It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever get tired of looking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hello,

I am here to share some frustrating feelings i have been having lately. I have always been a very open minded guy just searching for the truth, just like many of you. When i say truth, my biggest search for knowledge and truth has to do with origins of life and afterlife. Now the frustrating thing is once i feel like i am making progress and finding proof for one theory, I am shown proof of another theory, and i use the term proof very lightly. By proof i mean evidence of a theory to really be possible, obviously if there was evidence for one i wouldnt be in this situation.

Now i dont know what to make of this, my brain tells me there can only be one truth, but then why do i see evidence for many truths. Here is what i see, i dont know what it means or what theory if any it falls into. It seems that there indeed is some sort of paranormal aspect to life (my opinion) and from that people believe it to be what they will. whether thats christian god, muslim god or whatever. Now once they put a Belief behind it somehow they find "proof" to validate that belief. now i dont know if that means there are more than one truths somehow, or the other possibility, that somehow our minds/consciousness creates the proof to validate our belief. A christian knows jesus is our savior, a jew knows he wasnt. muslims know muhamed(excuse the spelling) ascended to heaven, an atheist knows there is no god. But they all cant be true, can they?

Now with all that said, it leaves me feeling frustrated, like at this point i think god himself or herself could come down from heaven to my house and i dont know if i would really believe it was him/her, because the next day someone will give me their form of proof on why god isnt real. i mean if i cant except the truth with 100 percent certainty why look for it, ya know what i mean. Its very frustrating craving the truth, but being to skeptical to believe it if i saw it. anyways if anyone else feels this way and has some advise, or if anyone has a comment feel free. thanks for reading.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Truth is personal. There's no reason my truth should be the same as yours. That's part of the problem arising from organized religion. People project their own beliefs and aspirations into their God.

Some see God as love, others as a fear inducing entity, both read the same bible. I myself get frustrated correlating the God of the old and new testaments.

You're just going to have to find your own peace and truth and stop looking for it in others.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

That is good advice, but the problem is i dont even know what i feel or believe to be true

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
For me, when I have come to a certain point similar to yours this is what I do. I step back. I disconnect from that seeking and set upon a path of inner retrospection.

As just stated by someone, truth is personal. There are truths that are universal, but one pertaining to faith, God, Creator, and beliefs are set to be personal. At least to me, that is how I feel.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thank you for your comments and advice

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by destroyhate

Now the frustrating thing is once i feel like i am making progress and finding proof for one theory, I am shown proof of another theory, and i use the term proof very lightly.
The only advice I can really give...having gone through frustrating times in my life similar to your one...is just keep looking...keep researching and connecting the dots until eventually one truth will become clear while others fade away as non-truth...just keep digging and things will slowly begin to make sense...the start of your journey will only grow rapidly in complexity as you research and discover new things...you will be flooded with information...but you will reach a peak in that complexity where anything past that will start to make sense of things for you and you can slowly buy surely rule out what isn't truth and what is...the puzzle pieces will slowly come together...

[edit on 16/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I believe God is real, But the question is are we real or this reality just some universal game of grand theft auto?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Look within, Grasshopper
lol

The real truth can only be found within.

I see beliefs as a tool to help us get through this school of life. A persons beliefs can help them through hard times, etc. but I don't believe there is a single 'truth', not that a feeble human mind (including mine!) can understand anyway.

Once you have found a/the truth, what are you going to do with it anyway? You are probably much better off searching for inner peace (I know, such a cliché), or working on your eternal self rather than searching for proof of a truth which may not even exist!

BTW I believe that I (we) am (are) eternal parts of an eternal universe. The purpose of this life is to learn and grow as eternal beings (very simplistic explanation). Therefore in my beliefs, religion and god and the following thereof are just tools to help us make it through this learning process.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Once you have found a/the truth, what are you going to do with it anyway?

That's right. And consider too that most people do not want to know the truth anyhow. It's why religion exists, it IS just a belief, as opposed a known truth. Take for example too those that are going shopping this holiday season to buy toys made in China at Walmart. They do not want to know that they are contributing to the trade imbalance and deficit and are destroying their own currency and economy and ultimately their own nation and government and way of life. They want to only know how much it will cost and whether it will make their expecting friend pleased with them this year, ha.

If people wanted to know the truth, religion wouldn't exist and beliefs would be considered foolish. Suppose for a moment that all this just might be an illusion and you're just a piece of meat in some gods matrix. That would be a horrible truth to know, like in that movie, right?
Do you really want to know the truth? What if you can't put the truth back after realizing it, then what?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Truth. This is one of my favorite subjects.

Reason being, that everyone has "personal" truth, but what personal truth is and what is actual truth, are as different as Imaginary (personal) and Real (actual).

Now I mean no offense in saying "Imaginary", but understand that I mean, what we esteem personally or what we "image" the optimum roll model of our lives to be. Most all would want truth as a virtue I'm sure but this is what I meant by imaginary.

For instance....We all know it hurts to loose someone we love and have had friends that have lost close ones. I have said, "I'm sorry to hear your loss" so many times in the years of my life. Each time I've always meant it, but then 6 years ago, my little sister got killed. It was my turn to hear that phrase "I'm sorry to hear your loss"...Everytime I heard that I wished I could of gone back to the people I had said that too, and give them more of myself, maybe held their hand and talked longer. I never knew or had that "personal truth" until it personally happened....then I knew....my heart grew 3 sizes that day...

Actual truth is totally different. Actual truth needs no witness to verify it. Known as it's code name "common sense". It's like knowing "my heart pumps". That is truth. Water hydrates...that is truth.

Lame example but do you see how easy real truth is. Any promise kept or vow repaid is truth......

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Do you ever get tired of looking?

I don't think of it as looking. For me personally, it is all the act of living.

Each day is another chance at discovery with each of us living our daily lives as if in a classroom.

I don't think it is within our purview to try and change the minds of those around us. We have our hands full just making sure that each of our own lives are fully in order and then, if asked, sharing what we believe to be truth.

Beyond that, fill what is empty, empty what is full and scratch where it itches.*

Best

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just want to thank all of those who have responded, There are some great suggestions and advice i should and could use.

Once again thanks all

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I know exactly how you feel. It can be frustrating believing in something one minute then having to direct your attention elsewhere and to the possibility it could be a flawed belief. It's definitely a blow at first. Takes you back sometimes.

That said, I think there is a lot of power and integrity in being wrong, as it can open portals to the truth. It's like peeling away the an onion until you get to the core (sorry for bad the analogy). You definitely have to filter away a lot of the crap to hone in on at least some sort of truth but it's definitely attainable.

As for you comments regarding many truths, I'm a firm believer there is just the one truth. The truth just is. There are certainly possibilities and that's where the troubleshooting lies. The truth, ideally, should have no ambiguity and no debate surrounding it because it just is. If there's holes or contradictions in the alleged truth then it can't be the absolute truth thus not the truth. A blaring example of this is the 9/11 Commission.

So being wrong is simply just learning what the truth is not thus closing in on the truth. It's a good thing if you view it that way.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We create our own "truth" IMHO and it's all different even if just slightly. It is only fools IMHO that thump their chests and self rightously declare their "truth" to be transcendant above all others.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join