It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Prof. Predicts U.S. Will Break Up Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Macedonian Radio and Television On-line reported that Igor Panarin, Professor at Moscow's Diplomatic Academy within the Russian Federation's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, predicts, 'The probability that the United States of America fall apart in July 2010 is more than 50 percent'.

MRT went on to report, "Panarin came up with his grim forecast while analyzing the parallels between the Soviet Union in its final days and the current situation in the United States. 'American dream ballooned seven times in 11 years. During Gorbachev era, the Soviet dream ballooned five times.' Americans hope [President] Barack Obama 'can work miracles,' he wrote. 'But when spring comes, it will be clear that there are no miracles.'"

Source

He suggests that America will be divided into six parts.

A nameless historian/linguist supplied a chronicle of the rise and fall of histories major empires as an attempt to show that there may be credit to the Professors prediction. His starting point for Americas reign was in 1790 (post Revolutionary War).

* Assyria (859-612 B.C.): a 247-year reign.
* Persia (538-330 B.C.): a 208-year reign.
* Greece (331-100 B.C.): a 231-year reign.
* The Roman Republic (260-27 B.C.): a 233-year reign.
* The Roman Empire (27 B.C.-180 A.D.): a 207-year reign.
* The Arab Empire (634-880 A.D.): a 246-year reign.
* The Mameluke Empire (1250-1517 A.D.): a 267-year reign.
* The Ottoman Empire (1320-1570 A.D.): a 250-year reign.
* Spain (1500-1750 A.D.): a 250-year reign.
* Romanov Russia (1682-1916 A.D.): a 234-year reign.
* Great Britain (1700-1950 A.D.): a 250-year reign.
* The USA (1790-2009 A.D.): 219 years and counting.

So with the average reign being around 230-ish, what are the chances? Hopefully not as good as the good Professor predicts.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The map is the funniest part...
Three hundred million of us armed redneck/ cowboy/ yanks aren't about to let the world start arbitrarily drawing lines and carving us up.
I'd say the crash of the American government is imminent...
Not America.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What I find ironic is that the energy rich Alaska would go to Russia and not to Canada, and parts of the US going to under Mexican control, especially the parts that would not stand for such, or that China would want or have the will to extend its might to the western part of the US, and that any other country could actually hold it without a fight.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Not a chance in hell that we Russia gets Alaska or Texas falls under Mexico influence.

This guy is proof that heroin from Afghanistan is flowing into Russia big time.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessDespot

Indeed! My initial reaction to the map was

I could not figure out how anyone came up with why each sector was claimed by the countries indicated on the map. They can sure try to split us up. Try being the key word.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Not a chance in hell that we Russia gets Alaska or Texas falls under Mexico influence.

This guy is proof that heroin from Afghanistan is flowing into Russia big time.

Right there with you. No way the Southern United States would be under Mexico's influence. If anything, Texas and the South would take over Mexico. Though California, Washington, and Oregon are liberal, I highly doubt Idaho and Utah would "play along".

[edit on 15-12-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah ooookay. I hate to break it to the comrade but it is more likely that Mexico will fall under the control of Texas when they invade after we cut up the country not the other way around lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is called Propaganda.

This is what the Russians want their citizens to believe about the USA. We haven't seen a lot of this type of propaganda since WWII. I wonder if this guy is just an isolated case or if all of Russia believes this nonsense.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Arizona Part of a Chinese controlled California Union?

This guy has never been to America...

i'd still be picking off Chinese tourists at the Bottom of the Grand Canyon 20 years from now...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think the Prof. severely underestimates Americans. We may all bicker amongst ourselves, sue for absurd reasons (some seem to do it for a living), hate our government and we have a long laundry list of other faults...but
IMHO we would come together as we always seem to do when the chips are down. WE as in the people. Not the fat cats in office, but those of us busting our butts to get by. Not to mention we have the home court advantage if a war comes here.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Atleast China has an army.. I suspect the most far fetched part is Canada taking over... anything.
All we have to do is clip the rubber bands on their three fighter planes and they're done.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
I think the Prof. severely underestimates Americans. We may all bicker amongst ourselves, sue for absurd reasons (some seem to do it for a living), hate our government and we have a long laundry list of other faults...but
IMHO we would come together as we always seem to do when the chips are down. WE as in the people. Not the fat cats in office, but those of us busting our butts to get by. Not to mention we have the home court advantage if a war comes here.

I second that. We as Americans only fight among each other because we are bored with the rest of the world. If they showed up at our door to carve up the country I'm going to find my Republican and Democrat friends get my gun and explain to them in so many calibers that we just like to fight.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Apparently he was disregarded for some time until the economic debacle came along which he claimed would happen as well.

This is not the first time that Comrade Panarin has made such a prediction. Joseph Farah, editor of World Net Daily, noted in December of 2008 that Panarin has been making similar projections for the past ten years. In a column regarding Panarin's predictions, Farah wrote, "Until recently, no one took him very seriously. And then came the economic calamity that has rocked Americans and the rest of the world, too. Now, Panarin's predictions of an end of the United States, due to economic and moral collapse, is being taken seriously by many."

I still think he is a fruit personally, but one never knows.

Dig the new profile image btw JohnPhoenix

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessDespot

Atleast China has an army.. I suspect the most far fetched part is Canada taking over... anything.
All we have to do is clip the rubber bands on their three fighter planes and they're done.

Low Blow

Canada is fine with what it has.

But The United States of Texas with Mexico as a territory is starting to sound pretty darn good.

Hook'em Horns

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

That was a valiant statement. They, the government is pulling everything off they want because they know WE WILL TAKE IT.
So far, we've taken everything they've dished out, why not this????

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The Russians are desperate to get Alaska back.

I think that professor is on drugs.
They must kick themselves when they read about the sale of
Alaska to the USA. We did what???

We stole it fair and square.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

That was a valiant statement. They, the government is pulling everything off they want because they know WE WILL TAKE IT.
So far, we've taken everything they've dished out, why not this????

Because its one thing to change laws and policies. Its another thing entirely to try and abolish the United States of America altogether by dividing it up and handing it over to other countries.

[Edit to add]

The Declaration of Independence holds the key to what our actions should be if our government were to ever even consider yielding to another country and allowing such a division to happen...

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I remember watching the television show Jericho. In the show the US splits up into three groups. East Coast, West Coast and Texas. I remember watching it and thinking

"if D.C. was still in control of the East Coast they would be able to pull resources from NATO and the UN the West Coast wouldn't be able to defect so easy........Texas, yeah that makes sense."

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

i'd still be picking off Chinese tourists at the Bottom of the Grand Canyon 20 years from now...

Is there a 'Chinatown' near where you live?

Why don't you start now?

While I don't agree with the map, the hatred contained in some of these posts is , well, not surprising, but disappointing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join