It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Movement Evolves Into Political Force With Eye Toward 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Here is the link...

www.foxnews.com...

The "tea party" movement that gained steam shortly after President Obama took office is seeing a surge in popularity, with a string of candidates and officials willing to take up its cause and a political infrastructure that's starting to mirror that of an actual political party

Its a definite sigh that folks are tired of the two party system.

Im all for another party ....just as long as there is not a bunch of rep/dems hiding in the ranks.

I think "Firecracker/Sarah is with this bunch? yes/no?

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I thought you said "as long as no rep/dems are hiding in the ranks".
Didn't you know Sarah Palin is a republican? If she says she isn't to become a "bagger", you would believe her?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Before moving out of the country I was a contributor and member of the Libertarian Party since it's inception. I always had to hear I was throwing my vote away, etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. If the "tea Party' has a platform then O.K. The problem with third parties is the lunatic fringe label they wear. If they can rise above that they may have a chance. I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

You have got to be kidding?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There are an awful lot of fakers in with the teabaggers. The dead giveaway is their constant harping on abortion and the war on terror.

Then there's this Christmas crap.

More of the same.

Just ask yourself why a real alternative, Libertarian Party for example, can't get any attraction despite being around since the founding of this nation and even further back if you include any anti-authoritarian pro-individual liberty mind since time began but this "Tea Party" that's been around for all of 15 minutes is being paraded around like the next great thing although at its core it's no different from the current ruling authoritarians.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
House leadership just announced a $75 billion "Jobs" bill tomorrow - and we just got the legislation today.

That's nuts
The tea party needs to focus on that rather

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I thought you said "as long as no rep/dems are hiding in the ranks".
Didn't you know Sarah Palin is a republican? If she says she isn't to become a "bagger", you would believe her?

Wow...forgot that ....I guess you are right about the rep/dem thing I said...as long as they are for the people it shouldn't matter what party they used to be . I have changed since I have been paying attention to the political scene alot more closely.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Grayelf2009

You have got to be kidding?

No I was serious....scarry huh....lol

Thats why I post these things, so I can learn from other views to help me make a better decision.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Excellant perspective.....I have to agree with you that its starting to smell the smell of smells when looked at closer.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
House leadership just announced a $75 billion "Jobs" bill tomorrow - and we just got the legislation today.

That's nuts
The tea party needs to focus on that rather

Yeah Its amazing how fast these bills keep popping up and how urgent it seems to be to just pass them. Its a mess.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I find it absolutely astonishing how easily Americans are "chumped out"
by a few buzz words when infact the whole TP deal was never a grass roots movement. Always and I mean ALWAYS follow the money if you want the truth.

politics.theatlantic.com...

American politics in general has turned into nothing more than "dancing with the stars" for old white men. Just the political arm of the entertainment industry.

And look who is spearheading the fund raising for the Tea Party folks.
They are all Republicans!!!!

www.politico.com...

Talk about being played like a $5.00 fiddle.....

[edit on 16-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I find it absolutely astonishing how easily Americans are "chumped out"
by a few buzz words when infact the whole TP deal was never a grass roots movement. Always and I mean ALWAYS follow the money if you want the truth.

politics.theatlantic.com...

American politics in general has turned into nothing more than "dancing with the stars" for old white men. Just the political arm of the entertainment industry.

And look who is spearheading the fund raising for the Tea Party folks.
They are all Republicans!!!!

www.politico.com...

Talk about being played like a $5.00 fiddle.....

[edit on 16-12-2009 by whaaa]

Thank you for the info ...thats why I posted....wanted to know the truth....

Just don't know who to vote for now....

I think someone mentioned libertian party? May look into that.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Grayelf2009]

top topics

join