It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you change religions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Why did you change religions? For example did you leave Christianity for Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, etc or vice verse?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I left churchianity for Christianity. Unlike some that leave, I didn't throw out the baby with the bath water.

It's 2 very different "religions".

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

Well, said. I too have left churchianity. My religion follows the Holy Bible and it's lessons on life.

I'm a sabbath keeper.

I'm a Holy Day keeper.

I refrain from the christianized pagan holidays of christmas and easter.

I am a modern decendent of the tribe of Joseph (Manasseh).

God is not a trinity, but a family made up of the Father, Son and soon to be the Saints and later the adopted children of God.

The Holy Spirit is God's POWER, not a member of a tri-une God.

The Holy Bible is the Inspired Word of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, and for instruction on how to live a holy life.... and those are Paul's words, not mine.

I feel we are at the end of this evil age of man's rule on earth and Jesus will return in my lifetime in light of biblical prophecies being fulfilled before our eyes.

Hell is a mistranslated word in the bible. Sheol (hebrew) and hades (greek) mean "death" or "grave". Tartarus (greek) means "imprisionment", "confinement", or "abyss". Gehenna (greek) means "Valley of Hinnom".... a garbage pile south of Jerusalem that stayed on fire constantly. Trash, animal corpses and dead criminals were thrown in this fire to be Consumed. In conclusion, hell fire or the "Lake of fire" is a place where sinners are consumed and burn to DEATH, not for eternity. The Lake of Fire is called the "Second Death" in revelation.

Heaven is not man's destiny.... earth is. John 3:13 reads that no man has ever entered heaven, or ever will except for Jesus Christ.

When you die, you remain dead and resting until your appointed resurrection, either as a saint (upon Christ's return) or 1000 years later in the general resurrection.

There is no "spirit" separate from the fleshly body of man. To become a "spirit" you must be transfigured or transformed from flesh to spirit as Jesus showed in the "Transfiguration Account" in the gospels.

The Ten Commandments, food laws, and harvest festivals are all still to be observed as a christian. Jesus, the apostles, and the Church up to the 3rd century followed these laws and ordinances. Why not christians today?

I'll stop boreing you with the doctrine I adhere to. Just thought I'd show you the difference in my "christainity" vs. the typical "churchianity" teachings. Peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I didn't really change religions. I only accepted the responsibility it is to be a Discordian.
Most people don't even realize they are. It is a fact that every man, woman, and child is not only Discordian, but also holds the highest authority in Discordia.
All of us are Popes. Do you see how much responsibility rests on our shoulders?
Some people just can't deal with that, and try to deny their membership.
's fine with me. They are demonstrating our Goddess Eris great honor by claiming so.
Think about it. Think hard. You are a Pope. Nobody can tell you how to practice your religion. Or how to interpret your holy scriptures.

Semper Non-Sequitur!

Edit: Infallibility Invoked!

[edit on 2009.12.17 by Carlthulhu]

top topics

join