It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previously undiscovered ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

That's interesting. Could the structures we're seeing actually be some kind of 'bleed through' or 'double exposure' or similar from a currently populated place on the planet?

In other words perhaps its a computing/processing error?

That would be so boring, but a possibility which should be considered. Any experts?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There is a lot more than just "Cuban legends", we have caves with paintings, some of which show the seasonal equinoxes, others seem to show the Solar System, etc. Apart form that there is the ruins city off the coast of Cuba, and if you bothered to read the depiction I gave which Plato heard it states it wasn't just an island, it was an entire continent.

The Kings of Atlantis had power extending to several islands, as well as having power in the Americas. Since they were able to take over at least part of the Americas it would seem that Atlantis was closer to the Americas, than to Europe. They tried taking over parts of Europe and supposedly they couldn't.

There is another thing, among the ruins off the coast of Cuba there is a large pyramid, larger than the pyramid of Giza. Such an structure would suggest that was a main city at least for the area. You won't find such large structures in a smaller city. For example the biggest pyramids in Africa are those in Egypt, and the largest there is the Giza pyramid. The same way the one found off the coast of Cuba is even bigger than that of Giza.

As for the stories, they are not just stories you hear on the streets, these are passed down to those belonging to the freemasons, and or Rosicrucians.

I just also did a search, not knowing if i was going to find this online. I know this because they were part of the legends that my grandfather would tell me, and my cousins, and they were not just children's stories.

With the passing away of Lemuria—the home of the Third Race—there arose from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean the future home of the people of the Fourth Race—the continent of Atlantis. Atlantis was situated in the space now occupied by a portion of the Atlantic Ocean, beginning at what is now known as the Caribbean Sea, and extending over to the region now known as Africa. What we now know as Cuba and the West Indies were the highest points of the continent of Atlantis, the lower portions being now buried beneath the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.

sacred-texts.com...

You can also find the above excerpt in the following book online.

The Secret Doctrine of the Rosicrucians

I didn't just make it up and just claimed "it must be there." Empirical evidence shows this area wasn't just a regular/small city.

There were several Kings of Atlantis, there could very well have been several large cities/kingdoms.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I believe Atlantis existed, I also believe it will never be found.

I believe it not only slipped under the waves but its destruction did not
stop there. You see it must have been a land mass that passed under
a shelf. Besides I find nothing to suggest this story is even true.

Why isn't it bigger news than this. Is their any confirmation. All they have are images and there be many a slip twix cup and a lip.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I want to be perfectly honest. Every single one of these pictures look as taken from a somewhat high altitude with some cloud cover. I take flying lessons, I see images that are interchangeable with these every time I take to the air. Besides, the structures in question are far too...rigid in shape to be as old as has been alleged.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by A_Lack_of_Pants

Yes, I too think this every time I look at these photos.
Anybody have any idea what the white cloud type things could be? (Assuming these are actually pictures of the sea floor.)

But as far as the structures being too "rigid" to be as old as alleged, I could not disagree with you more. Do explain how you came to this conclusion? Also, I just want to let you know that people will probably not take anything you say seriously because you became a member..um... today.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by thunderabove]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by GideonHM

My boy, I'm a very old UFO abductee. I believe in sunken cities, I believe that there is life (or has been) on Mars. I believe that multiple ships of different stars have come here since long before we were here.

Most of all, I believe in a discerning eye and common sense. As I said, this sunken city is bogus and you wasted a lot of emotional words that helped not at all to settle this case one way or the other. I offered a couple of good points in my posting and I didn't get emotioinally involved, try it sometime.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Aliensun]

Age is not the determinate for experience nor understanding. Do you assume my age by the nature of my post? Utilizing insults and my emotional state of mind as some means to discredit my statements is a fallacy.

As I stated earlier, you are not a debunker, you will not prove your beliefs and you will never accept that there is a city till you are bludgeoned with proof of it. Attacking my statements as emotional is exactly what I was talking about. You did not digest what I had to say, and frankly you don't have any proof either way.

Sorry, your age is no defense against your own beliefs and attitudes about the world, young'un.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If true, this is really unprecedented and groundbreaking!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Is this thread for real?

That type of picture rendering is all over the world in Google Earth, both webpage and app.

Edit: brief moment of Lysdexia

[edit on 12/17/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why do people give stars just for disagreeing?

All someone needs to say is "That's bunk!"
And then they get a star for that?

If you quit thinking about possibilities
and just call everything BS
You get a lot of stars.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

That's because they could have said something that makes sense or a good post.
I give stars a lot even if they debunk something i am interested in that's the thing about this site its not one sided you have got to see everything from both sides that's a discussion.
As for a one liner getting a shed load of stars i do not agree with that.
There could well be a big undiscovered city under the sea somewhere but although i liked this story at the start they just do not have the proof that we can say there is anything but image pixelation.
Thanks for your posts in this thread.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I looked at the pictures and did not see anything that can lead me to one conclusion or another. Though I do believe in ancient civilizations that have not been discovered as of yet, the pictures and information provided in the articles does not provide any evidence (IMHO) of this being one of the lost ancient civilizations.

I can understand the some non disclosure of a team leader in that since this is not conclusive, he or she could receive high criticism and ridicule from their peers if this turns out to be false, however at the same time they are asking for funds, which I can’t see why someone would contribute funds without knowing to whom your are giving the funds to.

The pictures are extremely pixilated, which does not indicate to me high end satellite imagery, which they seem to be alluding to. They talk about certain elements being in the photos, such as various structures, which I don’t see.

Many have mentioned the hand tool icon, which is not conclusive evidence in itself since there are several applications that use hand tool icons, however each application has it’s own hand tool icon designed differently to avoid copy write infringement on icons, which does not mean that there is not another application with the same hand tool icon, but highly unlikely.

Then there is the News site itself, which I don’t know enough about myself, I will leave this to others more knowledgeable in this area.

So in closing, where I can not scream this is definitely a hoax article, there is a lot of information that, (IMHO) points in that direction.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
reply to post by Mad Simian

exactly

I am betting on pixelation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34ac615a08ad.jpg[/atsimg]

picture above is the 'underwater city' and below is 'mars city'... see any similarities?

I don't usually get involved with these forums as much as I read them...but I gotta say...

That picture of mars has a genuine diagonal shadow in it. The top picture looks like pixels straight up, but that mars one doesn't look as similar as a trained eye would suspect.

that's because on the mars picture there is elevation involved... nasa 'pasted' the image on 3D simulation of the mars surface...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

A better question is why did the thread get 60+ flags IF EVERYONE THINKS ITS BS??

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think it would be really cool if we found a previously unknown civilization at the bottom of the sea, that would be one hell of a dive dont you think?
i think this thing needs to get funded and get underway because i really am enthralled and want to learn more about this. hopefully its not a hoax, but we cant be one sided and let that factor slip through.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

A better question is why did the thread get 60+ flags IF EVERYONE THINKS ITS BS??

Because nobody bothers to read all of the replies before posting their own anymore. It isn't about understanding, hypothesizing, or anything else like denying their ignorance... It's all about teh Starzzz!!!1] Glorious, shiny, shapely stars!!
It's why half of the folks who replied tilt their head when you say, "pixel extrapolation error".

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's faked.

Get over it.

Move onto somthing more worthy of our time.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
If you go and google online sea levels during the ice age, it will show that the sea levels where at least 135 meters lower 10,000 years ago if not longer. so much of the Bahamas and the Bimini road that is supposed to be part of a structure would have been high and dry. I will post a link to an interactive map of the world and other parts of the world continents where you can change the sea level to see how much land is increased due to the amount of water in meters that is taken away or even added if you want, you will be surprised.

merkel.zoneo.net...

True...
I've been working on Part two. It has taken me longer than I had wished.

Stay Tuned.
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

If you do a rough tally of pro's and con's in this thread you will see that at least 90% of the replies not only think the campaign to raise money to explore the anomaly is fake, they also think there is no lost civilization in the caribbean area. Double whammy!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why, oh why, do you tease us so?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hey, I found my own lost city!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join