It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New goat flu outbreaks in Netherlands, 6 killed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

Thanks for that, I'll try to avoid those areas, lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Just so you know, the Q-fever is present in Helmond.

You'll be fine though, just avoid the farms and the pastures in the countryside.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Your headline makes the story sound really urgent and sensational, but the 6 deaths have occurred over the entire span of 2009. The count was 4 by June 25, 2009, so only 2 have died in the last 6 months. I would flag you down if I could.

Q fever exists everywhere but the increased infection rate is really the result of mal-management of life stock. Overpopulated stables, malnutrition and too little experience with the needs of goats in general caused the bacteria to spread.

The outbreak is causing some political fall out, perhaps some more news on that later.

The symptoms look and feel like flu, but is a bacterial infection that can be treated with anti biotics.

I think your headline is overdone and slightly misleading. On top of that, you could use a little education regarding the Dutch. They are mostly nice, polite, self sufficient and tolerant people. I know, because I'm one of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Hey congrats!!!!

You are the first person ever to get "ignored" by me.

If you are still wondering what is wrong with ATS lately....people like you!!

I make it a point to deny ignorance but in your case i will make a exception.

I really hope you and your loved ones will have a happy Christmas and a healthy 2010.

@the ATS staff: Are these kinds of insults tolerated on ATS?

Peace and good health

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

There you go...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8c6684fb856960ce.bmp[/atsimg]

Have a good one friend.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythtified

Jeah, you're right, the death toll is not that dramatic.

We are however seeing an increase of infections, and it's spreading over a bigger area.

Our gov. was too busy with hyping the Swine Flu, they ordered 34 million doses of vaccine for 700 million Euro. We have 16 million inhabitants.

They basically ignored the Q-fever, wich created todays situation.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Your comments are a sterling example of precisely what we do not need in our news forums or anywhere else on ATS. Please see:

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

Originally posted by Gools
* As always, expectations of quality as well as civility within the news forum are higher than the regular forums. Conduct yourselves accordingly.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Your childish epithets and crass commentary have disrupted the topic of your own thread beyond salvage. Do not post along these lines in our forums again.

Warning issued. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join