It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More from Caribbean site .. New detail images just released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

More from Caribbean site .. New detail images just released

www.heralddeparis.com

Submerged city discovered in Caribbean
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-12-2009 by jeffwm]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Why is this story so obscure? It should be on CNN! This article includes eight satellite images of what could be a submerged city. Look at the exact center of the first image. The structure there seems modern in design. Here is the URL.

www.heralddeparis.com...

www.heralddeparis.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-12-2009 by jeffwm]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm not an expert in being able to determine what I'm looking at here other than what the article says, but I really don't see anything "modern" that you are mentioning. It looks like the layout of a city that is ancient. Now it would be nice to get some archeologist down there to do some work to determine at what time period it comes form.

Good find.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow! This is an incredible discovery! Thank you for sharing it, and I can hardly wait to see what amazing artifacts we will find there (I mean with images like those there is no way scientists can pass on the opportunity to dig them up).

Star and flag from me.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by one_enlightened_mind]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Nah, it will wreck the Man/Monkeytheory and they cant allow that..

it will give more credibility to people like Sitching and Pye, Martell etc. They cant have that..

First the Science bit takes a few blows pluss a huge one, and if their theories on human origins gets a blow too, hehehe, well..

I like it, If this is Atlantis, or even a parallel to it, it proves the old ancient tales and also proves the old testemant and that stuff to be true, and not a 'tale' ,this is Huge..

The last two images are different perspectives on the the temple and the statuary shots, respectively

Guarding the location’s coordinates carefully, the project’s leader, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, says the city could be thousands of years old; possibly even pre-dating the ancient Egyptian pyramids, at Giza. Nevertheless, the team claims that these images show that human intervention is responsible for their construction.

I have some Mayan thoughts here also, quatsequtle (Never remember this name) went out to the ocean, what if he went here ??
Exiting find.
First they say the pyramids could be as old as 12000 years old(10.000 BC) and they find a huge Maya pyramid with a huge Genisis story (they think) carved in a stone tablette the size of a footballfield, now this ?

[edit on 15/12/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
impossible to say whether it's modern or ancient with these pictures

I want to see better pictures like NOWWW!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Do we have the technology to set up a dry space on the ocean floor?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What???

what does this thread even exist as a thread for?

Yesterday i added this news to the 'Underwater cities' thread which was old & sorta dormant....
don't know about how this hype from a 'anomymous' discoverer...
about a 'Undisclosed Site', is sen as believeable, especiallay after the images shown on the link page...

!! about the only known thing about this obvious hoax
is where to : Send Donations, to fund the exploration !!

here's the earlier ATS post folks:

posted on 14-12-2009 @ 07:31 single this post

Here's an article & link to whats claimed is a underwater city
in the shallow Carribean.... found 9 Dec 2009

www.heralddeparis.com...

WASHINGTON, DC (Herald de Paris) - EXCLUSIVE - Researchers have revealed the first images from the Caribbean sea floor of what they believe are the archaeological remains of an ancient civilization. Guarding the location’s coordinates carefully, the project’s leader, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, says the city could be thousands of years old; possibly even pre-dating the ancient Egyptian pyramids, at Giza.

The site was found using advanced satellite imagery, and is not in any way associated with the alleged site found by Russian explorers near Cuba in 2001, at a depth of 2300 feet.

“To be seen on satellite, our site is much shallower.” ...

My reply to the content,

There's a slide-show of 6 images on the linked page.

imho, the images are a fluke where the camera got behind a microscope and photo'ed a microchip...

anyhow for any 'debunkers' out there which are alleged to have invaded ATS enmasse'.... here's an item to scourge & debunk relentlessly.
~or not~

Oh Well......

[edit on 15-12-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting but quite vague. The Caribbean is a pretty big place; where exactly is this place located? And what gives with the grainy satellite pics? Can't somebody actually go there and take some pictures underwater?

Sorry for all the questions but I would think that whoever had access to the satellite pictures would have high tailed it to the site to lay some type of claim to the find.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Oh, puhleeeze!

A 'Creationist' tries to come in and ruin perfectly good ruins?? (
)

Sheesh!! Homo Sapiens Sapiens have existed mostly unchanged, in our present form, for at least 100,000 years. More than enough time to have had a few civilzations (possibly) come and go, especially when taking into consideration Global climate changes that are know to have happened, in cycles.

Not any archaeological find that shows Human activity pre-dating known historical records is going to cause any problems whatsoever with Evolutionary fact, and the science of Human descent.

Honestly....ignorance denied.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm sure this is a HOAX.

The only point of contact for the mysterious "research" team is the website/publishers (heralddeparis) phone number.

They claim the images are "satellite imagery". I've never seen an satellite image of the ocean floor that ever looked like these.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
ya i'm sure it's a hoax too

I don't know if anyone ever heard of of the Ramayana, but it's an epic story from india about lord Rama fighitng Ravana.

Lord Rama was in India and Ravana eventually in Sri Lanka and they used a bridge from India to Sri Lanka.

About 5-6 years ago Nasa satellites discovered a bridge deep under water connecting India to Sri Lanka.

The satellite image was way better quality than this

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Gee I dunno. These pictures remind me of a mars civilization thread. That plus essentially a classified add in the paper for funding...I dunno. Also, would there not be stories pertaining to this sunken city throughout the caribbean?
That being said, it's definately exciting. Does this show that water levels used to be much lower in times long ago? or maybe an earthquake? It'll be interesting to see what types of artifacts are found, and their relation to other ancient cultures.
IF.....it's not a hoax.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Looking at google maps of the floor of the Atlantic Ocean, I noticed what looks like a sunken city about 60 miles WNW of Grand Canary Island off the west coast of Africa. I tried to put the link up on another thread, but it wouldn't go up for me.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ChemBreather

Oh, puhleeeze!

A 'Creationist' tries to come in and ruin perfectly good ruins?? (
)

Sheesh!! Homo Sapiens Sapiens have existed mostly unchanged, in our present form, for at least 100,000 years. More than enough time to have had a few civilzations (possibly) come and go, especially when taking into consideration Global climate changes that are know to have happened, in cycles.

Not any archaeological find that shows Human activity pre-dating known historical records is going to cause any problems whatsoever with Evolutionary fact, and the science of Human descent.

Honestly....ignorance denied.

Quoted in full because I fully agree with you.
Well said. We don't need creationist nonsense obfuscating or holding us back.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
nvm!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

nvm!

Ah, OK.

But, I was working on a response. Moot.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by heyo

nvm!

Ah, OK.

But, I was working on a response. Moot.

Lol yeah i figured I should double check. Definately see what you're saying now.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Detail?

Satellite images zoomed to point of absurdity revealing compression artifacts. This is nothing different that the attempts to show cities on the Moon and Mars.

Sure, I'll help fund their diving vacation in the Bahamas. Won't you too?

top topics

join