It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previously undiscovered ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by davesidious

I can point to several BILLION who believe without evidence...i think they call it faith.

Don't pull that crap here
It doesn't apply

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by burnowt

yEAH LOOKS LIKE PICTURE LAYERING IMEAN IF YOU COULD SEE IT SO CLEARLY HOW DID IT GO UNDISCOVERD AND ITS OF SUCH HIGH QUALITY IT WOULD BE ON EVERY NEWS STATION. O WELL GOOD EFFORT

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards
I also call bunk. It looks like either a bad photoshop job or a load of image compression artifacts. The story was written to go with the lousy picture. Take it to the Weekly World News!

Whenever I see a post like this I look at the name and their avatar.
One or the other is sure to be a negative image, featuring a weapon or an assassin and associated with gore, violence, Armageddon or doom and gloom in general.

I can get a quick snapshot of their worldview which goes a long way to explaining the response.

Not to say this is bad. Just an observation.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by burnowt

yEAH LOOKS LIKE PICTURE LAYERING IMEAN IF YOU COULD SEE IT SO CLEARLY HOW DID IT GO UNDISCOVERD AND ITS OF SUCH HIGH QUALITY IT WOULD BE ON EVERY NEWS STATION. O WELL GOOD EFFORT

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

This looks like an exception... until you note the big bat.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by mars1

Well...have you considered that both the moon and Mars DO have cities / ruins on them?

I have seen many, many images of structures on both, no, there is no absolute proof of anything, but enough anomalies to suggest that something is there, that shouldn't be.

Yes i consider that all the time but there is no solid proof on that but i do believe there could be buildings on the Moon and Mars maybe one day we will get our proof.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I know the location of these supposed images, I found them almost a year ago on google earth and was very intriqued. I was never really certain if they were artifacts or actual ruins. It also seems like the posted images were flipped to help hide their location. Also, you'll find that there are many similar looking areas surrounding these coordinates, especially to the west. Be sure to zoom in close and allow the images to load, then you'll see them.

The area is located at: lat: 22° 2'24.78"N
lon: 84°28'30.49"W

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Can we have this moved to the HOAX forum now? It has been fairly conclusively proven that this is, in fact, a hoax and not a legitimate discovery.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I will go along with what most posters have said that this is image artifacts.
Thank you everybody for taking part but i do not think anything will come from this i feel silly for starting this thread now but at the time i thought it was a good subject to discuss on ATS.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Can we have this moved to the HOAX forum now? It has been fairly conclusively proven that this is, in fact, a hoax and not a legitimate discovery.

Not only is this a real discovery -in a secreted location for fear of looters, there are more like it being discovered by divers fairly regularly.
Here are a few more "hoaxes" for you to wrap your hood around...

www.s8int.com...
www.greatdreams.com...
www.youtube.com...
dancingfromgenesis.wordpress.com...
www.riaanbooysen.com...
faroutliers.wordpress.com...
www.listafterlist.com...
www.morien-institute.org...
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.mysterious-america.net...
www.lilith-ezine.com...
www.disclose.tv...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.sunilreddy.com...

I will post them as I find them...I feel so free!
As for proof.... Are you requiring an actual piece of concrete?

friends: note the doom and gloom?

[edit on 16-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Not only is this a real discovery -in a secreted location for fear of looters, there are more like it being discovered by divers fairly regularly.

www.youtube.com...

I will post them as I find them
[edit on 16-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

Please feel free to provide solid evidence that counters the, thus far, concrete proof provided in this thread that this "Discovery" is nothing more than a (laughably) poorly conceived hoax, and should be moved to the HOAX forum.

For the record, poorly done YouTube video's are worth about as much as the original source, in terms of credibility.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

So. Why so quiet?....Were you expecting an actual piece of concrete?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Nothing you provided is evidence that the topic at hand, that is: the poorly cropped Google image article provided in the OP, should not be moved to HOAX.

Feel free to make your own thread full of those underwater discoveries and I'd be glad to pour over them. Heck, I'd probably agree with one or two.

This one, however, belongs in HOAX.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
Literally you have to go there and prove that the satellite is wrong, and the image is simply garbage.

I can't. They won't tell me where the location is.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by rusethorcain

Nothing you provided is evidence that the topic at hand, that is: the poorly cropped Google image article provided in the OP, should not be moved to HOAX.

Feel free to make your own thread full of those underwater discoveries and I'd be glad to pour over them. Heck, I'd probably agree with one or two.

This one, however, belongs in HOAX.

Fair enough!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and even I got too excited and accepted it at face value, but it is obvious this is nothing more than a scam. These people asking for money for more research just shows what it is.

If this fact that he or they had been asking for money had been mentioned earlier...

But anyways it happens to us all.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Like I replied before,

HERE IS THE LOCATION: 22° 2'24.78"N, 84°28'30.49"W

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Oh? How so?

Belief in something without solid evidence, REGARDLESS of what that belief happens to be, is exactly the same thing in every circumstance.

Belief in one's offspring to be good people...i can't see the future, but i have faith that my children will be good people.

Belief in a creator deity or god having fashioned humankind from the dirt, is another example of faith. There is no evidence to prove the truth of this one way or another, yet people..many, many people, believe this to be so..faith.

Belief in the reality of a sunken ancient city, being reported in a news outlet, without much in the way of evidence, is a belief based on faith. Faith that what we are being shown and told may actually be true. Faith and the knowledge that many ancient sunken ruins have been discovered all over the planet, so it's not exactly unheard of to find one.

So, really it isn't crap.

Crap would be to say that the two are the not the same thing, when they patently are. Belief based on faith, is belief based on faith..it doesn't matter in whom or what or where that faith is directed.

Archaeologists are finding these things all the time, sometimes by luck, sometimes through research and effort..but curiously they never tend to show up on any US Navy/Oil exploration survey's either...but they continue to find lost cities in the shallows, in the deep water, in the jungles and forests and across the mountains and across the savannas nonetheless.

It's perfectly understandable for the guys to want to keep a discovery's location a secret. It's fairly standard practice, whenever it's practical to do so.

If this does indeed turn out to be a genuine sunken city, every diver and treasure hunter, to adventurers and souvenir hunters would descend on the location in their thousands, which of course is not what you want if you have potentially discovered the archaeological find of several lifetimes...is it.

For the record mate, i'll type and say whatever i like, whenever i like..if you don't like that, add me to your ignore list, i won't be losing any sleep over it, yeah?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It won't be explored because it is right off the coast of Cuba. I believe(if it is real and not image artifacts) that it is part of the same structures that were discovered by Paulina Zelitsky in 2001.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Hey, no worries mars1..my pleasure.

Yes, i hope one day soon we'll get the answers..but saying that, if you follow quantum theory, we already know the answers, and don't know them...we exist, but at the same time, don't. We type, but don't type..it's a funny old world eh?

In the final analysis there's not much in the way of solid proof of anything at all. Well..there is and there isn't..if you see what i mean.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You didn't lose anything..so all's well that ends well.

I don't think you should feel bad for opening your mind to a possibility..regardless of whether it is a genuine find or not..you lose nothing by being wrong and you also gain the thrill of discovery, and excitement at something possibly being uncovered that has lain buried for donkey's years..what's being wrong compared to that feeling?

This may be a scam attempt, it may not be. If this guy works on funding, it's normal to seek sponsorship. Just about every civilian expedition that has ever set off has had to seek donations and sponsors...so i don't hear any fat ladies singing..yet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join