It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border security guards kill -- literally kill -- a MacBook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Border security guards kill -- literally kill -- a MacBook

www.engadget.com

Young American woman travels over to Jerusalem to meet some friends, see the sights, live the life. Overzealous border security officers ask her a bunch of questions, take issue with her answers, and a few well-placed bullets later she is allowed entry into the country with a somewhat altered MacBook in tow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Please read the full article! It's disgusting! (Great pictures though)
I find it very amazing that the most important issue is not mentioned, the murder of free speech. Because that is the reason the guard "killed" the laptop! She could have used it to collect information on how Israeli soldiers misbehave.

What has the world become?

www.engadget.com

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey there Mr. Nazi Secret Society Avatar guy. The very link you provided says that she left her bag (with the computer in it) unattended. This is a big no-no in Israel. She's lucky that they didn't blow it to smithereens like they ususlaly do with suspicious/unattended packages.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I find it very amazing that the most important issue is not mentioned, the murder of free speech. Because that is the reason the guard "killed" the laptop! She could have used it to collect information on how Israeli soldiers misbehave.

What has the world become?

www.engadget.com

She can still exercise her free speech via cell phone. Her ability to use free speech is probably saved due to the fact that smaller free-speech-enabled items like cell phones are with the passenger.

Unfortunately she forgot to pick up her stuff despite the repeated "unattended luggage will be destroyed" airport warning. Or it just got lost somewhere due to the well known airport luggage-devouring trans-dimensional wormhole... and then found by the unfortunate security guards who watched Die Hard 4 too much.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by SassyCat]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If this really was about a unattended bag, why would he put a 3-round burst into it? LOL Unless that's just how they roll over there in the wild middle east.

At least she'll be compensated!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Perhaps they had just seen Terminator 3 the night before, ... and in over enthusiastic rage saw this as their opportunity to prevent the inevitable " Rise of the Machines"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

normaly i am Anti Israel
but on this the Israeli security guards did her a faver by putting bullets in that Imac.

ok i hate Apple

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, it is a Mac... Appearntly these guards went with Windows 7

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great new conspiracy for everyone

BILL GATES PAYS ISRAELIS TO KILL MAC COMPETITION!

yeah, I see the headlines (and threads) now.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormseeker
Great new conspiracy for everyone

BILL GATES PAYS ISRAELIS TO KILL MAC COMPETITION!

And the funniest thing about that conspiracy theory is that it is just as valid, (if not more valid) than some of the conspiracy theories posted here!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ya know.. killing Free Speech is a bad thing, and I am sorry that she lost her data But -

I greatly applaud the killing of a MacBook -

Long Live The Windows Revolution!

GRIN

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Adds a whole new twist to the mac-pc commercial...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44713ad8e346.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Regenstorm

normaly i am Anti Israel
but on this the Israeli security guards did her a faver by putting bullets in that Imac.

ok i hate Apple

Who doesn't? lol

I think Apple should learn 2 very useful words... "Universal Compatibility".

I actually wish I could do this myself...

If I convert to Judaism and move to Israel, do you think they would let me join up?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
If this really was about a unattended bag, why would he put a 3-round burst into it?

This is how you deal with possible bombs. Shoot some holes in it to see what happens...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Originally posted by muggl3z
If this really was about a unattended bag, why would he put a 3-round burst into it?

This is how you deal with possible bombs. Shoot some holes in it to see what happens...

LOL That was really Funny! If that's why people do it then they are really stupid and deserve to have one blow up on them. Perhaps the gene pool will be better of next time around.

nik1halo, Sure they would let you join.. how do you feel about live circumcision with no pain killers? It's funny but that's how they had to do it themselves when God first told them to do it.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

top topics

join