It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar - James Cameron's World Premiere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hate science fiction, I hate fantasy, I fell asleep when my brother made me watch Dune with him one Christmas, and I went into this as a complete and total sceptic. The only reason I went was to witness the technology that I had read about for the creation of this movie... Oh My God... This wasn't just a story, it was everything. It was so far beyond anything I had ever seen I was stunned to say the least. It was so amazing that I had to see it again, and after that, I saw it again. I still hate science fiction and all that Doctor Who type crap but this isn't that... I truly believe that AVATAR is, beyond the shadow of any doubt, the best movie that has ever been made. I don't care if it cost 20 dollars a ticket, you have to see this movie.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Right on Sky! And lets not forget that when james Cameron was a truck driver he went and saw a movie called Star Wars. He left that movie so inspired that he rewrote his own life and became who he is today, and it planted the seed of Avatar.

That can happen to anyone, anyone reading this right now, no matter who you are or what you're doing. There will always be conflict, wars, depravity, and poverty, but in the test of time... Art alone endures.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
That can happen to anyone, anyone reading this right now, no matter who you are or what you're doing. There will always be conflict, wars, depravity, and poverty, but in the test of time... Art alone endures.

I wish I could star and flag that post alone! That is so true.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I think this movie looks terrible. I like James Cameron's movies for the most part but this just looks awful. It's like Roger Rabbit in space.

trust me, i've seen it, its FAR FROM Roger Rabbity "In space"

It was a very good movie.

Im glad ti lived up to the hype.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I still have not seen it but you have to watch it twice, one in normal mode and the other in 3-D but will it have see if the BlueRay version is 3-D enough.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Worldwide, it's said that it's current grosses are over $600 million so far....so I guess that $300 million investment wasn't such a bad idea after all!!! Simply incredible...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I still have not seen the movie but I want to see it in 3-D too meaning having to watch it twice, but have not had the right time with snow and christmas and the New Year to get out of the way. I think it has plenty of other people still waiting to see it anyway, so it could double by the time people get out of the festive period.

Avatar Soars Past $700M Worldwide in 12 Days Source:20th Century Fox December 30, 2009

James Cameron's Avatar grossed another $18.29 million on Tuesday to push its domestic total to an impressive $250.4 million after just 12 days.

The $18.29 million is an increase over last Tuesday's $16.1 million and both numbers trail only The Dark Knight's $20.9 million on the all-time non-opening Tuesday list.

Internationally, the blockbuster has reached $476.2 million as of the 29th for a combined worldwide total of $726.6 million! Percentage-wise, the domestic take is 34.5% and the international take is 65.6% of that massive total.
www.comingsoon.net...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Worldwide, it's said that it's current grosses are over $600 million so far....so I guess that $300 million investment wasn't such a bad idea after all!!! Simply incredible...

And it's only gonna make so much more.

There is the video game, plus all the action figures and other merchandise to come.

This film was amazing, stunningly beautiful, one-of-a-kind movie.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
How does the movie compare to the last Star Wars movie, were the character deep enough, were there enough other worldlyness designs to keep the audiance looking at everything?

Does it remind you of the Aliens movie with some of the characters, I see from the trailers some of them look or behave similar in approach and the whole idea is for the army to make some profit from what they discover like in the Aliens movie.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I actually liked Waterworld. I don't know why people didn't like it.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I actually liked Waterworld. I don't know why people didn't like it.

I loved everything except Kevin Costner. He doesn't have enough Raw energy to pull it off.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Mel Gibson would have been better in Water World, like a modern mad max, but i guess he likes change and braveheart.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just thought i would like to say something about this movie.

Firstly... this movie was nowhere near my favourite movie ever, HOWEVER, i would have to say it was probably my favourite movie experience ever.

Secondly... Ferngully anyone?

[edit on 15/2/2010 by SilentShadow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join