It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previously undiscovered ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
please remove

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by my27questions
Like I replied before,

HERE IS THE LOCATION: 22° 2'24.78"N, 84°28'30.49"W

I put those coordinates into (a newly installed) Google Earth.

Ended up of the coast of Cuba looking at what appeared to be jpg compression artifacts...I will give the original discovery a small benefit of the doubt, but I have to admit, it REALLY does look like compression artefacts.

As to why someone might keep the location secret?... The obvious answer is so no one else steals your thunder and whatever may lie there before you can get to it. That side of things (which some have given as a reason for distrusting the story) doesn't invalidate the story.... In my opinion anyway.

But that 'city' REALLY does look like the sort of effects you get when you digitally compress an image, then zoom into it.

I'll keep a small door of possibility open though

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
In addition to the sleuthing done by some members in this thread about the location of Herald de Paris' operation (and the fact that they are looking to raise money) a quick check of their homepage is all I need to look at to call Bravo Sierra on this whole thing.

If you're a true believer, then I suggest you get in on the ground floor of their new program:

Herald de Paris announces a new Luxury real estate program

HERALD DE PARIS - We have made a name for ourselves by being out-of-the-box thinkers...

Indeed.

:shk:

[edit on 16 Dec 09 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Okay...Now Huffington Post and MSNBC is covering the story. Surely they would have done more investigating then all of the people here claiming BUNK!
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Boy are they gonna look stupid!

Point one: Perhaps those GE photos are the only ones being released NOT to prove anything, but to provide something other than just words. Maybe the actual sat photos are being withheld for now until further investigation?

Point 2: Perhaps the team wants to remain anonymous for now as to not get targeted by TPTB for silencing.

Point C: Yes the released photos and website raise questions, but does that translate into the discovery is complete malarkey? Definitely not.

Shame on the debunkers of ATS for not focusing on the discovery instead of unsubstantiated claims of hoaxing. Remember...

“Of those qualities on which civilization depends, next after courage, it seems to me, comes an open mind, and, indeed, the highest courage is, as Holmes used to say, to stake your all upon a conclusion which you are aware tomorrow may prove false” -Irving Dillard

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The pics look like compression artefacts to me.

Even ignoring the images, this is a case of trust the messenger trust the message.

A little digging shows you cannot trust the messenger. The 'Who Is' details are of a one man band out of California with the registrants phone number being that of the appeal number, which proves he lied about setting up a special number. There's also no wayback machine for it and a previous incarnation of the website was merely a blog.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by spookfish]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by spookfish]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I seen images like this many times before on google earth.Its fake but i do not know if it is done dilibrate or its a glitch in the system.I think its a glitch in the system.Its fake.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by powerpiggy
Clearly this is an astounding discovery. Using proprietary software, I was able to enhance a section of the site. (unfortunately I must "guard the location’s coordinates carefully") I was amazed to see a structure with what appeared to be a billboard nearby. Using the above mentioned software, assisted with Heisenberg compensators, the billboard clearly reads "The Krusty Krab." Nearby appear to be several entities, one yellow, one pink and the other appears to be blue. One can only wonder at what advanced technological marvels these beings have to offer.

I lol'd, give this guy a medal

but yeah, again, I am inclined to believe this is a hoax. I'm pretty good at photoshop. I could have made this thing in a few minutes! I just need a Google earth screenshot, a blue background filter, lots of layering, turn down the opacity on some of the layers, resize the picture using free transform to add pixelation, and voila

a bunch of crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If 90% of the posters think(actually are sure) this is bunk, then why(or who gave) the 63 flags? In my opinion, this doesn't add up and lends credibility to a "rant" thread someone started a few days ago claiming something is wrong with ats. Think about it!

As to wether the campaign is legit or not, I have no way of knowing but I will admit something smells fishy. A confidence trick to raise money or just poor communication skills?

I believe in lost civilations but I don't think atlantis lies in the caribbean sea. Plato said beyond the pillars of hercules and it is more-or-less taken for granted atlantis lies somewhere in the middle of the atlantic ocean. I would venture the azore islands!

Perhaps there is a lost civilization in the bahamas area but it's not atlantis. I remember reading threads on ats not too long ago that the usa navy has an underwater submarine base in that vicinity so it would not strike me odd at all if the PTB are keeping a solid wrap around the whole thing much like the hollow earth entrances, the so-called "egyptian pyramids", underground alien bases, etc.

The best way to hide something is to let bits and pieces out while at the same time ridiculing everything. If someone gets too close to providing evidence(and proof) they get taken out in cold blood. Phil Schneider comes to mind...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Fake. First of all, the article contains no information on the researchers such as their names, where they are from, and who funded the research. The photos are obviously from Google Earth and contain common photographic artifacts from compiling and compressing satellite photos. The website looks like someone's blog.

Five bucks says the OP later includes an Examiner article to "substantiate" the story.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by my27questions
Like I replied before,

HERE IS THE LOCATION: 22° 2'24.78"N, 84°28'30.49"W

That location you just gave is right off the coast of Cuba, and what can be seen can be anything.

It is very blurred, and it is very close to the coast. A lot of Cubans dive in those areas, and as far as I know nothing has been reported.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Regardless whether it is the real deal or not, i'll admit to getting a little shiver of excitement when i first looked at the images.

The fact is, the images do have many of the characteristics of image artifacts BUT is there something else in there too?

Why cant we be looking at BOTH image artifacts AND ruins?

Though as much as i SO BADLY want this to be some kind of Atlantean-era civilization, the source is certainly a bit worrying. Time will tell.

Has anyone considered this could even be a part of official disclosure? Could be worked in somehow to give some credibility to whatever story they concoct...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andrew h7

Five bucks says the OP later includes an Examiner article to "substantiate" the story.

Well you better hand that cash over if you read my posts in this thread i agree with most posters that it is probably image artifacts but i did not see that when i started the thread.
But i am glad i started the thread i do not feel too bad because from the start i never said that it was definitely a city i said COULD it be true.
After all this is a conspiracy site where things like this are discussed.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I believe in lost civilations but I don't think atlantis lies in the caribbean sea. Plato said beyond the pillars of hercules and it is more-or-less taken for granted atlantis lies somewhere in the middle of the atlantic ocean. I would venture the azore islands!

Why would you claim any civilization found in the Cuban area, and the Bahamas is not Atlantis?...

The city/ruins found off the coast of Cuba could very well be remnants of Atlantis, and just claiming "it is not" doesn't make it so.

My grandfather who was Cuban and died in Cuba was a freemason. Many of my uncles are either freemason, or Rosicrusian and there are stories that Cuba was once part of Atlantis.

The city/ruins off the coast of Cuba which is over 2,000 feet underwater must have gotten there by way of some mayor cataclism as that which occurred to Atlantis.

Atlantis, even thou it is called an island was said to be as large as a continent, larger than Libya and Asia put together.

For it is related in our records how once upon a time your State stayed the course of a mighty host, which, starting from a distant point in the Atlantic ocean, was insolently advancing to attack the whole of Europe, and Asia to boot. For the ocean there was at that time navigable; for in front of the mouth which you Greeks call, as you say, 'the pillars of Heracles,' there lay an island which was larger than Libya and Asia together; and it was possible for the travelers of that time to cross from it to the other islands, and from the islands to the whole of the continent over against them which encompasses that veritable ocean. For all that we have here, lying within the mouth of which we speak, is evidently a haven having a narrow entrance; but that yonder is a real ocean, and the land surrounding it may most rightly be called, in the fullest and truest sense, a continent. Now in this island of Atlantis there existed a confederation of kings, of great and marvelous power, which held sway over all the island, and over many other islands also and parts of the continent.

Notice how the account states the island was from a distant point in the Atlantic ocean. That plus it's size, which was supposed to be larger than libya, and Asia put together makes it a continent, even bigger than Australia.

The very large continent is for certain the Americas, and they even stated that the Kings of Atlantis also had control of parts of the continent.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

And I can just as easily ask you "Why can't atlantis be somewhere near the azores since it is beyond the pillars of hercules(meaning gibraltor) and far from euro-africa?"

What makes you certain atlantis is located off the bahamas? Just because cuban legends say so, doesn't make it so. In fact it could be ANY LOST CIVILIZATION, since there are/were more than one in recorded and unrecorded history.

Its the name of the lost civilazation we are arguing about, not if a lost civilization exists there.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
I will go along with what most posters have said that this is image artifacts.
Thank you everybody for taking part but i do not think anything will come from this i feel silly for starting this thread now but at the time i thought it was a good subject to discuss on ATS.

THANKYOU

On the contrary, I don't think you should feel silly at all. My understanding of ATS is that it is a forum dedicated to presenting these types of stories and discoveries. You've done nothing to be ashamed of and have been gracious in your acknowledgement that this appears to be a hoax. I have to give you credit for both bringing the story to the board and your open minded discourse here. Well done.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

Thank you for that comment i appreciate that so thanks.
As for this story if and a small if this was legit and they really believed there was a city there and want funding they are going to need to show more than this to potential backers.
It did not get past ATSers so i do not like there chances.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Going by the OP's posted pic, they aren't ruins they are standing dwellings. You can even see ridged rooves! This is not compression it's a picture of somewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hande

That picture you have there from google earth.I have that one too.Thats more relistic as it shows the indentations in the sea bed.Its compleatly different from the other pictures which are fake.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

They would need more evidence to invest IF they didn't fear being beaten to the punch by someone else. By putting the story out there like this he might be enticing someone to get on the boat early. I say this because many times before when posters would find these compression anomalies I would say, "if you're so confident then find an investor to pay for an expedition." This could be just that happening right now.

reply topost by smurfy

Smurfy, if that's ruins then they are of an advanced civilization beyond our comprehension. Just look... buildings in the clouds.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hard to grasp that an ancient city on the bottom of the ocean still looks this structured after many many thousands of years ....... even for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join