It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

latest high end video footage of sts-80 ufo's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
funny how [insert name here] wants you to believe that if any Astronaut had information that was a threat to National Security they would just be allowed to go blabbing it to the public.

the next bag of tricks to follow will be the Gordon Cooper argument. Cooper did talk about seeing UFO's and because he did, [insert name again] has launched a campaign to discredit him. that's what happens when Astronauts start talking about REAL sightings.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
Makes you wonder what a particle of dust could do to a space station at 10,000 MPH

This question often comes up, but I think it's a misconception that any of the stuff imaged in the 'shuttle UFO videos' are at high speed. They seem to me to be pieces from the shuttle (or Soyuz, or ISS) itself and have very low relative velocities.

If 'space junk' is the stuff from other space launches, that occasionally threatens to come too close to a shuttle or ISS, requiring an avoidance maneuver with rockets, then this stuff is better called 'space litter' -- junk the shuttle/ISS has itself shed off into space.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
funny how [insert name here] wants you to believe that if any Astronaut had information that was a threat to National Security they would just be allowed to go blabbing it to the public.

the next bag of tricks to follow will be the Gordon Cooper argument. Cooper did talk about seeing UFO's and because he did, [insert name again] has launched a campaign to discredit him. that's what happens when Astronauts start talking about REAL sightings.

Did Cooper see UFOs while in space, for NASA? That's what we're talking about here.

There is a report he saw a UFO on his Mercury flight. You do agree that report is totally bogus, don't you?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Did Cooper see UFOs while in space, for NASA?

do you know for sure what he seen ?

did he reveal everything he knew ?

and why didn't you ever post a checkable source for this Conrad quote you posted ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

did you make it up ?
????

[edit on 16-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hey I understand your frustration with [insert name here] - but do you really think anyone believes what [insert name here] believes?

I would rather you put your energy into the other fantastic information you bring here to ATS, don't be bothered - [insert name here] may not even be aware of their own agenda...

Get back to your own theories and findings, because remember what you have attributed here will be far more beneficial that wasting that time with a close minded, super negative entity that is paid to debunk.

btw - can't find that Letterman interview anywhere - which really wants me to hunt that mofo down now! Still looking!

[edit on 16-12-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My 1997 study of the STS-80 video -- endorsed by crewmembers of the mission, but ignored for more than a decade by UFO promoters -- can be found by googling "STS-80 UFO Oberg" -- let me know if somebody needs the precise URL.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I would rather you put your energy into the other fantastic information

i agree , and thanks for the advice

that Letterman clip is nowhere to be found on the web that i know of. i noticed it got taken off youtube over a year ago and have been waiting to run across it again to get a copy of it but even after all this time , it still hasn't resurfaced. keep looking if you would like because if you found it i would be surprised

add alone, posted a link to Letterman's production company and i will check it out but i think CBS is the one that owns the parent copyright.

i think the clip we are looking for is actually a show that happened right after the interview with Collins took place and because the audience liked it , they invited all three Astronauts to appear on the show. i'm thinking it was the 114 crew because i don't remember seeing any other shuttle jockey's on his show.

reply to post by add alone

thanks add alone , i appreciate you giving us that info and thanks for your witness testimony about seeing the show in question. that makes three of us so far in this thread that remember it

interesting name huh ? worldwide pants !..lol

en.wikipedia.org...

My 1997 study of the STS-80 video -- endorsed by crewmembers of the mission, but ignored for more than a decade by UFO promoters -- can be found by googling "STS-80 UFO Oberg" -- let me know if somebody needs the precise URL.

nobody is ignoring anything silly , we have read the article but there is no proof of anything there and it's mostly just your opinions.

why you didn't post the link is a mystery and kind of ironic because you want people to see it but don't link to it and then cry some people are ignoring it ! it really isn't that difficult to post a link to it , is it ?

here you go Jim i will help you out...

www.hyper.net...
jamesoberg.com

When I asked crewman Story Musgrave, who is not shy about talking about anomalies of any kind, he assured me he saw nothing unusual on the flight, at this point or at any other.

probably a true statement but was he looking out the window during the entire mission ? better yet was he looking out a window when the objects in the Op's video was caught on camera ? i'm not looking outside my window right now so how could i know what's going on out there ? was he operating the camera during the scenes in question ?

you say he watched the video with you or discussed it , and supposedly said there was nothing unusual about any of it and was a common occurrence.

if it's such a common thing , then how come there are no other videos that show something like this ? i don't know about anyone else but i have never seen a shuttle video that shows some debri forming a almost perfect circle and out of just sheer luck the last object just happens to land right smack in the middle and lights up ? what ?

i don't care if you reply back or not but unless you can post some other videos that show a similar activity , then the claim that it's "nothing unusual" is questionable and you haven't debunked anything. at least there is a question mark in the title.

NO i don't know what's in the video and NO i don't believe in little sparkly ufo's so save your insults for somebody else

[edit on 17-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here's the responses from Musgrave and Jones:

To: storymusgrave
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:00 PM
Subject: Oberg's solution to your STS-80 'UFO' video

Dear Story --

…it was great seeing you in Florida, and the Baykonur leg was fantastic…

Here's a piece of 'old business' that I hope we can lay to rest --
the kinds of questions that keep coming up about 'dancing dots' on
PLB videos on night passes (and at sunrise) over the years. One
spectacular sequence was shown to you on a TV program, they
ambushed you without providing context such as illumination conditions
and even crew activities, and you answered graciously and candidly
but were never given the keys to the full explanation (probably their
intent from the beginning).

I wrote up a technical assessment of the video (and of a number of
other famous 'UFO videos') showing they were nearby sunlit debris
looking 'unearthy' (like you'd expect away from Earth). I'm linking to it
below, for your use, and I'd hope you could give me your appraisal
of how close I came to fully explaining it.

Thanks!

Jim Oberg

Generic discussion of why shuttles 'see' what look like 'UFOs'
www.jamesoberg.com...

My report on STS-80
www.realufos.net...

Why it's important in space to watch out for 'UFOs'
today.msnbc.msn.com...

www.realufos.net...

from my home page:

www.jamesoberg.com...
(Sep 22) With Story Musgrave at the Saturn/Shuttle ‘Vertical Assembly Building’ (VAB) at the Kennedy Space Center, Florida

==============

To:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
this is a strange object seen near the Mir Space station. i wonder what it is ?

Russian UFO Video @ Mir Space Station

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
this is a strange object seen near the Mir Space station. i wonder what it is ?

Notice how the standard response to evidence one doesn't want to face is to run away and change the subject?

The notion that the 'circle' of dots on STS-80 video is some sort of signal would have to account for a number of challenging points.

First, it would have to assume that the 'sender' was aware of which camera on the shuttle was transmitting back to Earth -- to be sure the 'message' would be noted.

Second, it would have to account for the remarkable coincidence that the illumination conditions during this orbital phase -- 2 or 3 minutes out of every 90-odd minute orbit -- were such that any random shuttle-generated debris would ALSO be sunlit against a dark background, the brightest they can ever get, and the likeliest they'd ever be to interfere with whatever pattern the sender intended.

Far easier to 'send the message' while in Earth's shadow, where there'd be no ambiguity about the dots being self-illuminated and hence worthy of attention.

But no, it's almost as if the sender WANTED their signal to look like -- well, to look like sunlit space junk.

What kind of message could that be?

As for seeing patterns in random dots and assuming there's some intended meaning there, isn't that what constellations are? And where's the 'intelligence' regarding interpreting THOSE images? All in the mind -- in the human mind. Ditto dancing white random dots of shuttle dandruff, I suggest.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

your scared to answer those questions aren't you ?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to everyone

None of the Astronauts onboard the STS-80 mission seen any of the UFO's in question with their own eyes as it happened and don't REALLY know what they are. no other videos show the same kind of phenomena.

nuff said

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

give up man,you got burnt ...haha!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the best NASA ufo video on youtube

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Why not ask your sources what does Mars sound like if earth sounds like this :

Then again i doubt you could find the sounds given off by mars....oh..wait its a dead planet....oh wait is considered a National Security event. Hmmm....i wonder why

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Any further discussions on STS-80?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Are you kidding me, I am still blowed away at watching the video 2 post above here lol. Seriously, I found it absolutely incredible, some things I got and could be explained away I am sure, but it's the other 90% of the video that blowed me away. I might have to change my name if I watch that dang video another time or two lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Are you kidding me, I am still blowed away at watching the video 2 post above here lol. Seriously, I found it absolutely incredible, some things I got and could be explained away I am sure, but it's the other 90% of the video that blowed me away. I might have to change my name if I watch that dang video another time or two lol.

Totally agree, some obviously can be explained away as ice particles and small bits of debris, but not all of what's shown here. What can't be refuted are the words of the astronauts and these are the bits that i'm interested in ! 'we've had VISITORS again' ? The word to look for here is AGAIN ! WTF !

[edit on 093131p://12America/Chicago18 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Any further discussions on STS-80?

I think the emails you published here made that go quiet, after that the thread reminds me of a crap magician whose distraction tactic consists of pointing and saying "look over there!".

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
What can't be refuted are the words of the astronauts and these are the bits that i'm interested in ! 'we've had VISITORS again' ? The word to look for here is AGAIN ! WTF !

Where are those words documented?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join