It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor predicted the rise of Barack Obama as the Antichrist way back in 1970 !!!

page: 5/
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran
Ok check out the video clip below... it is a excerpt from the sermon "Why the Antichrist Must Come Soon" preached at First Baptist Church of Hammond by Jack Hyles back in 1970 !!!

Is it just me, or was this Pastor describing the rise to power of Obama perfectly?

It's just YOU - I wish I could say how I feel right now without being banned. How IGNORANT to compare what this dude said to Obama!!!!

Of ALL the black men in the entire world, you claim this guy was talking about Obama??? IGNORANT!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Love it, the long lost religious right raises its voice. Must be a little lonely being last year's model of the fringe group that the Republicants use to try to maintain their power. The teabaggers try to compare Obama to Hitler, but will you all stand idly by? Nope, we are relevant, you cry! Obama is the anti-christ? There hasn't even been the correct number of popes that you all are supposed to believe is necessary before the big old boogie man rears his charming face. Besides, don't you mean 'false prophet?' And if not, who is the false prophet necessary for the anti-christ to return? The last I read from Drudge is that Obama has a weak personality, and is transparently narcissistic, not charming and strong.

Why not focus on something meaningful like:

*would Jesus want universal health care for the sick, average, young and old of God's earthly children?

*would Jesus advocate for war in Afghanistan and Iraq?

*would Jesus approve of a massive tax cut for the richest among us?

*would Jesus say that a health care system should be for profit?

*would Jesus approve of the death penalty?

*would Jesus lock-up people for smoking marijuana?

*would Jesus mock a presidential candidate for being a community organizer?

Why not focus on living your life for today, and work within the system to make the world more Jesus like, instead of waiting for the rapture like it's the next reality TV show?

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 12/15/2009 by skunknuts]

You are so correct and not only that but all Christians were told to Not look for the antichrist but to look for the falling away period and to be prepared to "leave her" or "come out of her" and to "head for the hills". People who look for the antichrist are the luke warm people spoke of in Revelations and Jesus is suppose to spit them out because they never knew true doctrine nor did they study and show themselves approved. Instead, they rattled off what the conspirators told them, rather than finding out the truth themselves. Besides, the antichrist is suppose to take the scene after the establishment of the 10 kingdoms (America has not been divided yet), extreme period(s) of war (civil, foreign) and the deaths of the two marytrs which are supposed to be seen all over the world. Honestly, why don't you actually read the Bible and Revelations first - all the way through. It tells you all the origins and I hate to be the one to say this - but most predict that this so-called AC will be from the Middle East. Since when is Kenya the Middle East? Also Arabs and tons of Muslims are Caucasian, not black African decent, this is also mentioned. And for those who follow the news - Obama had a falling out with his MINISTER. A Minister, ladies and gents is a Christian term, so how is Obama Muslim?
Making all this up as you go is not showing your heavenly father that you know his word. If anything, it shows the opposite.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by DaWhiz]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have no idea but just for the fun of it I tried recording my voice saying "Yes you Can" as per the video on page 1.... reversed it (in audacity) and wow, "thankyou Satan" appears.... I know you can make many things when reversing speech but hey that was amusing if a little disturbing... go try it - only take 1 or 2 mins...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Jack Hyles is a money grubbing tool of SATAN. His whole family exists solely to prostitute the Son of God like a common twenty dollar whore so they can amass a great worldly fortune and stroke their egos. Their whole "ministry" is one big money making machine. These are the people that Jesus threw out of his father's temple.
DIE SATAN DIE!!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Horse # springs to mind

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Darn it, I always end up getting in trouble when I have to own some totally ignorant user in one of these threads, so sorry mods I swear I'll try and be a civil as possible when trashing TheAmused but I have to clear the air...

i pray every day people like you that voted for him..didn't vote so we are not in the state we are in now.

Well, TheAmused, I didn't vote for him...just saying....

so i guess we are even on that subject lol

You guess wrong......just saying...

What if he really is the antichrist?
and you voted and defended him tooth and nail..like now..

what if there is no antichrist and your entire belief system is a joke...just saying...
again, I did not vote for him and fail to see as any intelligent human would how my post defends BO "tooth and nail"........just saying

just saying
i bet when jesus come's back and the voter's see him..
They will cry on the spot cause they know what they done.

I bet the next time jesus comes down here slumming he gets burned alive by the FBI, or locked in a mental institution because thats what happens to people who claim to be jesus....just saying

just saying.

why don't you take your foot out of your mouth so I can hear just what you are saying.

cause alot of Proof has been put forward to show he very well could be.

wow, Proof with a capital P!!! well heavens to betsy sign me up right away!!! It must be the real deal.

i could post 3 page's of evidence with simple explanation..and it still would never be enough.

no you couldn't...plain and simple.....here I'll put in in caps to make it more official for ya...NO YOU COULDN'T.

The Only debunking anyone does is slander or put down the user's idea or beliefs on this subject.

what do you want me to debunk? that BO is the antichrist...read my last post I already did that. I it doesn't matter who's in power people will call him the antichrist because they're paranoid i guess. If it was John McCain, people would be saying the same thing. How is any of this slander? And wouldn't putting down be the same as debunking?

Disprove that video for me then we can speak on this matter like adult's.

The video is based on Bible verses which is a whole other can of worms, and even contains a disclaimer at the end!!! Here...lets apply some of your own logic to me...my name is ancient hebrew for Jesus(yep, it really is), my mothers name happens to be Mary(yes, it really is)...I guess that means I'm the second coming you've been waiting for, and since I don't think that BO is the antichrist(even tho I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM), i guess that mean he cant be.

Speaking like adults isn't enough for me, I know children who deny more ignorance than you do. Maybe you should change your handle to TheEasilyAmused. Now go ahead and fire back with obligatory cheap shot failed assumption about my avatar. I mean what else have you got? just saying.....

pwned...NEXT.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

The antichrist can come in many different forms and with different requirements. Even as a Catholic I know the bible was written by man and it could be wrong!!!!! There is no doubt in my mind their will one day be an Anti-Christ. But will it be a man or an object? I think were dealing with symmantics(sp) on trying to figure out who this Anti-Christ is because we won't know until its to late.

Skunknuts....... Just because Jesus wouldn't do somethings doesn't mean it's proper for a government to govern that way. Jesus may have been rich in faith but poor in wealth. I don't want my country like that do you? Besides Seperation of Church and State nullifies that arg.. And using the term "far right" or "extreme right" in the majority of your posts when this topic doesn't even pertain to party seperation shows your insecure mindless one way thinking... let go off the party politics...

Back on topic.... I can't believe that Obama is the antichrist. His own people are starting to bail on him hence his poll numbers.... Even though I think he is dragging country down and destroying our dollar, spreading his marxist ideaology, socialize/nationalize every form of government he can, and destroying our defense of this great nation, I don't think he is the AntiChrist and in league with Satan....

Back on topic.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Akkadian]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

HAHA

Nice post.... and you said Powned..... love it..

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The Priest replied that the Anti-Christ was thought to be alive and a teenager and possibly living in Chicago.

Having said that, I don't think Obama was living in Chicago at that time.

No he wasn't but his wife was and everybody knows she is the power behind him.

She was his first boss you know.

There is nothing that says that the anti-Christ has to be a man or a politician.

She is more popular than he is.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
::gets a good laugh:: You people slay me with this stuff. The religious folk said the same thing about rock music back in the 70's. Backwards lyrics from AC/DC, KISS, Stairway to heaven, the list goes on and on. The thing is folks you can play back just about everything out there and if your really want to hear funky stuff you will. Thanks for a good laugh.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The thing you fail to see is Obama is not in control he is merely a puppet of the ones in control that operate in secret behind closed doors or a prisoner to the powers that be so when SHTF don't blame him blame the idiot families of bankers and so forth hiding behind closed doors that run this country and always have.

Of course i would like to know if he is a natural born citizen but that seems to be out of play, anti-christ i doubt it, those are just the same ole scaretatic preachings that have gone on for years and years throughout religion and always will.

The Anti-christ is coming please make your donation to the plate

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As far as Obama being "in league with Satan",I found this,from Tom Horn's,"Apollyon Rising 2012",to be pretty disturbing,on many levels!

QUOTE:

..."Because it is true that any significant public political event requires both forethought and symbolic meaning, the location where Obama gave his Berlin speech in front of Berlin’s Victory Column contributed to O’Brien’s conclusions. The site was offensive to educated Germans as well as to Christians and Jews because of its ties to Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. It was nevertheless oddly appropriate, for it was upon this exact location that Hitler had planned to enthrone himself in the Welthauptstadt Germania—the new "World Capital" upon winning World War II.

During the 1930s, Hitler commissioned Albert Speer "the first architect of the Third Reich" to design the new capital. As part of the plans, the "Siegessäule" or Berlin Victory Column—a 226-foot monument topped by a golden winged figure representing Borussia, the female personification of Prussia, and Victoria, the cult goddess of military victory—was removed from its location in front of the Reichstag building in 1939 and relocated to its current location in the Tiergarten, a 495 acre park in the middle of Berlin where Obama gave his speech in front of the Nazi symbol.

Rainer Brüderle, deputy leader of the liberal political party Free Democrats in Germany complained to the newspaper Bild am Sonntag: "The Siegessäule in Berlin was moved to where it is now by Adolf Hitler. He saw it as a symbol of German superiority and of the victorious wars against Denmark, Austria and France." This represented a serious question In Brüderle’s mind as to "whether Barack Obama was advised correctly in his choice of the Siegessäule as the site to hold a speech on his vision for a more cooperative world." [3] Another German politician named Andreas Schockenhoff was equally disturbed, saying, "It is a problematic symbol."[4]

Evidently it was not problematic for Obama, who stood in front of it and saluted the German audience in a way eerily similar to what Adolf Hitler used to do, followed by thousands returning the salute, which is against German law. When Obama ended his speech in front of the war goddess, he said, "With an eye toward the future, with resolve in our hearts, let us remember this history, and answer our destiny, and remake the world once again." This is exactly what Hitler had promised to do and exactly where he had planned to memorialize it.

Of greater significance and not far from where Obama delivered his rousing speech, is the Great Altar of Zeus in the Pergamon Museum. According to several reports, Obama visited the Great Altar while in Berlin, which is especially important given what he did on returning to the United States. Before we examine Obama’s revealing actions, consider carefully what the Bible says about the Altar of Zeus in the letter to the church in Pergamos (Pergamum, Pergamon).

"And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and has not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth" (Rev. 2:12-13).

In the Greek, the phrase "where Satan’s seat is" literally means, "where a throne to Satan is." Scholars identify this throne or ‘seat’ as the Great Altar of Zeus that existed in Pergamos at that time. So important was the worship of Zeus in ancient Pergamos that perpetual sacrifices were offered to him upon the towering and famous 40-foot high altar. Antipas, the first leader and martyr of the early Christian church is believed to have been slain on this altar, slowly roasting to death inside the statue of a bull, the symbol and companion of Zeus. The phrase in Revelation 2:13 "wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth" is considered a citation of this event.

Approximately two-thousand years after Revelation 2:13 was written, German archeologists removed the massive altar of Zeus from the ruins of Pergamos and took it to Berlin, where it was restored as the centerpiece of the Pergamon Museum. It is here that Hitler first adored it, later building an outdoor replica of it from which he gave a series of speeches that mesmerized many Germans.

"Fast forward about another 75 years," says blogger El Gallo. "Another charismatic young politician mesmerizes huge German crowds with a rousing speech in Berlin. Barack Hussein Obama…. [and] did Barack Obama visit… the Great Altar of Zeus…? Presumably he did."[5]

Whether Obama received inspiration from the throne of Satan while in Berlin or not, what he did next was astonishing. Upon returning to the United States, he immediately commissioned the construction of a Greek-columned stage from which he made his acceptance speech for his party’s nomination. Because Greek temples such as those built to honor Zeus were thought to house the patron deity, the GOP ridiculed Obama, mocking him as playing Zeus of "Mount Olympus" and accusing his supporters of "kneeling" before the "Temple of Obama." The New York Post ran an enlightening Convention Special supplement on August 28th, 2008 with the telling headline: ‘O’ MY GOD: DEMS ERECT OBAMA TEMPLE blazoned across the front cover. But it was not until blogger Joel Richardson pointed out how the design of Obama’s stage was a dead ringer for the Great Altar of Zeus [6] that Obama’s campaign managers tried to explain away the design as being a conglomeration representing the portico of the White House with the U.S. capital building. "But experts agreed with Richardson," Gallo wrote, "it was a replica of the Great Altar of Pergamum."[7]

Thus, incredibly, like Hitler, Obama had honored the goddess Victoria with his presence before ordering a replica of the biblical throne of Satan built, upon which he accepted his date with destiny."...

From www.newswithviews.com...

This book reveals so many astonishing connections between our government and the occult,I don't know how anyone could deny the unseen forces at work!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's an intelligent post. Majority of those who are atheist/agnostic and or thinks that obama is not the AC will obviously think that any Christian that speaks of this frame of mind is a lunatic preaching moron. So when it comes down to it, it's more of opinion and experiance through a spiritual level. apparently i'm in the wrong

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
More from "Apollyon Rising".

This says to me,if nothing else, that Obama sure means different things to different people!

QUOTE:

..."A final troubling disclosure at the conclusion of this entry may cast light on why Obama seemed fascinated with such anti-Christian symbolism in the lead-up to his election victory. A Hadith (tradition) sacred to Shiite Islam from the 17th century contains a prophecy from Ali ibn Abi-Talib, which predicts that just before the return of the Mahdi (the end-times redeemer of Islam), a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." This leader will command "the strongest army on earth" and will bear "a clear sign" from the third imam, Hussein. The prophecy concludes that: "Shiites should have no doubt that he is with us."

Does this Islamic prophecy identify Obama as the "promised warrior" who comes to help the savior of Shiite Muslims conquer the world? Amir Taheri asked this very question for Forbes Magazine in October, 2008, pointing out how "Obama’s first and second names—Barack Hussein—mean ‘the blessing of Hussein’ in Arabic and Persian" while his "family name, Obama, written in the Persian alphabet, reads O Ba Ma, which means ‘he is with us,’ the magic formula in Majlisi’s tradition

Leap forward to 2009, and Barack Hussein Obama on June 4 gave an unprecedented speech to the Muslim world from Cairo, Egypt declaring that he is launching a new era between the United States and the Muslim world. For the first time, Obama was forthright about his Muslim heritage and stated that the United States—which he is on record as saying is "no longer a Christian nation"—is now "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world." Newsweek editor Evan Thomas followed the president’s speech with a declaration reflected in the opinion of many, that "Obama is standing above the country, above the world, he is a sort of God."....

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Here's an intelligent post. Majority of those who are atheist/agnostic and or thinks that obama is not the AC will obviously think that any Christian that speaks of this frame of mind is a lunatic preaching moron. So when it comes down to it, it's more of opinion and experiance through a spiritual level. apparently i'm in the wrong

It also makes sense then,that is the Bible is correct and there is an "anti-christ",all the non-believers could possibly follow along and be deceived!

Isn't that just what "The Father of Lies" would like to have happen?

It's possible that those who are "watching" for the anti-christ may be quick to see the similarities and may jump to conclusions,but I'd say they are erring on the side of caution.

To me,that's safer than saying "It's all nonsense!" and denying the possibility!

But,that's the beauty of Free Choice! No one forces you to believe either way;it's up to you!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

Originally posted by Jordan River

It also makes sense then,that is the Bible is correct and there is an "anti-christ",all the non-believers could possibly follow along and be deceived!

Isn't that just what "The Father of Lies" would like to have happen?

It's possible that those who are "watching" for the anti-christ may be quick to see the similarities and may jump to conclusions,but I'd say they are erring on the side of caution.

To me,that's safer than saying "It's all nonsense!" and denying the possibility!

But,that's the beauty of Free Choice! No one forces you to believe either way;it's up to you!

Congrads and welcome, you're on my friend list

I loved your post and it does make me think more. You got stars from me. YAY! everyone wins.

I do believe that we are seeing signs of revelation already throughout. Fall of america, diseases. Right now I think were at a mild stage of it. Yes when it comes down to it you have to be carefuly. although I have a lot of friends who are lookin at Obama oddly as well. Than again his weak polictical stance at this moment will make a lot of people disbelieve.

But on the other hand, just like the election, I think an event will occur again that raises Obama numbers higher. Muslim attack in america? Iran war? decline of the dollar bill. 2$ double cheeseburgers instead of 1$. lol

anyways we have a long year of 2010 ahead of us and I think it shall be very
intresting.
I got my tinfoil hat on ready for 2012

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Alright,friend,glad I gave you something to think about!

Here's some more food for thought!

From "Apollyon Rising"

QUOTE:

...."Interpretation:
In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations; when they are over, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible or fearsome Judge will judge his people. The End.

Some believers in this prophecy say the title Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman) is symbolic of the pontificate, and that the final pope could have a Christian name variation that satisfies this meaning. On this order, the man who in 2002 correctly predicted that the pope succeeding John Paul II would be named Benedict XVI, Ronald L. Conte Jr., believes the next pope will take the name Pius XIII, and that "Peter the Roman" means this pope "will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church; this authority is based on his place as a Successor of Peter" and "will emphasize the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Faith and the Roman Catholic Church above all other religions and denominations, and its authority over all Christians and all peoples of the world." To this, Conte adds, "During the reign of Pope Peter the Roman, the great apostasy begins" and this pope will mark "the first part of the tribulation, during our generation." [1]

The idea by some Catholics that the final pope on St. Malachy’s list heralds the beginning of "great apostasy" followed by "great tribulation"—and that this is either the current pope or the next one (some debate exists on this)—sets the stage for the imminent unfolding of apocalyptic events, something many non-Catholics would agree with. This could give rise to a false prophet, who according to the book of Revelation leads the world’s religious communities into embracing a political leader known as the Antichrist. This marriage of church and secular government would give unprecedented global influence to the Man of Sin during the period known as the Great Tribulation."...

Lots to watch! Better than television,that's for sure! ("Truth is stranger than fiction",right?!)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by Jordan River

Alright,friend,glad I gave you something to think about!

Here's some more food for thought!

Yeah the funny thing is that a lot of people disbelieve what the ancient and middle age people (like the popes list) of the past. You can't shove a square in a circle hole. What's intresting to note is that there is another prophet. A woman, I think she was a witch. But she claims that St peter will come insider vatican church. Edgar cacye said the same thing. props to the newest prophet EC.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Wow that is remarkable I never heard any of that before.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While I've never visited this site before,I just googled "Pope,World Political Power",and this is just one of several articles outlining this development.

From
www.wnponline.org...

QUOTE:

...."There are times when headlines and articles leap right out of the Bible. This week saw such a headline. Where it will lead is yet to be seen, but this one you will want to watch.

This week Pope Benedict XVI released his comments on the global financial crisis. Now every pope watcher knows that popes don't just write 700-word essays on world conditions and social problems. No, they write several thousand word documents called encyclicals. And these messages always have Latin names, a throwback to church origins during the Roman period when everyone spoke the native Latin. This one is called Caritas in Veritate (Charity in Truth).

The USA Today headline said, "Pope Calls for 'God-centered' Global Economy." Here is the opening paragraph: "Pope Benedict XVI today called for reforming the United Nations and establishing a 'true world political authority' with 'real teeth' to manage the global economy with God-centered ethics... The pope says such an authority is urgently needed to end the current worldwide financial crisis. It should 'revive' damaged economies, reach toward 'disarmament, food security and peace,' protect the environment and 'regulate migration.'"

The goal of this "true world authority" is a just and equal sharing of world resources to eliminate poverty and other social problems. The document, which you can read at the official Vatican Web site, draws from past papal statements but seems to put a stake in the ground with the clear call for some type of central authority to end the cycle of financial stress that historically leads to problems like war and upheaval of whole populations. Massive wealth redistribution is also called for.

Comments from observers stress the humanity of the pope's words and the intent to relieve human suffering. The USA Today article goes on to say, "'The pope is saying you need just structures and people who act justly,' says Steve Colecchi, director of the office of international justice and peace for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. 'He's calling on every level of society to be rooted in an ethical vision of the human person.'"

Students of Bible prophecy recall the words of Revelation chapter 13 where a future religious leader rises on the world scene in league with a global political leader and together wield a power that impacts every aspect of life. Speaking of this religious figure it says, "He exercises all the authority of the first beast [the political power]... He performs great signs… He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads" (Revelation 13:12, 13, 16).

In this amazing prophecy we are warned in advance of a coming time of global upheaval out of which emerge religious/political authorities that promise to restore stability and order in world financial markets and maintain the peace between nations that threaten world order. The language of this prophecy is unmistakable in the picture it paints. To read the words of the present pope advocating "a true world authority" is to see the potential for a significant piece of this future picture forming before our eyes. It should awaken us to the magnitude of today's global events and what could suddenly emerge.

While the words of this papal call for justice and social equality appear benign, we must read God's Word carefully to understand how the intent of man's solutions can be turned into something completely different. Spiritual deception continually lurks, ready to emerge as a powerful force for evil. The words of Revelation 16:15 are a warning to us from Jesus Christ: "Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame."....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The keyword? "Watch!"

That last paragraph really sums it up. What sounds good can be turned into something completely different! But who wants to argue with "peace",right?

"While people are saying,'Peace and Safety',destruction will come on them suddenly,...." 1 Thessalonians5:3

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join