It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viscount Monckton calls activists 'Hitler Youth'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Found this earlier... Not sure if it has already been posted... i did a search and didn’t find anything....

www.guardian.co.uk...

Christopher Monckton berates a group of young activists for interrupting a meeting of climate sceptics in Copenhagen, calling them 'Nazis' and 'Hitler Youth'

Now I think most of us no Viscount Monkton to be a climate sceptic... and I can understand him being a little frustrated with these young activists (let’s be honest anyone would get frustrated when people of a different viewpoint interrupt a private meeting)

But i feel that calling these people Nazi's is over the top... and to then not back down when one of them reveals that he is a Jew who's parents escaped the Nazis is disgusting in my opinion!!!

Now of course we can argue that they shouldn’t have gate crashed the “Americans for Prosperity” meeting ... But they are young, have an opinion, and for gate crashing activists were quite polite. Is his reaction setting a good example to young people??
Should he be calling these people, who are really just passionate about the planet, Nazi’s???

Ben Wessel: [of the Sustain US youth delegation] First of all my name is Ben [sticks his hand out to shake].

Monckton: No, no. I'm not going to shake the hand of Hitler Youth. I'm sorry.

Wessel: Sir, as a Jew I'm not really sure how I should take that.

Monckton: I'll tell you how you should take it. You should take it.

Wessel: My grandparents escaped the Nazis growing up in Germany.

Monckton: Because of the biofuel scam, world food prices have doubled. That it because of the global warming scare, which you won't look at the science of. As a result of that, millions are dying in third world countries because food prices have doubled because of the biofuel scam, because of the global warming scare.

And you people don't care. And until you start caring I will call you Hitler Youth if you ever again interrupt any meeting at which I am present, where we are trying to have a private conversation.

The only thing I agree with Monckton on is that Bio Fuel is a scam!! It’s just a way for the Corporates to continue to make money rather than investing in cheaper more abundant fuel types...

However, to blame the food crisis in this alone is very short sighted... I truly find Monckton to be a despicable man who, in my opinion, has his own agenda.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
WOW. . . just wow. people are becoming more and more suppressed. this is just horrible. they're young, passionate, and care about the planet.

IS THAT A REASON TO CALL THEM HITLER YOUTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
i can't believe that he's all like [in a deep and mocking voice] "oh you should take it, ruh ruh ruh."
and does not care that the kids grandparents COULD HAVE DIED!

and it's over BIOFUELS!?!?!

come on! i personally believe that global warming is a hoax perpetuated by an attention-starved former VP, but i'm not so overzealous as to call people with different beliefs #ing NAZIS for crying out loud!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
GW is not a hoax , but it's not mostly because of carbon.

Idiots , calling people that care about our planet hitler youth? Makes me so angry , almost as angry as I am on NASA.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
hello, seems to me that the 'gatecrashers' can have their opinion, but Monckton cannot? bit one sided? how would you feel if someone crashed a private party you were holding? sometimes, with age, comes knowledge, or the ability to seek knowledge, perhaps those young people should look at both sides of the coin, coins also have edges!

new topics

top topics

join