It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugees from Russia, Georgia seize train in Poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Refugees from Russia, Georgia seize train in Poland

www.itar-tass.com

The Wroclaw-Dresden passenger train seized by refugees from Georgia and Russia on Tuesday has been stopped on the Polish-German border, a representative of the Polish Border Service told Itar-Tass.

Policemen and interpreters were sent to negotiate, he said.

“The majority of 200 Georgians, Chechens and Ingushes have no refugee status in Poland and German entry visas. Even if we allow this train to cross the border, German border guards will stop them and send back to Poland,” he said.

There are many women and children amongst the refugees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Refugee-camps, I renamed those places quite some time ago into concentration camps. It seems Poland suffers the same trouble that the US and the rest of Europe also has. Except, Poland isn't as developed as Western Europe. If you could choose between a jail in Holland or Poland, you would pick Holland. So I can imagine that those "concentration camps" are much worse than here in the Netherlands. The Dutch media reports they want to go to Strasbourg to the Human Rights Court.

www.itar-tass.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nu.nl via Google Translate

This Polish media reported.The hijackers want to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg to protest against it to the''deplorable conditions''in Polish reception centers for refugees.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Nonetheless, my heart and prayers are going out to these people, and their actions have brought this up to the world, and this ball shouldn't be dropped. We need to respond in some way here, showing solidarity with the people, grass roots, for the people, not for the structures, the world mismangement team, or any of the poor governing decisions that creates pockets of haves and have nots and deplorable conditions.

There must be something we can do, people to contact. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Nothing happened, please move along!

I wonder why they gave in so fast. Why can't this be found on CNN or BBC?

top topics

join