It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this possible?!? A thought provoking theory...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

When I say "humanoid"...I basically mean head, arms and legs...fingers and toes...the same overall bodily figure...but not only that...I also mean things like eyes, nose, mouth and ears all being in THE SAME PLACE and having the same overall structure and shape...like a slit for the mouth and 2 holes for a nose...are you telling me they breath the same way...see the same way...and eat the same way...isn't it a bit to far fetched to say everything is going to be so similar when their species originated hundreds of lights years away? Aliens are depicted as having essentially every feature we have and those features are in the same place...they have no extra features or any less...but things like the nose, ears and mouth are smaller...suggesting they are no longer useful to their species and gradually being phased out...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by cjcord

isn't it a bit to far fetched to say everything is going to be so similar when their species originated hundreds of lights years away? Aliens are depicted as having essentially every feature we have and those features are in the same place...they have no extra features or any less...but things like the nose, ears and mouth are smaller...suggesting they are no longer useful to their species and gradually being phased out...

I don't feel it far fetched at all. We have a constant, science. With science we can confirm that things evolved the way they did for scientifically sound reasons. Scientific validity is not limited to earth alone. It's concepts and equations are evident in all areas of the universe we have been able to explore. Using this as a guide, I find it more far fetched to believe that scientific principles would be different elsewhere. My premise is that science and the relationships effected by it, the principles that contain it, are alike throughout the universe. Thus, any evolved life form would have evolved in a similar way- the differences being only what is needed dependent on the environment.

Also keep in mind that you stated "aliens are depicted". This is key, IMO. We have yet to have a high res image of an actual alien, so all we have to guide us are second hand accounts, which, by virtue of them being accounts by men, are expected to be biased based on how we perceive things. IOW- we see what we expect to see. Our eyes and brains are pattern seekers. I would EXPECT people to perceive alien life as similar to us, else we would have no way to adequately describe something so abstract.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

i am leaning towards an accident of some kind that stranded humans or pre-humans on earth. the same "legend" that battlestar galactica was based on.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
Well, What if humans are not native to earth at all, and we are the aliens.
thought provoking and not entirely impossible.

Ive always held this possible idea in high stead myself, I mean if you look at some of the interesting things people have found in archeological digs that have been discounted simply because they dont fit the dogma it could well be that we turned up from else where then suffered some sort of history wiping disaster that made us forget our origins. Heck maybe it was us that wiped out the dinos
"sir we've found a suitable planet... only its populated by giant reptiles... shall we ready the planet busters?"

Might also explain some of the supposed very human like contactee stories... there not aliens that look like us, there just old relatives.

Not saying that is the truth since you cant say any of the theories are, but its surprisingly one of the human origin theories that seems to have been completely forgotten about over the last few decades for the more 'exciting' aliens made us or evolved our ape ancestors versions.

Its good to see that that line of thought is at least starting to make a little bit of a come back, since it is a valid one from a completely different angle.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

1) They are actually time travelling humans from the future.

This is actually a pretty common theory, and one which actually makes a good deal of sense, if you assume time travel is possible (I don't really, but that's neither here nor there).

2) We are in fact engineered beings created by the Aliens and placed on Earth as an experiment.

I've always gone with option 2 because I believe there are in fact structures on the dark side of the moon and on or under the surface of Mars...and I personally think time travel is impossible...if Aliens did in fact create us and the Earth is nothing but an Alien ant farm...it could explain why we are both humanoids...that word should technically be changed to "Alienoids" because we are made in their likeness, not the other way around...

The evidence that humans evolved on Earth is too great for us to be artificial. Is it possible some aliens gave us a nudge in the right direction? Sure. But it's beyond doubt that humans evolved on this planet. I mean, we look like hairless apes because we are hairless apes.

3) Humans have once before reached highly advanced levels of technological development, even more so then our current level, and eventually left Earth becoming a spacefaring civilization.

There are a few things which gave this theory more weight for me...I was reading an article about underground facilities on the Project Camelot website and I read the following:

I see no reason to believe anything that guy says. I can go make a website that says the moon is made of cheese. Doesn't make it true.

Originally posted by darkspace
Well, What if humans are not native to earth at all, and we are the aliens.
thought provoking and not entirely impossible.

Like I said above, it is impossible for humans to not be native to earth, since we are genetically related to life on Earth.

[edit on 12-17-2009 by Esoterica]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

1) They are actually time travelling humans from the future.
2) We are in fact engineered beings created by the Aliens and placed on Earth as an experiment.[edit on 16/12/09 by CHA0S]

Humanity was originally designed to be an intergalactic exchange center of information from many different star systems. Along the way, since this is a free will universe, there were wars and skirmishes that took place for ownership of this territory (Earth). The Reptilian consciousness/Annunaki won the fight. Since they did not want the native human species to know what had taken place, they rearranged their DNA and essentially "downgraded" the native human to have them broadcast within a limited, controllable frequency. There are certain other groups of extraterrestrials -- which could be considered us in the future -- who came back through time to assist in the evolutionary transition taking place at the moment. This transition entails that we go back to what we were intentionally designed to be: multi-dimensional conscious co-creators of our reality.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

3) Humans have once before reached highly advanced levels of technological development, even more so then our current level, and eventually left Earth becoming a spacefaring civilization.

No, absolutely not, I think that's ludicrous.

Consider what we HAVE to know how, to be where we are technologically, to travel in space. We have to have advanced knowledge of chemistry, plastics, metallurgy, chemistry, physics. To create all the necessary bits to even make the craft, we have factories and plants. Dozens of different companies create the equipment needed to put together a ship.

Now: There are very few things that survive the passage of time, unless in extraordinary elements (in a peat bog, in an utterly dry environment, devoid of any humidity, etc). What survives? Metals, stone, and indications of structures. That is, holes where posts used to be, cairns, etc.

If there was a civilization that was so advanced as to build spacecraft, we'd have found evidence of this. If we can find arrowheads and tools from prehistoric man, we'd certainly be able to find *some* remnants of all this technology. Even aside from factories, large constructed bits of metal, plastics, etc... heck, we've not found a single nut or washer!

If a civilization was this advanced, we'd find evidence of this, I've no doubt. And we haven't.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Thanks for posting this. I think you've made some clever observations there and It's got me thinking. Through investigating this topic I came to a conclusion similar to number 2. This is where I currently have my thoughts. Is there not evidence from the Sumerian Tablets suggesting the annunaki came for gold. They then engineered humans by fusing the chromosome band of primates from 48 to 46? I agree with your thoughts for number 2 because I am certain there are pyramids on Mars and there's also evidence to support structures on the moon.

This is a very difficult puzzle to piece together. There is increasing evidence that the pyramids, at one time were utilized as a means of energy. Perhaps something happened where this energy was no longer attainable and this could explain the mysterious rise and fall of the Egyptians. I am pretty sure there's a phenomonon with these structures being found at 19.5 degrees. There's evidence of higher activity at 19.5 degrees on every single planet in our solar system and possibly this energy dried out. As a result, these beings (alien or humanoid) left the earth to inhabit another planet leaving behind the beginnings of the human race.

Evidence shows we were more technologically advanced than today. We have mysterious underwater cities scattered across the earth and mysterious structures that perplex the human mind even today. There's evidence that we once knew how to use sound waves to lighten stone. This would help explain the mammoth stones at Balbeek, and even the pyramids of Giza. Here are some points I think that are suggestive of humans begin engineered by intelligent beings:

1) We have 46 chromosomes. All other primates have 48 chromosomes.

2) We can only use around 10% of our brains.

3) Lots of evidence to support the idea we are not as adjusted to the Earth's natural environment unlike every single other animal on the planet. (EDIT)

Perhaps we were engineered into humans through this fusion of the chromosome to help some kind of purpose back then. What exactly? Perhaps they engineered us to only use a select proportion of our mind's. Smart, but not too smart.

I think it's highly possible man and dinosaur have co-existed. We have the human and dinosaur footprints in texas. There are also intriguing ancient artefacts throughout the world that are suggestive of man and dinosaur once sharing an existence on earth. Michael Cremo argues this best.

What if there are pyramids on every single planet in our solar system? And what if you believe in UFO's too (lots of sightings in Mexico recently). Are these beings that helped engineer us observing us to check our progress? What if Crop Circles are messages from the beings who helped engineer us?

Some far out stuff. But I won't be putting my faith in Darwinism or Christianity anytime soon.

EDIT: Added 3rd point above.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by IrnBruFiend]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The second thing which I found interesting was the part of the AA documentary where they talked about the isolated mountain range (forget the name of the area) where a few mountains looked like they'd had their summits cut clear off...totally flat tops...but the most interesting thing was the fact that on these flat surfaces were what looked like runways or air strips...the main one they focused on absolutely blew me away...I couldn't work out what else it could possibly be...but I still found an inconsistency with their theory...because I can't believe that an Alien space craft used to travel through space would need such a runway to take off...it's illogical when you really think about it...so who used those runways? I think you know what I'm getting at here...

That'd be the Nazca plains in Peru, just to clear that up. And there are other places on earth with similar, er, scratched in the earth type designs only visible from the air...

OK, back on topic with the humanoids thing. Two ways to go with this. First off, Intelligent design by one creator-God. In the Bible it says that man was created in Gods image. If God created earth and the entire universe, it would be extremely egotistical for man to think that God only created us. So why wouldnt he creat other peoples on other planets in his own image also,,,

OR, if what the Bible authors related as God, was really an alien race. It would also fit if they were the ones that created us in their image...basicaly humanoid...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join