It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the precipice of human evolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
With all these movies coming out for the last few years questioning our society as a whole and our actions and kind of hinting that we need to move forward in evolution, I think more and more people are starting to realize that something needs to change in our society if we are ever to move forward and have more fulfilling lives. I cant help but think we are on the precipice of something new and different. Something is going to change soon.. i think too many people are aware that we are in desperate need of moving forward in evolution and that something is going to have to change soon. Too many people are tired of living these pathetic lives we live and seeing people continue to go downhill. I really wouldnt want to see any kid alive today be running the country in 10 years.. that scares me. Everyone seems to be getting crazier, younger, and more immature by the second. Why havent we moved forward at all in the last, at least, 50 years? sure we have made a couple new things, the internet being the most brilliant invention.. but as far as anything important, as far as our attitudes, our levels of consciousness we havent moved forward at all. We still have rebellions like in the 70's.. still have people who want to change things but dont have the balls to really go all out for something they believe in. We all just kind of sit here and accept that we live these boring lives, spend way too much money on simple things, we say we care about the world and the people in it but we do nothing at all to help...we dont change, we just remain the same.

I really hope im not the only one who hopes we can get out of this funk and move forward soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I don't believe we are. We are nowhere near the precipice in my opinion. Things can and most probably will get much worse before anybody starts to realise they have been had, and then it will be too late.

Everybody plays the game,
If you don't your called insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

With the Internet we had the information revolution. Data accessible worldwide and anytime.

We are overdue for a free (or cheap) energy revolution that will help produce advanced technologies, materials and raise everyone's standard of living.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure that it's sort of like a roller coaster. for the last 50 years or so we've not been doing much... but that was because we were going almost straight up and when we crest the hill, we'll cover some serious distance.

by my calculations, about 2011.

who said the conciousness shift had to have an external influence? couldn't humanity just break free of it's own shackles?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I dont think humanity will break out of any shackles without a serious catalyst. The spell that everyone seems to be under is a damn good one. As long as they have their vices (drugs, booze, women, video games, tv, etc) theyy will be satisfied with their lives. They dont know any other way...

Kinda sad actually.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The old methods of doing things are becoming under-fire and becoming extinct. I believe this is more of a transitional state that we are currently in.

Peoples beliefs are stepping in the way of the right decisions. It's time for people to implement a new age standard guideline book. (A new non-religious guideline)

I hate to say this, but I think the world needs a kick in the rear end. To get the population to think clearly and rationally. For people to take a step back and look at what they have.

Here lately, I've been wondering how much longer can we go on like this. It just feels like there is so much tension, like everyone is at everybody's throat.

Does anyone else feel this way?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow, what a negative attitude. Pathetic, boring lives? What a sad place you live in that you can make such blanket statements and feel right in doing so.

What needs to change is people waiting for a "fix" to their "awful lives". The attitude and outlook on life is astounding.

The posters above sound so judgmental, borderline pompous. What makes you think people are stupid and only care about vices and money?

So ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

join