It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Section 44 know your rights!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 allows the police to stop and search anyone in a specific area.

-You do not have to give your name or address
-DNA or reason for being there
-The police can NOT look at photos or videos taken unless under certain rare circumstances.
-A police community support officer can not search you unless there is an officer present.

Watch the Police abuse there power, they demand to see the photos

News Stories about arrested photographers.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

UK Police State report

Another riot van arrest

Armed police stop man outside USA Embassy

What does ATS think about this?
Is this an abuse of power by tptb?
Or are they just doing there job?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Police just need to say you are acting suspiciously, then they can do as they wish, there is no stopping them, even if your in the right

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Let's not forget about the police's rights too...they have the right to detain you for 24 to 48 hours (depending on jurisdiction) on suspicion. So, yes, you do have those rights; however, if you choose to exercise them, then I would go ahead and get prepared for a visit to the jail cell. Seriously, if you haven't got anything to hide, then I wouldn't be a smart arse about it...just be polite and helpful and then you can go on about your loitering.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

But what you have on your camera is your own personal business, you could have anything on there, pictures of your children for example.

Just because he is a policeman doesn't mean he has the right, he is still a person i don't know, and i wouldn't share the contents on my camera with anyone i meet in the street.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
sigh...its sad to see our service men corrupt along with the government

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by Aggie Man

But what you have on your camera is your own personal business, you could have anything on there, pictures of your children for example.

Just because he is a policeman doesn't mean he has the right, he is still a person i don't know, and i wouldn't share the contents on my camera with anyone i meet in the street.

No, a policemen doesn't have a right to look at personal pics....but he has the right to detain.

Simple solution: show the pics.

Right solution: let them arrest you, call the ACLU (or the British equivalent), file a lawsuit, go to trial...officer get off with a slap on the wrist AT WORST...BUT, what did it cost you? A hell of a lot more! Bottom line, if you haven't got anything to hide, then comply and then go on about your day...feeling wronged of course...but you get to go on about your day.

EDIT: I stated above that a policeman doesn't have the right; however, after looking back at the OP....apparently the police do have that right...under section 44.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did you know police can make you take a blood test -- instead of breathalizer to check for dui. They have the right to stick you and take your blood. I you refuse its automatic loss of license for 1 year. (Tennessee)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zz0409
Did you know police can make you take a blood test -- instead of breathalizer to check for dui. They have the right to stick you and take your blood. I you refuse its automatic loss of license for 1 year. (Tennessee)

ONLY if you refuse the breathalyzer...AGAIN, nothing to hide then the situation will have no need to escalate to blood-work.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
sick.. fear and being parinoid as a country from a different country has us this way.... just sick.

new topics

top topics

join