It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this possible?!? A thought provoking theory...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've been considering the AA (Ancient Astronaut) theory for a while now...looking at all the evidence...I have no doubt at all Aliens have been around since humans existed on Earth...but the one thing which has always stumped me...is the fact that every bit of viable evidence points to most of these Aliens being humanoids...and I'm sure it isn't just me who finds that rather odd and very unlikely...unless they were somehow related to the human race and not from a far off solar system...in the past I've considered two possible options:

1) They are actually time travelling humans from the future.
2) We are in fact engineered beings created by the Aliens and placed on Earth as an experiment.

I've always gone with option 2 because I believe there are in fact structures on the dark side of the moon and on or under the surface of Mars...and I personally think time travel is impossible...if Aliens did in fact create us and the Earth is nothing but an Alien ant farm...it could explain why we are both humanoids...that word should technically be changed to "Alienoids" because we are made in their likeness, not the other way around...

But then a 3rd option grew on me after watching the AA documentary...I have previously read about and considered this option...but didn't take much notice of at the time as it seems very unlikely...

3) Humans have once before reached highly advanced levels of technological development, even more so then our current level, and eventually left Earth becoming a spacefaring civilization.

There are a few things which gave this theory more weight for me...I was reading an article about underground facilities on the Project Camelot website and I read the following:

This has all happened before

One of the most startling snippets of information Jake revealed was that in some locations the base construction engineers had broken through into much older facilities that had been there for thousands of years prior - apparently built for an identical defensive purpose. All this, Jake had told us, had happened before: the catastrophic events are cyclic.

Because of what had been learned through breaking into older facilities built by a prior Earth culture, in some locations decisions had been made to increase the depth of the new facilities to as much as 30,000 feet [9000 meters].

So maybe that's the reason they eventually decided to leave Earth...cyclic catastrophes? I'm thinking that after avoiding the disaster by going underground they decided to leave Earth and go into space...and the minute few humans that were left on Earth eventually evolved back into the society we see today...

The second thing which I found interesting was the part of the AA documentary where they talked about the isolated mountain range (forget the name of the area) where a few mountains looked like they'd had their summits cut clear off...totally flat tops...but the most interesting thing was the fact that on these flat surfaces were what looked like runways or air strips...the main one they focused on absolutely blew me away...I couldn't work out what else it could possibly be...but I still found an inconsistency with their theory...because I can't believe that an Alien space craft used to travel through space would need such a runway to take off...it's illogical when you really think about it...so who used those runways? I think you know what I'm getting at here...

So my final question is this...is option 3 possible? Would we find the remains and remnants of such a civilization other than mountains without tops? I'm thinking they must have existed before the dinosaurs...maybe a very long time before the dino's...and this is why we have a lack of fossils and remains of such a civilization...if this is true would it mean that the humans left on Earth did in fact walk with the dino's after all? Thoughts?

EDIT: And here's another possible option I just thought of...what if all the humans left for space and none were left on Earth...or died during the ice-age with the dino's...but the humans used DNA saved from when they were in the early stages of their development...and made clones which they then placed on Earth so that we could start the cycle all over again...it's sort of a mix between option 2 and 3.

Notice: This isn't a thread to argue about whether or not Aliens exist, please stick to the subject at hand!

[edit on 16/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
human history as told to me in school never added up for me. It seriously hurts my brain to think of our true origins. Know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
While you do give a very well thought out theory I would have to argue against this theory. Why you might ask. First I strongly believe that there are in fact alien civilization that are not from our planet. Two there landing pads on top of mountains that you speak of are mostly unexplainable but every culture goes through evolution so maybe back in very old times the aliens were still developing their transportation systems and using runways was still needed. Three, any discription of aliens they do not look like us, you may argue that evolution has changed them since they have been alive longer but that is just not feesible because most humans now are taller than their ancestors by as much as 1 - 2 feet, yet the aliens are described as short around 4' so that would mean that they were not part of evolution unless their diet was severely altered but to the point where they would not grow would have killed them. Fourth, humans at a certain point in history exploded with new inventions and ideas which mostly started with the Sumerians whom were in contact with Aliens, while you could argue it is just as likely for this subject to be of humans, I still argue that it is not. Now with the Ancient Astronaught theory I believe it is true to a certain degree that yes aliens have been visiting us for thousands of years, yes many of the things if not all of the things in the Bible could be argued as aliens doings, yes there are so many untouched civilizations who believe in these beings and see the same things that other civilizations have seen yet have never met or have ever known of each other. So to conclude I believe aliens are just that, aliens, not humans of the past or future.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

Know what I mean?
Oh...I know what you mean...very much so...

reply to post by Misoir

First I strongly believe that there are in fact alien civilization that are not from our planet.
I agree...I'm just saying most descriptions/drawings describe humanoid beings...tall and short...but humanoid none the less...I'm just trying to explain that...

Two there landing pads on top of mountains that you speak of are mostly unexplainable but every culture goes through evolution so maybe back in very old times the aliens were still developing their transportation systems and using runways was still needed.
But how did they get to Earth if they were still developing and in need of runways? A runway is used to slowly gain speed until the aerodynamics of the craft create enough lift and it starts flying...space has no air...and they would most likely take off vertically using some sort of exotic rocket propulsion system or anti-gravity drive...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

All I am trying to say is that there are aliens, which you agree with me on that, and that humans are not the ones coming back to earth because we never left, which you disagree with me.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No...I'm saying it's possible that some Alien species which visit Earth may not be related to humans in anyway...but I believe some are in fact related to humans...it's the most logical explanation as to why some resemble us so closely...and it's often a point the skeptics like to argue...stating that it's very unlikely...and I agree...but it's only unlikely if they aren't related to us in some way...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

2) We are in fact engineered beings created by the Aliens and placed on Earth as an experiment.

Why do we have to be an experiment? Perhaps just one project of many projects. We do live in a zoo, which only the zoo keepers have the keys that allows them escape beyond the surface of the earth and move freely though out the other 99 percent of the universe. Yep, we are just like the animals caged in a zoo and just like them most of us have no clue what lies or even that anything exists outside our cage.

I'm certain, if allowed, we will eventually have to leave the earth and colonize other worlds in order for our species to survive. Because those worlds will be different we might have to make genetic modifications & it might take years before we can adapt to our new home. We might even have rules that prohibits technology from being used so that the future humans can develope naturally.

Yes, we live in a zoo and some of us are related to the zoo keepers, but our minds are purposely left clean so that we can live free without worry of things outside our zoo.

Go rent the movie "The VIllage".

[edit on 16-12-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Yeah I completely agree with what you you said...but I can't help but feel they treat us slightly like an experiment...abducting us and learning what they can from us...studying us...not that it bothers me at all...but you are correct and I agree with you...we will be let out of this zoo cage one day...when they feel we are ready...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think it is definitely possible that humans may have developed to space age technology before and left the planet. In fact it makes sense, because we know that the planet has experienced cycles of cataclysms for a fact and at one time 95% of the life on this earth was exterminated. An intelligent civilisation would anticipate this and move out. So it is entirely possible the humanoid like aliens visiting us are actually ex-earth humans.

I read a channeling account a few years back known as the Lemuria scrolls. They describe something similar insofar that there was advanced human civilisations on this planet millions of years ago, but it says they migrated from the Pleiades(a view which is identical with Billy Meier) when the Earth was a fire planet billions of years ago and originally came here in etheric or energy bodies. Then over time they become more physical.

The fourth possibility you have not conisiderd is that the humanoid archetype maybe common in the universe. The theory of random chance mutation evolution is far from proven and in fact it is dubious, as it does not explain the intelligent design like traits humans have. It is possible the humanoid design is one of the best designs for intelligent species in the universe.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I agree...I'm just saying most descriptions/drawings describe humanoid beings...tall and short...but humanoid none the less...I'm just trying to explain that...

CHA0S,theres an relevant news article below featuring some interesting comments from by an expert in chemical evolution:

E.T. May Look Just Like Us."

"Forget all those fanciful Hollywood notions about the bizarre appearance of extra-terrestrial beings. E.T., if he or she exists, actually may look much like an ordinary human being. That is the conclusion of an international authority on the origins of life who has reported the first scientific evidence that life may be fundamentally similar throughout the universe.

'When we do land on a planet some where some day, don't be surprised if somebody walks up to shake your hand.' Dr. Cyril Ponnamperuma said."

Dr. Cyril Ponnamperuma was director of the University of Maryland's Laboratory of Chemical Evolution. The lab has pioneered research on how life might have originated from spontaneous chemical reactions among chemicals that existed on earth billions of years ago.
www.hyper.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hi CHAOS.

Interesting thread. I think option 2 is quite possible. Lets put it this way. Lets say we humans one day have the technology to explore the planets and create new forms of life through genetic engineering. When we try to create an intelligent form of life, dont you think we would probably create something humanoid?

Maybe they won't look at all like us humans, maybe their organism have to be adapted to the conditions of that planet, but there is a good possibility that we would make them humanoid. Didn't "GOD" create man in his own image? If you believe that GOD was actually aliens, there you go.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
this as been posted before but, the thread went dead.. as most out of the box theorys do here..

Personally, me and another member on here both had the same thought of option 1 on this thread the same week..

I going with option 1 for now.... it opens HUGE amount of doors we can step though.. and makes better sense. IMO..

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, What if humans are not native to earth at all, and we are the aliens.
thought provoking and not entirely impossible.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

The fourth possibility you have not conisiderd is that the humanoid archetype maybe common in the universe. The theory of random chance mutation evolution is far from proven and in fact it is dubious, as it does not explain the intelligent design like traits humans have. It is possible the humanoid design is one of the best designs for intelligent species in the universe.
I have considered that possibility before...but I find it hard to believe they are THAT similar...there's essentially no difference...no extra features...maybe only a few missing features like ears and a mouth...but I'm thinking over time those features have become less useful due to telepathic abilities...some monkeys/apes are very similar to us...but that is explainable because we evolve from the same ancestor on the same planet...I'm just really inclined to believe we are related to some of them in some way...

reply to post by henriquefd

I think option 2 is quite possible. Lets put it this way. Lets say we humans one day have the technology to explore the planets and create new forms of life through genetic engineering. When we try to create an intelligent form of life, dont you think we would probably create something humanoid?
Yeah...that's why I've gone with option 2 up until now...but option 3 is becoming more and more plausible...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The OP is basically arguing that aliens cannot be humanoid in appearance, which I think underestimates optimal evolutionary solutions in nature and ignores convergence completely. For balance, here's an interesting article, published in JBIS:

www.anomalies.net...

I would also recommend the article by dr. Robert Biere in Nature (Robert Bieri, "Humanoids on other planets?" AMERICAN SCIENTIST, LII December, 1964) but alas, this does not seem to be online anymore.

Either way it would be presumptuous to assume that aliens will not look humanoid. I think Dr. Michael Swords also wrote on this topic but can't find anything right now.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by jclmavg]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jclmavg

The OP is basically arguing that aliens cannot be humanoid in appearance, which I think underestimates optimal evolutionary solutions in nature and ignores convergence completely.
I completely understand what you and other posters are trying to say and where your coming from...it's just...too similar...I already tried explaining in my last post...logic seems to tell me there's something more going on here...but I could be wrong...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Or humans aren't originally from Earth at all and Earth is more something of a lost colony. A

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Or humans aren't originally from Earth at all and Earth is more something of a lost colony. A

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Could be...could be...but how did we get stuck here? Or are you saying some of us got placed here to inhabit the planet maybe? I'd be a bit like option 2 in that case...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Either way it would be presumptuous to assume that aliens will not look humanoid.

Anything assumed is presumptuous.

Odds are aliens will look nothing like us. People just make aliens in their image like their gods.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I feel a definition of "humanoid" is needed for this conversation. If you mean eyes, mouth, limbs and body- that is all fine and well, but then OP states that some may be "missing parts", but is still humanoid. Does that mean a snake is humanoid? It has eyes, a mouth, and a body, but it is missing limbs.

Few people might declare an alien that looked like a snake to be humanoid, but by loosely based definitions, every living creature is humanoid. It has a structure that was designed for life. There are lifeforms that have the ability to see, but have no "eyes" as we identify them. They have ways to digest life supporting substances, without a definitive mouth. They have a body that cements life supporting systems. A flower could be used, for example. Is that humanoid? Is a clam?

I feel any lifeforms non native to earth has evolved in the most efficient way for their environment. I feel, like a poster above noted, that assumptions are made on what a non native looks like based on our own ideas of what it SHOULD look like. Jesus was a white man. God has a beard. Our perception defines our reality. But in scientific fact, life is successful when based on efficiency. If humans look "humanoid", it because our environment dictates it. I cannot assume to know what nature would need to flourish in other environments - but if it is at all similar to earth, makes sense it would LOOK similar, relativity aside.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join