It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previously undiscovered ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
reply to post by Mad Simian

exactly

I am betting on pixelation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34ac615a08ad.jpg[/atsimg]

picture above is the 'underwater city' and below is 'mars city'... see any similarities?

I don't usually get involved with these forums as much as I read them...but I gotta say...

That picture of mars has a genuine diagonal shadow in it. The top picture looks like pixels straight up, but that mars one doesn't look as similar as a trained eye would suspect.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JTWalkinfingaz2
ok, so these are the pics from this herald de paris article....

www.heralddeparis.com...

Here's a zoomed in section of the fifth picture....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00a79a2d47f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a zoomed in section of the second picture. I had it rotated 180 degrees, but it won't work on here, so you gotta rotate it your selves....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ae823edbfc1.jpg[/atsimg]

put em next to each other you can see the same structures.

this one just looked like a sphere shining in the sun....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c927f956993f.jpg[/atsimg]

I hope this thread worked. Rotate that picture and compare.

Not just the same structures, but the same exact clouds exist in the same formation.

This -would- be an excellent way to get a lot of hits for money. Gotta say...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Okay. First. It is the responsibility of the person making the claim to actually back up his claim. If the "anonymous" (I read that as "nonexistant") expedition leader can only provide blurry, flat, heavily artifact'ed pictures as his evidence for such a bold claim, then yeah, he's getting laughed off the stage.

Next, look at the pictures. EVERYTHING is at right angles. People don't lay out cities like that. Next the "roads" are random lengths, the "blocks" are randomly arranged and sized... Again, people do not build like this.

Third... there's a freaking google earth cursor in one of the "satellite images"

The only ignorance this is going to burn is that being peddled by people who have zero knowledge of architecture, scientific method, history, or y'know, one of the most common map programs in the world, yet who continue to froth and spin their eyes about ancient lost cities.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

There was this guy named Plato who had something to do with this whole Atlantis business. Y'see, he concocted the Atlantis story during a debate on his work, Republic. Atlantis was the archenemy to his perfect republic - Athens - and by its essential nature, was goingto be the opposite of everything Plato was writing about in his Republic. So yes, Atlantis, as told by Plato, would have been a monomaniacal tyranny where the poor were slaves and the rich inherited the rights to abuse them, a ruthless, militaristic monster... who handily gets its butt kicked by plucky, perfect little Athens.

And then the gods smash up Atlantis just for good measure. More likely Plato added that part (and hte whole thing about it being hugely ancient history) in order to nip any historical arguments in the bud.

One wonders if he also included a disclaimer that all resemblances between his personal evil Empire and Sparta are entirely coincidental and unintentional, yadda yadda yadda...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
There have been threads with these kind of pics before, like this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think it's a city.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well, if fake (which I guess it is) then it's not just a picture with compression artefacts: the effect should be on the entire photo, covering the clouds also, not? In this case the effect stops where the clouds begin.
Of course, adding a cloudy sky on top of a glitched photo isn't hard to create either.

I must say to me it seems highly improbable these pictures are real, given the similarities with typical photographic errors and the extremely symmetric pattern of the alleged city...
I'm rather certain however ancient cities are still waiting to be found underneath our oceans. Just really doubt this is one of them.
Will wait for more info on this one, but it doesn't look too promising.

About the Cuban site: haven't heard from it anymore in years, an informational update would be most welcome...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Well...have you considered that both the moon and Mars DO have cities / ruins on them?

I have seen many, many images of structures on both, no, there is no absolute proof of anything, but enough anomalies to suggest that something is there, that shouldn't be.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
Well, if fake (which I guess it is) then it's not just a picture with compression artefacts: the effect should be on the entire photo, covering the clouds also, not? In this case the effect stops where the clouds begin.
Of course, adding a cloudy sky on top of a glitched photo isn't hard to create either.

I must say to me it seems highly improbable these pictures are real, given the similarities with typical photographic errors and the extremely symmetric pattern of the alleged city...
I'm rather certain however ancient cities are still waiting to be found underneath our oceans. Just really doubt this is one of them.
Will wait for more info on this one, but it doesn't look too promising.

About the Cuban site: haven't heard from it anymore in years, an informational update would be most welcome...

Google Earth uses composite imagery and echosounding data to produce the sea floor images. The photos aren't raw satellite images but a compilation of images from various sources.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As somebody who believes that ours was not the first advanced civilization on the Earth (and won't be the last) I'm anxiously awaiting proof of the previous world's existence...and this is unfortunately NOT it.

These pictures ARE from Google Earth...and an OLD version at that. What looks like 'grid' are in fact digital photo artifacts which were prevalent in the old version of Google Earth. This is not the first time pictures like these have been debunked here on ATS.

The good news is that they've fixed the anomaly in the latest version of Google Earth by giving water a 'live' look...you can see the waves 'moving'. Get the latest version here.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Simian
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but it definitely looks to be a hoax. Besides the aforementioned 'google earth hand', you can find EXACTLY the same thing all over Google Earth. A prime example is the coastline around Istanbul, Turkey. I've also found some near Cairo, Egypt and off the coast of South Africa(although I'm sure there's plenty more).

Besides, the 'researchers' asked for donations in that article. Any self-respecting and properly DEGREED professional would be going the official route to get funding(i.e. government grants, backing from universities, etc.).

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Mad Simian]

I hate to burst YOUR bubble - the coastline around Istanbul does indeed have submerged ruins, exhibiting linear patterns because there ARE sunken streets etc. Cairo in egypt is not near the coast??!?! I take it you mean Alexandria? If so, the Pharos lighthouse and a large area of urban sprawl from the classical era are located under the water on the coast. South Africa has many uninvestigated ruins and unusual phenomena on it's coastline and on land - it doesn't mean they aren't real!

Open minds folks, not closed ones.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

lol this is so bull!
you can see the hand grasp of google earth not to mention lots and lots of pixels.. GE hoax.

just like the one earlier this year.

High tech satellites my ass!

Atlantis will be found when it WANTS to be found.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
According to the same website, the pictures in question were filtered and lightened and the white parts are strong reflections from a high sun rather than clouds.

The same page has pics of the unfiltered images and focused shots aimed to concentrate on genuine anomalies versus data artifacts.

Unfiltered Images

[edit on 16-12-2009 by astronomine]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here's the pic from the thread I just linked to;

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If these pictures were from Google Earth, would they really have the audacity to present such pictures to the media? This would seem in direct conflict with their apparent goal (that of getting their expedition funded).

It would also open the doors of ridicule from, not just scientists, but pretty much anybody who recognized it as Google Earth pics, again conflicting with their goal.

It's worth noting that the anonymous researcher points out the problems of satellite imagery. This seems perplexing coming from a hoaxer using Google Earth pics.

Yet... it looks just... like... Google Earth

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Either they are telling the truth, or these people listed down below for the "News site"
are going to be in a heap of trouble for fraud. In case anyone did not notice, they are asking for investor funds and list a phone number to call with a 415 area code in both stories.

I don't see what is so hard to believe about it, they keep saying we have only explored like 3% of our oceans. Sonar would not see this in the shallows very well and subs would not go there most likely.
Below is the listing for the news site from "Paris".lol:

Registrant:
Herald de Paris et Cie., Ltd.

65 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, California 94101
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: HERALDDEPARIS.COM
Created on: 01-Nov-08
Expires on: 01-Nov-10
Last Updated on: 03-Nov-09

Administrative Contact:
Alexander, Jes [email protected]
Herald de Paris et Cie., Ltd.
65 Grant Avenue
United States
4157387811 Fax -- 4157387811
:

[edit on 16-12-2009 by j2000]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by j2000]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

Ok, thanks for the GE details. That does make sense.
The 'Herald de Paris' has three articles on the subject, all equally vague and lacking info...

It certainly isn't an official newssource, rather some kind of amateur(?) e-journalism.
I wonder if this Jes Alexander (publisher, journalist, columnist... of the HdP) actually believes these articles himself...

[edit: ah, j2000 brought in more info on the source as well]

[edit on 16/12/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
We have same pixelation "Ancient city" in Mars pictures. Maybe 3d-modelling software error.

Here is Google earth sonar data ("Atlantis") pixelation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fccf00287af.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Great find OP!
I do not necessarily believe this right away as I am not sure about the credibility of the source of this news. But I find so many people here with pre-set notions about ancient civilizations. If it looks too modern to them it cannot be ancient...lol.

So many OOPArts found already yet only very few would consider that there might be an advance civilization in the past.

This remind of the Kurukshetra war in Mahabharata, the description of their weaponry is so advance.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Clearly this is an astounding discovery. Using proprietary software, I was able to enhance a section of the site. (unfortunately I must "guard the location’s coordinates carefully") I was amazed to see a structure with what appeared to be a billboard nearby. Using the above mentioned software, assisted with Heisenberg compensators, the billboard clearly reads "The Krusty Krab." Nearby appear to be several entities, one yellow, one pink and the other appears to be blue. One can only wonder at what advanced technological marvels these beings have to offer.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
This is complete and utter turd.

Look at the white hand mouse cursor, this is completely amateur. Its as if someone used a Google Earth Photo (screen shot), flattened it, used that as flooring texture, took a photo of a sandy shallow sea bed, merged them both and added some "Microsoft" clouds:

Complete nonsense, seems to be that a LOT of news companies see the potential "pay per hit/click" that they can get in ATS. Imagine all that traffic from gullible conspiracy theorist, each clicking on their website URL? The best free marketing and advertising campaign ehh?

All these "all of a sudden the biggest find in history" stories being pushed and force fed all over the internet in order to clog up the researchers who are trying to analyze the Norway Spiral. Massive amounts of disinfo counterintelligence SPAM!

heralddeparis.com = [ 208.109.181.75 ]
Registrant:
Herald de Paris et Cie. Ltd.
Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Creation Date: 01-nov-2008
65 Grant Avenue
United States
United States
4157387811 Fax -- 4157387811
Administrative Contact:
Alexander, Jes editor[AT]parisherald.com

French eh? Paris eh? Resourceful eh? Credible eh?

Not in my books.

This is a hoax.

To the above poster, all that information you typed up I already posted. It is indeed a hoax. Paris News...yet... based in America.

I even got quoted by some other guy stating that I was the (basically) fool for "not" believing its true. After reading all the posts from Page 3 (where I left off before I went to bed), I have come to a decision, everyone agreeing this is true are completely insane. I am researcher yes, so please don't tell me to look into it "thoroughly" like a previous poster did. Its all BS, there is a difference between evidence and complete and utter tripe. Any normal person with a brain can figure out that these photos are EXACTLY what I said in the above quote (the textures etc).

Another thing, every single damn thread I have read in ATS since approx 2003 (because previous to 2003 people actually researched) NOBODY reads the posts. They just read the OP and post their own opinion instead of reading the damn post to find out that information was already provided to debunk the BS.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join