It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it to late to change our ways?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Do you guys think it’s too late to change our ways towards earth. Like with oil now a days. Do you think we will ever turn towards greener ways; Hydrogen fuelled cells, electric cars? Do you think we will ever have a cleaner earth?? Clean streets, not pot holes in roads, crime rate down. Do you think we can change our ways, cause I see no way in hell that we could real change.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Do you guys think it’s too late to change our ways towards earth. Like with oil now a days. Do you think we will ever turn towards greener ways; Hydrogen fuelled cells, electric cars? Do you think we will ever have a cleaner earth?? Clean streets, not pot holes in roads, crime rate down. Do you think we can change our ways, cause I see no way in hell that we could real change.

Will mankind change .. seriously, that would be the Miracle! Can we change? ABSOLUTELY! Cause and Effect says that we will pay for the bad choices we already have made for some time to come, but if we did right by Nature, future generations would eventually see the benefits of mankind taking responsibility for our actions and changing ourselves for the better...

Certainly, we are right now milking the world of its natural resources in excess and that is selfish to not think of those who will pay for it down the road.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

When it becomes profitable, yes. In this life money talks, BS walks. For good or for ill.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, we will change only when we must. People don't care to change now. It won't be too much longer before we realize what mess we've created. By then, it will mostly be too late. Violence has increased seven fold in the last few decades. Testosterone and sperm counts have been halved in the last half century, due to endocrine disruptors and xenoestrogens. People just keep on keeping on.

It's all going to come crashing down sometime. Whether that be next year or next decade, it's going to happen sometime in this century. Apathy is too widespread for any meaningful change. Just try to enjoy what you've got right now. Someday, these modern conveniences will be long gone.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We are changing.

We wouldn't even have these debates if we weren't

Sadly Change and Chaos always go hand in hand...

I expect we will see, the worse before it gets better, but that is no reason to have any dismal feelings, it's just the way things go.

Whatever transpires we WILL come through it better than we are today, we always have and we always will.

Just Sayin

It's always Darkest before the Dawn

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Whatever transpires we WILL come through it better than we are today, we always have and we always will.

Unless we won't! I see no reason to think the human race is invincible. Seeing as ~99% of species on earth are now extinct, who's to say the same can't happen to us? I hope you're right. Truly, I do. Just not so sure of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I honestly think we will at some point. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be around to see it. Nor do I think that we'll do it willingly. Some sort of environmental disaster or catastrophe will force us to change our ways. Too much money and too many resources are involved and people aren't going to give that up willingly. Human nature these days seems to lean toward not doing anything until we absolutely have to.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I think the main problem we have is the american mentaility. GW does not exist, but they need to find a way to make usa part of the whole world.

Gw does not exist, so it is not too late, but a closer world is better.

This conference is just about people at the top screwing all of us over. Now at least the africans are standing upto this rubbish, at least a little.

the elites are just pushing everyone into there position, but others are waking up.

The elites are only in this for control and money as normal.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I honestly think we will at some point. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be around to see it. Nor do I think that we'll do it willingly. Some sort of environmental disaster or catastrophe will force us to change our ways. Too much money and too many resources are involved and people aren't going to give that up willingly. Human nature these days seems to lean toward not doing anything until we absolutely have to.

I agree. Aggressive change happens as an equal and opposite reaction.

I dont think change ever comes from lukewarm efforts. It's never a question of SHOULD we do something as a whole, its a question of do we HAVE to.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Water Fueled Cells and Flying Cars are far cleaner than Hydrogen Fuel Cells and Electric Cars.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well , the damage we've done to Mother Nature already is extraordinary. It's too late to change , and we must start believing that a catasrophy will hit us because of:

Rainforest destruction , Non-regenerating Earth's resource usage , Toxical waste and much more.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by setuxas
Well , the damage we've done to Mother Nature already is extraordinary. It's too late to change , and we must start believing that a catasrophy will hit us because of:

Rainforest destruction , Non-regenerating Earth's resource usage , Toxical waste and much more.

What you guys did not get the memo well thank god I am here to help you out. Basically the only catastrophe is that you guys actually still believe this crap. The jig is up the only damage being done is to your way of thinking. In tens years you bleeding heart progressives will not even be able to reminisce about the old days because you will be to embarrassed. I think you guys should honestly start looking towards the next cause like maybe global cooling. I am truly thank full that you guys are not the brightest crayons in the box because if you were the movement might have actually worked. But to still hold on at this point is kind of sad get a new hobby or a puppy it will help!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Subjective Truth , you are propably one of those sceptics. Do you know what humanity caused? Look at the gulf stream , it moved 1,2 degree south in 6 months , and if it keeps rolling like that the only "Catasropthy" we will know , is the death of milions , maybe bilions.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by setuxas

I guess you don’t believe in your own planet enough. If the population did decrease and we got a little better keeping the earth green, the earth can definitely regenerate itself? It would take a long time, but it will definitely regenerate. There was a documentary I bet half of you saw on here called life without humans, it showed the earth can be like it use to be, in less than 1000 years. And after 10,000 years there would be no remains of humans because all the vegetation.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In my opinion, the answer is NO. Overall, we will not all unite to make earth a safer, cleaner and healthier place to live.

For thousands of years, the earth was clean and overall people were happy despite the rough times in their lives.

In the past what, 100 years, the earth and it's people have been going downhill. The industrial revolution, which was supposed the Help us has in fact been destroying us. Advancements and break throughs in medicine has also contributed to our downfall. Just the other day I read an article that says that CT scans will cause 15,000 deaths. They didnt say 'may' they said 'will'.

People cant handle all the modern tehcnology we have today and these manufacturers just keep throwing more useless stuff in our faces; it will never end.

Money rules, and we are just its' minions.

The only way we can change is if all of the useless crap is taken away. But imagine the mass hysteria if we had to give up our cars and microwaves!!!

Its' so ironic to me, how in ONE century we have managed to cause more damage to this planet than in the thousands of years prior.

As far as people changing, yes, some will and have, or at least they try.

People really don't want to change thought because that would actually require HARD WORK. People are LAZY and they love it that way.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you have read "The Gulf Stream" article on fragile Earth , you would know what will happen. Because of industry , sun's warmth and much more factors the ice caps are melting much faster than we thought. This is giving an effect on the Gulf stream , which is.. Negative. We can't save our AGE , or our known WORLD anymore. We may delay the effects of GS , but it's not possible to stop it. Once the new ice age will begin , most of animal species that are not fit to this kind of climate will be extinct , and people will have to live like in the poles. This date would be delayed few thousands maybe tens of thousand years , but because of humans , it will happen soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think the Earth will ultimately clean itself!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by setuxas
Subjective Truth , you are propably one of those sceptics. Do you know what humanity caused? Look at the gulf stream , it moved 1,2 degree south in 6 months , and if it keeps rolling like that the only "Catasropthy" we will know , is the death of milions , maybe bilions.

I am a sceptic and maybe you should be to is that not how you find the truth. If you buy into the scare tactics they are using you fit into one of two categories either your not that sharp or you stand to make alot of money. If you look at the math it does not add up. The best way to look at things in this F**ked up world we live in is who will make the most money and who will loose the most it is a good way to find the truth.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That documentary wasn't entirely accurate. Plastics don't biodegrade. Period! They've mucked up the environment pretty well. Also, there's thought to be many nukes that have been lost in the bottom of the ocean. Some may go off one day. Either way, the uranium we've dug up, which has a half life of ~4.4 billion years, will continue to mutate this planet. It also didn't consider the GMO's that have been introduced. If we were somehow wiped from the planet tomorrow, gaia would still have quite some troubles to deal with. Would she make it, most certainly for a few billion years, barring a celestial event.

new topics

top topics

join