banks and multinationals running our country. If the politicians won't take back the power and start representing the people, then the people will have no choice but to exercise their authority under the Bill of Rights and do it themselves. I can assure both the politicians and the top execs that they do NOT want to see this happen - it won't be pretty!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Its been like that for a long time, at least Bush was more arrogant about it, and worked on it to his own personal advantage, Obama is not like Bush I guess he no been born to privilege makes Obama more unwilling to acknowledge that he is not in charge.

But then again, we most consider how many people in America are so blinded by political crap and political propaganda that they still believe that one party is better than the other.

Well no they are not as long as the one running the government behind the presidential seat are the JP Morgans and Goldman Sach, we the people stand to chance not matter how much we vote for dumb and dumber every 4 years.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oh come on. Do you realize that airports all up and down the east coast were cl;osed becuase of dense fog? THere was (what we pilots call) zero-zero visibility in DC and from NY down to Atlanta that morning. And the NYT is calling their not showing up some powerplay? Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In a free society like America private citizens rule over the government. Obviously that's not the case anymore, or never was. Our paid political servants rule over us.
It appears that the OP and the others that have commented prefer government control over its citizens. Some people like to be watched over by big brother and big sister.

China would have arrested all those corporate heads, and probably shot them. Now that’s how governments should treat their people.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
It appears that the OP and the others that have commented prefer government control over its citizens. Some people like to be watched over by big brother and big sister.

Au contraire. I like the present system. The power play between the greedy cunning elites and the gullible idiots (the masses) never gets old and is always fun to watch.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I'm scouring CNN Money right now for a HILARIOUS article posted regarding that very meeting.. The essentials:

Obama called the Banksters "Fat Cats" and basically said that they "owe us" .. went on a little tirade that made the average Joe in this country say "Hey, he gets us! He's with us against the Banksters!".....

The CNN interviewer goes on to question a Banker at the meeting.. apparently Obama's tough stand against the so called "Fat Cats" didn't exactly play out like he did for 60 minutes.. the banker called the meeting "uneventful", Obama never seemed angry, he never raised his voice, he never acted in a demeaning way, in fact according to those there he didn't say anything at all. Just nonsensical words regarding increasing lending, to which the bankers made no agreement what so ever.

I feel that this week we received undeniable proof: Washington is Wall Street's Bitch. Of course, we knew that already, but you have to admit, three CEO's all standing up the "Worlds most powerful leader" sure is a powerful message.

new topics

top topics

join