It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did "Special Ops" Become Kidnapping, Drug Dealing, Torture and Political Dirty Tricks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

When Did "Special Ops" Become Kidnapping, Drug Dealing, Torture and Political Dirty Tricks?

blacklistednews.com

What does “Special Ops’ mean? Why would a special operations command, JSOC, be answerable to our Vice President, a mentally unstable draft dodging hack from the oil industry? Why would the CIA outsource its most secret projects to Blackwater, a GOP mercenary group with the worst reputation of any firm the US has ever done business with?
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-12-2009 by enca78]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This ties in with the other posts that i have placed along with many others. The thing is, well other than the obvious ofcourse is this. Do our service men and women know any of this????? No! I can safely say that i know that they dont. Men and women serving their country are simply being used as pawns its as simple as that. The armed forces are carrying out their duties while this is happening the should i say GHOSTS? are busy doing their own missions, to ensure their goal is within sight. If the war was about "helping" the people and getting their country in order then i can think of many ways that doesnt involve weapons. A lad i spoke to was talkin the other day, banging on about, "theyre terrorists, emp`s, suicide bombers etc" Yes they are, but not all of them but if the shoe was on the other foot and they were invading our country would you do the same? Yes we would. We would make it as hard as possible, we all would. The problem is the fact that the war we`re all fighting for and talking about is just a front. If the strategy for the war that "we" believe was to be placed in a box we would find the box empty. All we see and hear is what they want us to see and hear. Its as simple as that. This war is about the people who run the governments no-one else and what they will gain from this. Who was it that funded hitler??? Oh yeah now i remember

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Special Ops missions have been around for much longer than you would think. They have always been known for doing whatever is necessary to get the job done. without a doubt most of it is unsavory, a good portion of it may even be "illegal" by some standards. Yes there have been cases of torture. What really is your point? War by necessity is not a pleasant business to be in. It does however keep you and your freedoms intact. War cannot be won by playing by the rules, hence the coinage of the phrase "unconventional warfare".

Remember in the War For Independence we fought a vastly superior force and won by what at that time was thought to be crude unconventional means. In other words we did not line up 10 feet away from the opposing force and take shots at one another, as was the custom at that time.

Often it is necessary for a little evil to be done to protect the masses from a greater threat. Would it not be more feasible to take out an opposing leader, rather than fight thousands of his troops? Why is targeting an officer used to demoralize troops?

War is simply put one thing. Kill the mostest the quickest with the leastest. Do it any way you can. No one said it was pleasant, it is what it is, a necessary part of survival.

What you must understand is that there are hose so opposed to any ideas that are not theirs that they will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get their point across. Our job is to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep them from doing it.

respectfully

re4luctantpawn

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The question of the OP seems to beg another.

The answer is simple;

Once political legislators and political administrators were given the authority to remove or critically restrict oversight, what was politically expedient became the realm of the political soldiers in the system.

In other words, politics redefined 'Special Ops'.

The military had NOTHING to do with it; except that they never really objected to the change.... why? Because military leadership became politicized....

I liked Ike - he fought against this crap... so did Kennedy.

EDIT to add: Before the industrial revolution it was piracy on the high seas that could be called "Special Ops"... sanctioned by the government - or the EITC

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Maxmars]

new topics

top topics

join