It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey abductees.. this ones fer you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The so called "cell phone" footage is soooo bad... The animation is terrible and, as pointed out by other members, the quality looks like from a normal camera and not a cell phone.

Someone created it to bolster the credibility of the CCTV footage which raises a big red flag and puts the whole thing into question.

TimothyMartin says the CCTV footage isn't CGI. Well, while probably no one can, from this video, say with any level of certainty that it is or isn't, the fact that someone created the other video, the chances that the whole thing is a hoax by those kids is pretty high.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

How would you explain the car stopping, the other people looking around, the one guy running away? Also, if it was a hoax, how would they get the camera up that high in the middle of the street?

That place in Russia is a big millitary base. Maybe this was some kind of government craft?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Although the video looks very CGIish, the fact that the same orb is on two cameras, one I suppose is an official building security camera, then this is pretty solid evidence in my book. Now, as to what the orb is, that will be pretty hard to explain.

Great find!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveispeace
Although the video looks very CGIish, the fact that the same orb is on two cameras, one I suppose is an official building security camera, then this is pretty solid evidence in my book.

Yes, it would be interesting evidence.. except that one of the videos is clearly CGI. And the other video, the CCTV footage, is of such low quality that it's basically useless.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
one guy running away? Also, if it was a hoax, how would they get the camera up that high in the middle of the street?

I'm not contesting that the alleged CCTV footage is not from an actual CCTV camera. However, I'm highly doubtful that the so called orb we see on that footage that is shown to us was in the original footage.

That place in Russia is a big millitary base. Maybe this was some kind of government craft?

Everything is a "maybe" and a "could be" when there's not enough data or even an idea of what the hell we're dealing with.

The footage, as usually is the case with these videos, is inconclusive at best. And when taking into consideration that one of the videos is CGI the whole story and videos lose credibility.

Personally I never understood why people waste so much time debating these blurry and low-quality videos that don't show anything other than lights in the sky. If people really want evidence of something non-human, they're not going to get it through blurry low-quality videos from cell phone cameras.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by converge]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

I see your point, why is high quality video so rare?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
I see your point, why is high quality video so rare?

Probably a combination of factors, some we might have not even considered or can know at this point.

Although there's been a massification of cell phone and hand-held cameras, they don't have necessarily the capacity to adequately capture the phenomenon. Cell phone cameras for example, at this time, are practically useless for capturing night footage. Also pointed out by another member on a different thread, not everyone who has a camera knows necessarily how to operate it efficiently or set it up for the conditions at the time they are doing their capture.

We also have to consider that there's many unknowns about the phenomenon itself. Maybe the phenomenon can't be adequately captured on the 'normal' visible wave lengths most cameras operate on. Maybe the phenomenon can cloak/distort its visibility. Maybe the phenomenon can interfere with the filming process.

Or maybe the phenomenon is much rarer than people think and most of what is captured on film is of something else, mundane misidentified things, hoaxes or even some other unknown phenomenon we're unaware of that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with UFOs.

Maybes and what ifs, that's all we have right now. We just don't know and can only speculate at this time.

However, what can be said with a considerable degree of certainty is that most pictures and videos aren't compelling at all. That's not to say that the phenomenon isn't real. I'm convinced there is definitely something worthy of further scientific investigation, but I don't think video or photographic evidence will prove anything regarding the real and important questions we have about the phenomenon.

Even if we had extensive clear steady footage of an unidentified object, what exactly would it prove? That there's unidentified objects in our skies? We know this already. It wouldn't help us determine any of the important questions we have about the phenomenon and it certainly, by itself, wouldn't answer the question most people in this forum want to see answered: "is it alien?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join