It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON is The MIB

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Going back a bit maybe MUFON do pull real reports , so THEY can't access them, and leave the FAKE ones up so THEY can access them ? Sh1t this is getting confusing ? I just remember when i first visited they're site they wanted money from you to become one of they're investigators ? I was interested up untill that point ! I thought they would be happy for volenteers ?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
Plenty, gangsta, go read MUFON's front page. They say they will give out your information to third parties.

You may stop the name calling, there's no need for that.

Regarding MUFON giving out information to third parties- it seems like you didn't read what's on MUFON's page carefully. Here's what it actually says on the report submission page:

In the case of a report of aerial phenomenology, spacecraft, mobile objects, or events that could be considered anomalous or inexplicable (UFO sighting), you may be contacted by one of our representatives for additional details and information concerning your report as part of our investigation. Since our investigation may involve third parties, we need to know whether you would consent to the release of your contact information to third parties who are not connected or affiliated with MUFON. If you elect to make your contact information available to third parties, you may be contacted by third parties for additional details and information concerning your report. Your contact information includes your name, telephone number, and mailing address.

Below that disclaimer there's two options people can choose when submitting their report:

I agree to the release of my contact information to third parties as part of the investigation into my report of a UFO sighting.

I do not agree to the release of my contact information to third parties as part of the investigation into my report of a UFO sighting.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
Plenty, gangsta, go read MUFON's front page. They say they will give out your information to third parties.

How is that evidence that MUFON is selling information to the government?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
MUFON: Who Are They....Really?

it seems that there is now a proven connection between MUFON and the federal government...and it's MUFON's benefactor Robert Bigelow and his aerospace company BAASS and it's FAA contract. I had reported that some witnesses who reported to MUFON were getting blown off. As well, other witnesses were receiving visits from non-MUFON investigators. This press release confirms that there is a connection and that privacy can no longer be assured.

MUFON Responds to Posts

I received the following comment Friday evening:

With all due respect...

Slow down Lon!

This only proves that you are more concerned with stirring up conspiracy theory than reporting the truth of the matter.

For the record, BAASS is not involved in any way with the management of MUFON, nor is MUFON involved with the management of BAASS.

MUFON has been independently investigating UFOs since 1969. BAASS has recognized that MUFON investigates with scientific protocol and a strict code of ethics.

MUFON's finest Certified Field Investigators are finally being respected and rewarded for their talent, persistence and professionalism.

BAASS is only one of many benefactors who have recognized MUFON as the leading UFO investigative organization on the planet. MUFON is thankful for the support received from all of our benefactors and members.

I for one am pleased that MUFON finally has funding and state of the art equipment to properly investigate reports of unexplained aerial phenomenon in a thorough and timely manner.

I remember when everyone bitched that there needs to be "serious funding" for true and professional UFO investigation and research.

Now that MUFON has access to the needed resources to independently and properly investigate, the poles are automatically shifted to make a positive into a negative.

Am I the only one to notice this?

The UFO phenomenon has not gone away. And it still brings out the good, the bad and the ugly in everyone.

By the way, my name is Mark Easter and I am the International Director of Public Relations for MUFON.

Is anyone interested in the positive things happening at MUFON?

There are many!

This is Mr. Easter's contact information:

Contact: Mark Easter, MUFON International Director of Public Relations Phone: 775-358-9205
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.mufon.com and www.nevadamufon.org
Blog: www.mufonpr.blogspot.com

NOTE: Obviously, my 2 posts in regards to MUFON are getting some reaction...good! Since the first post, I have received comments from the MUFON International Director of Public Relations, another MUFON Public Relations staff member, 2 MUFON State Directors and numerous former State Directors, field investigators and rank & file members. Honestly, not all the comments I received were favorable and/or defending of MUFON. My blog posts, on most occasions, reflect the opinions of readers and those who want to be heard. It's obvious that MUFON feels I'm stirring up a conspiracy theory. It is not my intention to get into a pissing contest with this organization...but I'm not going to sit back and be bad mouthed either. If MUFON has concerns, then let them take the initiative and answer their critics and follow up with their witnesses in a more conducive manner.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Medieval1028]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
MUFON, will not publish anything that is classified.

Are we clear on this !

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The govy reads anything MUFON reports. What happens depends upon interest. Did you ask Mufon for an explaination as to why your report was deleted?
It would be helpful to hear their response. Mufon deals with alot of garbage since they are so open to public reporting , and they take it all seriously unless they have evidence that they are being scammed.

You should ask them directly, and I am sure you will get a response.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
The govy reads anything MUFON reports. What happens depends upon interest. Did you ask Mufon for an explaination as to why your report was deleted?
It would be helpful to hear their response. Mufon deals with alot of garbage since they are so open to public reporting , and they take it all seriously unless they have evidence that they are being scammed.

You should ask them directly, and I am sure you will get a response.

...and they also do receive genuine reports that fall into the relevant chain of commands.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
MUFON now reports directly to BAASS. whatever a star team member finds or has to report if found to be of priority is send to the BAASS office. Given the funding of BAASS to MUFON there is an obvious bias in interests. BAASS has contracts with the CIA and the Airforce ...and the FAA. BAASS is now directly paying MUFON. Do the math here people. MUFON isnt the MIB they are BAASS's whipping boy, however BAASS doesnt stand on its own two legs as they are financially supported quietly by the CIA and AF. I wouldnt place the blame on mufon or paint them in a bad light other than for selling out to the goverment rather than representing the publics interest in the UFO question. checkout my website for more info, there are alot of strings being pulled here. I would retitle the thread MUFON works for the goverment.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by hiii_98]

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Even a MUFON member and investigator like myself does not get any help from MUFON when I need case information. Each state controls their own cases and witness information.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mufondanny74

S+F, well spotted.

Apparently Robert Bigelow, who has government contract connections through his company Bigelow Aerospace, gave MUFON a lot of cash rense.com...

Bigelow who has been known to keep his findings on the UFO subject secret has agreed per his contract with MUFON to hold nothing back from this organization that is revealed in the BAASS lab analysis of materials supplied by MUFON. This project which just launched on March 1st is code named SIP (for Star Impact Project) . It is a pilot experiment and will be reviewed on June 30th to see if it has proven successful enough to warrant funding for the rest of the year. Understandably there is a lot of excitement at MUFON Headquarters and among its membership.

I'm highly dubious of a significant case being made public by this guy as he also owns the Infamous Skinwalker Ranch.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, I suppose it makes sense that if there were an otherworldly intelligence behind the UFO phenomenon and government agencies were trying to make the public believe otherwise they would infiltrate UFO organizations, and if not there would be no such infiltration (unless the whole thing were nothing but a scam to fund and hide black-budget R&D, government-instigated cattle mutilations, humans from the future gathering unpolluted DNA and perhaps protecting us, or some other crazy thing).

But I have a couple of questions about MUFON:

(1) What’s the difference between an official state MUFON chapter and an unofficial one, especially when there’s one of each in the same state? Here’s the Web site of the official MUFON New Mexico, headquartered in Roswell:

www.mufon.com...

And here’s one also called MUFON New Mexico, headquartered in Albuquerque, describing itself as “an unofficial chapter of the Mutual UFO Network”:

www.freewebs.com...

(2) If you have really do distrust for the parent organization (in whatever way, for whatever reason), do you extend that distrust to the state organizations?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join