It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE TV: COP15 Activists proclaim intrude Bella Center at world leaders meeting today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hey, I just wanted to say I appreciate your links, updates and translations. It would be difficult for me to follow the demonstrations, if it wasn't for you.

I somehow wish I were in Copenhagen right now. And I hope the activists manage to get in the Bella Center.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
NEW: G77 countries have said, that if what COP15 is ending with is not good for G77 - they will walk out of COP15 - which will make COP15 a total failure for the world.

Source say that G77 will walk out in 10 minutes from now !" !!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

thanks

It is said, that a snow storm is approaching Copenhagen and we can expect 5-8 cm snow - I guess it will give demonstrants a possibility to throw snowballs at police

Behind Bella Center Activists disguessed as Santa have been moving in on bikes - trying to get inside

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
have to say it looks pretty cold out there, fair play to the protestors.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
yes its around -1 degree C and more snow comming.

From demonstrants car - they have on their speaker system told the demonstrants to run to the Fence at Bellacenter and push it down

They are about 200 meters from Bella Center now

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
police try to say to demonstrants that they will be arrested if they run to the Fence - and again from demonstrant speakersystem they tell everybody to run to the Fence...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Inside Bella Center, a group of about 30-50 NGO's are shouting CLIMATE JUSTICE - things tightend up ....

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I hope they won't interrupt the live transmission, things are about to get very interesting...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ekstra Bladet have told, that they will send all day - and they have more cameras

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The demonstration have now splitted up in smaller groups - police are starting to dress in combat suits

At first sight it seems impossible to pass the fence.

Police are starting to get people away from the street

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
people continue the last 200 meters down to Bella Center - they started to run to early

The fence were a sideway leading to Bella Center - it is in to the right of the camera now

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Other demonstrations have added to the ongoing demonstration - amonst are the bikes we see now

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Inside Bella Center is around 400 people running to the entrance shouting RECLAIM POWER - it looks like Climate Justice Action have a lot of sympathizers inside Bella Center

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It looks like that there is no police INSIDE Bella Center, so activists are free to do what they will !

Outside Activists countdown and will push fence

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
But before they can push the fence, they have to go through police cars, which is difficult

Some have climbed policecars from the back (the last policecar in the chain) and starts riot

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yeah, its ment to be pretty chaiotic out there.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thin is though, i know the "people" are protesting to get their voices heard, but arnt they losing site of the real situation. There trying to hijack the talks and not letting the world leaders do their job of making an agrement about climate change.

"Activists have been angered by the lack of progress on a new climate deal, and some have said they will try to get into the debating chambers."

Daft. Maybe if they let them get on with it, they would agree on something.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So what, they're just gonna let them inside? This is... weird.

The live feed keeps interrupting for me, I can't really watch it anymore

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The big picture is, that there are a lot of different opinions amongst the different activist groups.

So basicly all they wanna do is make so much noise, that media and world leaders get affected by the noise and their whereabouts - and hopfully activists get heard that way

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
NGO's, Journalists, Media and delegates inside Bella Center are also running to the exit

Activists outside try to push police baricade but cant get throug

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Its the same for me - they have 20.000+ viewers - but stay and hope it gets better . this is now

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join