It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke person of the year?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEWclearMind
The chairman of the fed just got chosen as Times person of the year. I think the MSM is just trying to influence the vote.

wow two whole sentances, nice.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is some outrageous BS

Thanks for letting us know

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The article does cater to Bernanke though, praising him. It even praises Keynesian economics. It goes on and on about Ben's humble upbringing and how he spends his every evening quietly reading in the living room with his wife.

It is so sickening how all Bernanke and others have to say is, "If we didn't do the bailout, it would have been worse." Once they say that you can't do anything, and they know it's not a fair argument. It didn't help the taxpayers it just kept our ineffecient and faulty system in place, a system which happens to keep two wars alive as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
From the quotes posted earlier it seems like the are making him look like a good guy. That one quote inparticular about him only saving wall street to save "ordinary folk on main street" really puts me off. My father and I normally agree when it comes to our political opinions and when I went downstairs to tell him about Bernanke being chosen, he was like, "Yeah, I saw him on tv saying he only saved wall street to save main street." But he actually believed it. My father, who sees the puppets for what they are, randomly sees Bernanke with that quote, and bam, he believes Bernanke is a good guy. Can you imagine all the sheep that are gonna skim through that article noticing those quotes?

I feel ashamed. Was the Hitler Time article cast in a good or bad light?

All we can hope for is that people see him on the cover and decide to google him instead of reading the article.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So what does all this do to the theories that Bernanke is a fall guy? That he is meant to be the scapegoat when the economy crashes? I thought at first that Time would not put their legitimacy in danger like that and that he is in fact set up to be a saviour, but now seeing that Hitler got person of the year who knows.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Let us not forget Time picked Hitler. They pick the person who impacted the world most without regard of morality.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
lmao it trully is the end of the world...this guy?! wtf of all people!!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Right. Time magazine does have their own criteria. Time magazine also influences a lot of unsuspecting people, whether it be consciously or subconsciously.

Just putting that in their magazine could have influenced one who was already already suspicious of the activity of the FED to say, "Well maybe he did what he had to do." Or it could have affected someone that was just beginning to question government/FED motives to say something similar. There are many other scenarios as well that I could state, but hopefully you can see my point.

Or perhaps this will backfire like someone stated before, and in turn make some more people curious about the REAL workings of the FED.

Anyway. Real tired right now. ttyl

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Ben Bernanke has DEFINITELY done the most to influence the events of the year. FOR THE WORSE. He had the most influence over our lives this year. I don't think there's ANY question. He's not "being praised" or worthy of receiving an award. This is an embarrassment to him. He screwed up the most!

I agree; it can be given for good or bad.

But how come I bet this retard will put it down on his resume as an "achievement"?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry for the really rubbish, non contributional reply but the first word that this springs to mind is 'Luuulllhzz' with extra 1337 cheese sauce.

MSM owns most of the general populace's brains and this is just another blatantly hilarious yet disturbing story.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
He also more or less made the assertion that he was the only major economist who had really dug deep into studying the great depression, is this factual at all? Saying basically, "I really don't know why more people don't study the depression."

He said "You want to know geology, study earthquakes, you want to know economics, study the depression."

Sorry no quotes word for word but they are accurate paraphrasings.

It is interesting though, the story of his growth. He wasn't some businessman pulled out of the bunch into the elite. He was encouraged by a high school teacher to apply to Harvard. Then he became a professor, now all those who taught him also are employees of the FED now. It seems he didn't have elitist ties before then, so what do we make of this?

I mean this article is probably the biggest view we will ever get into a fed chairman's life, as biased as it is, we need to pull from it what we can.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Time Magazine... hurl... Like Barnum said, "You'll never go broke underestimating the general public."

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

First post here.. and I say I agree. We're the hamster cage looking in. My Doctor Friend.... has made a short.. not so much a book.. but a collection of everything that makes up ATS in a way.. it has helped me out a lot in the spiritual side of things, and I know the ET stuff can get out there.. but hey, we all keep open minds. Any how I agree that we're the ones looking out of the Hamster Cage instead of the ones looking in despite how much knowledge we have. That is why - my idea - is to fight from the inside

An Inconvenient Harvest

Be safe all. Nice to meet me, been a lurker for awhile.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thought this was a joke when I first read it. After verifying it to be true all I can say is that Bernanke may be the business world's "person of the year" because he allowed so many suit type business crooks who sit atop ornate buildings to get rich off of the backs of the American working class all the while they had suffered and scrapped just to put food on the table, I view this as nothing but an insult to the working class of the US.

Bernanke was asleep at the wheel of the economy even AFTER being warned by Brooksley E. Born who was the Commodity Futures Trading Commission Director (she also warned Alan Greenspan, Robert E. Rubin and Lawrence H. Summers as well) of the impending economic disaster coming Bernanke, Greenspan, Summers & Rubin did business as usual including trying to discredit Mrs. Born for attempting to divert this economic cluster fu**.

To the ownership of Time Inc:

By naming Bernanke "person of the year" your magazine has done nothing except slap the working class of our nation in the face while at the same time presenting Bernanke with a title he does not deserve at all. If anyone should have been named it should have Mrs. Born who demonstrated more financial savvy and the outstanding courage to speak up at a time in which could have very well saved or at least curbed, some of this economic disaster we are in right now.

The Terrible Trio (Greenspan, Summers & Rubin) were warned by Director Born and they chose not to help out, but to attempt to discredit, both personally as well as professionally Mrs. Born because she had the moral fortitude to speak up against impending stupidity at the hands of the Terrible Trio whose puppet master was Bernanke.

Mike Lee,
American Citizen

[edit on 17-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
My guess would be that they could not make Obama the man of the year because he had already won the Nobel peace prize.

Oh well maybe next year.

They can't make Obama the TIME man of the year for 2009 because... he got that in 2008.

As for TIME's choice of Bernanke, well, I certainly don't like the guy, but he did have a big impact on 2009. I would argue it was a negative impact on the economy, but he was still one of the important players for the year, because his decisions affected a lot of people.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I apologize, I could not find any of the Ben Bernanke posts before I posted my own news post. If you want, check out the opinion on my thread to get the point of why I posted...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If Time Magazine is going to praise the man that stole hundreds of billions from the American people, then I believe they should praise us if we in turn steal every copy of this issue off the shelves to show our "support" for their person of the year.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by AliBruh]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think this is in response to the Fed and banks in general being put under increased scrutiny by the President among others.

Also the audit the Fed bill is gaining steam and I bet this scares the hell out of them.

So they prop up the Fed by having the guy who basically use to run the place and who handles the entire US economy.

Another day in American Brain Wash tactics.

~Keeper

I agree that it is timing that seems convenient. Commit genocide, get a Nobel Peace Prize... Ruin the economy, get an award. I can't wait to see who gets the next Peta trophy for kicking puppies.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I see how some of you may be supporting the fact that Bernanke was an influence on our lives, and impacted us very much, however, I just bought the issue of time and read the entire article, and let me tell you. There was NOTHING negative in there. It spoke of a man who was dealt cards, and how he grew up in a Jewish family in a Christian area, blah blah blah.

Then it talks about he reformed the Federal Reserve and "saved us" it talks about how he is such a GREAT man. This is complete B.S in my opinion. I was sickened by the partisan lies expressed in this article. They twisted facts and said how things that actually contributed to the recession were all things that saved us. It also talks about how the crash of the 30's was because the fed didn't have enough power and is why they couldn't prevent the crash. And the same about our current recession. It s because the Fed couldn't control certain aspects in the economy, because they were under control of other branches of the government.

Basically it all comes down to him believing that the Fed should have more and more control over our government and how the government is 100% responsible for our economy and not the business owners themselves. He is a fascist, and time magazine agrees with him, that this is the way we should be run.

the other thing I loved about the article were the runner-ups.
#2 - General Stanley McChrystal: The U.S commander successfully advocated a surge in Afghanistan (and this is good, how?)
#3 the Chinese working man : Hard grind and long hours led China out of the global slump (promoting communism?)
#4 - Nancy Pelosi :The house speaker led the charge for the Obama agenda (serious???? wow)
#5 Usain Bolt: The sprnter's golden feet smashed records and lifted a nation. (maybe someone actually worthy of being time man of the year, for something positive, as well as the fact that you wouldn't have to manipulate any facts to get people to think he made a great achievement for his country)

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If any of you can go to congress and tell them with a straight face to hand over hundreds of billions of dollars to companies that jacked up the US/World economy, and get it, well, you probably deserve some sort of award.

I doubt that Madoff could have pulled that one off.

The guy basically took the US economy, when it was down, and proceeded to rape the treasury while the government watched and applauded.

So person of the year? Oh yea, if you can come up with someone that can pull off a stunt greater than one of this magnitude that person will get my support as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join