It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would there be such a massive intrest in terrorism if 9/11 hadn't happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
whats your opinion..

I think there wouldn't be, people would just be going about their normal buisness.

but Eventually there would have been

[Edited on 23/5/04 by Krisboton]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think that their wouldnt of been as much intrest (Just like b4 911 hardly no 1 knew who Bin Laden was let along his terrorist group)

Also i dont think they would of been some of the attacks in Europe after (Train bombings ect) due to Bin Ladens network been infamous

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
my opinion..no...and actually I wish it hadn't happened for the reason none of those people would of been killed and two bush wouldn't of led the english people into a losing cause like the dumbass he is.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
lol I AGREE ABOUT THAT!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's sad to say that there probably wouldn't have been as much interest. We would have acted just as we did before 9/11, but then eventually another big terrorist attack would have happened and we'd be in the situation we are in now.

Terrorism has been going on long before 9/11 happened, but that was the spark that ignited the fire.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
doesn't stop the fact bush is a dumbass...but I agree something else would of happened to spark a war off...it was inevitable.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
yep he would have sat down and said "humm..we haven't had a war in a while...*looks at a map, points to middle east* ok the middle east is our enemy" or some thing stupid like that!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
lol, and don't forget "oh I know! let's get tony blair to come along too since he has his head so far up my a** he's sure to wannna help!"

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think not, because noone even herd who Bin Laden was and what al queda is. Also there would be less hatred of Muslims...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
that's true...but there would of more then likely have been something tht would of sparked a war on terrorism...I mean they could of attacked England instead...blew up big ben or worse for english people crashed the plane into the palace...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No - there have been MANY terrorist attacks on the US before, and no one cared. Bombing of the marine barracks, attack on USS Cole, the first WTC attack comes to mind. You see, Americans are an interesting bunch.... You can chip away at us with little attacks, and we don't care - but go and do something that we can watch on the 6 pm news and look the hell out! It's like WWII - we had boats being sunk by the Germans and we still stayed out of the war - then Japan attacked............. We all know what happened next.

VzH

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We all know what happened next.

... Hiroshima

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah... next time let's just stay home and let Hitler and Hirohito have their way with the rest of the world, shall we?

Sometimes, you just have to bomb the living crap out of something. Trust me.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
and then there's the stoopid english army who all run around with their handbags doing nothing and just follow the lead of other countries, stoopid us -.-

yeah we have the strongest navy in the world...reallly?!!! pitty we got rid of all our good ships because our leaders are stupid!! I mean we basically have a warfleet of tugboats now lol

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by DarthCorkus]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Correct, the war on terrorism would be minimal. Thats common sense.

It's because it happened on US Land, and so many civilians were
involved. Now the US chases them all over the place.
Except in IRAQ. where there is a foothold in the middle of the mess.
The terrorists come to IRAQ in greater numbers than before the war, where they are picked off one by one.

Iraq is the mecca of Martyrs now. The black hole of Radical Islam.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yes, exactly...they go chasing them all over the place but the one place they have control over if only minimal they don't really search at all...it's sort of pathetic.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I can only speak personally on that, but I was aware of terrorsim before 9/11, am very glad it wasnt a nuke in NY.

I think a lot of people didnt realize how serious of a threat it was. It mostly happens in other places, not here, was the attitude most of the time.
I dont think we would of been more interested, no. 9/11 was like being punched in the face while you are sleeping for a lot of people.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
I think that their wouldnt of been as much intrest (Just like b4 911 hardly no 1 knew who Bin Laden was let along his terrorist group)

Also i dont think they would of been some of the attacks in Europe after (Train bombings ect) due to Bin Ladens network been infamous

We have been trailing UBL since 1993 or even earlier. Good thing we didnt have Al Gore for president. During the Oli North trials, Oliver North explained why he had spent money on security and weapons while being attacked and interigated by Al Gore. Al Gore asked Oliver North "Who or what man could be so dangerous that justifies the spending like this?" Oliver North replied Usama Bin Laden. Al Gore then laughed and said "Who is Usama bin laden?" Oliver North replied the most dangerous man in the world. UBL has been followed and tracked in the intelligence community for a long time.

To think 9/11 won't happen again is ignorance. There are many al-queda terrorists still inside this country. Bombing in 1993-1994, 1998, 2001, guess what? It's 2004 and another 3 year reunion. Al-queda waits until people start to calm down and get less vigilante. Another attack of 9/11 caliber WILL happen again. Maybe not by planes, but it will happen. 9/11 was just the first successfull attack of a string of attempts going back over a decade. The world trade center was attacked previously to 9/11 by al-queda and guess what? When they didnt succeed in bringing them down the first time our government couldnt prevent the next one so what makes you think they can now? Ignorance in bliss but keep thinking we are all safe living in the USA. Those days are over my friends. Better get used to living like Israel. We may not have bus bombing and suicide bombers because its too difficult to transport weapons and bomb making materials over the atlantic to terrorists so instead, as far as the USA is concerned, they will plan years in advance for a major attack of 9/11 magnitude. You can expect to see large scale attacks every 3 - 4 years..

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Raphael]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think there wouldn't have been such a massive interest in Bush if 9/11 hadn't happened.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
lol

Honestly, I dont remember how Bush was doing before 9/11.
Didnt pay attention.

lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join