It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octopus video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hmm not sure if the gray area is the place for this... or even if you have a place for creature antics...

But this video clip made me smile at first and then i found myself saying "Blimey I have had people work for me that couldn't figure that out!"

Anyway... I think he's kinda cool....

*note to mods* Sorry if this is like way off anything ATS allows... feel free to zap it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

An octopus and its coconut-carrying antics have surprised scientists. Underwater footage reveals that the creatures scoop up halved coconut shells before scampering away with them so they can later use them as shelters. Writing in the journal Current Biology, the team says it is the first example of tool use in octopuses. One of the researchers, Dr Julian Finn from Australia's Museum Victoria, told BBC News: "I almost drowned laughing when I saw this the first time." He added: "I could tell it was going to do something, but I didn't expect this - I didn't expect it would pick up the shell and run away with it."

[edit on 15-12-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"I almost drowned laughing when I saw this the first time." He added: "I could tell it was going to do something, but I didn't expect this - I didn't expect it would pick up the shell and run away with it."

lmao . I think this is great info; but that is funny the way it's written.
The guy was obviously underwater at the time when he first saw this; that's what he's referring to.
It just threw me for a loop when I read it.
I doubt very many people have ever said that they "almost drowned laughing" ;much less to say it about an octopus that was about to do something; which in this case is to build a shelter of oyster shells.
It's amazing the octopus did that . So they are making shelters now?
I do think that's awesome info.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I meant coconut shell!
sorry!
I am still laughing!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join