It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection VS Imagination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Astral projection is just your imagination, right?

You can't really do that, can you?

I mean, how do you it's real VS just your imagination tricking your mind into thinking it's real?

And please don't come at me with those rediculous matrix-style metaphysical responses like "reality is what you imagine", etc...

But really.. I want to know how you know it's so real. how do you know you aren't just imagining your interpretation of someone else's astral projection and tricking your mind into thinking it's real.

Can someone astral project to where I am and describe something?

I mean, like it doesn't matter if you can prove it to anyone else. If I could astral project, I wouldn't care if anyone else had proof. But I would want to know for myself if it was real, so I know I'm not just imagining things.

So how do you know for yourself that it's real? And don't say some wierd stuff like "I can feel the energy vibe when I leave my body" or some crap.. because your mind is powerful and you can trick yourself into thinking your imagination is real...

anyways.. holla back!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

YOU HAVE 487 ATS POINTS 3 BTS POINTS 3 FLAGS 92 STARS YOU LAST VISITED ATS ON DECEMBER 15TH 2009 YOU STARTED 3 THREADS HAVE 39 REPLIES POSTED 120 TIMES. YOU LIKE WAR CONSPIRACIES AND CLAIM TO BE AN INDIGO ALIEN. YOU LIKE INAPPROPRIATE STUFF AND YOU HAVE ONLY 1 FRIEND HER NAME IS RACHELLE… I HAVE SPOKEN

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

I don't know who Rachelle is but as far as I know I have no friends

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Personally, I believe it's real.

I had an old friend ask me once if I'd had any extremely "vivid" dreams of "flying" around the city. He'd been having them at the time, and wondered if I'd experienced anything similar; so I began to describe a recent dream that fit such description. Long story short... he saw me in "astral form", and reminded me of a part of the "dream" that I'd forgotten.

It's quite a strange experience when you begin describing a "dream" to a friend, and they finish the story for you. Due to that, and a few other experiences, I'm convinced that either astral projection, or telepathy do exist; possibly both.

Not to mention, the U.S. gov invested money into projection programs for far too many years for it not to exist. Had their farseers not brought back results, the program would have been scrapped long before it finally was claimed to have been.

[edit on 12/15/09 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Back on topic, I have no knowledge that astral projections are anything more than a vivid imagination. At one point in time I use to believe they were some sort of reality, but that was when my mind was way, way too open. That wasn't a good thing. Trust me.

It's our subconscious at play, interacting with our conscious self. I see no reason to think otherwise. This site will give you plenty of people claiming that this is real. Beyond all doubt. Listen to why. I think you will find the people who claim this, either do so for a not so reasonable understanding of what they experience, or they're a pathological liar. It seems many on ATS are so insecure, that they find the need to lie constantly. I've noticed this pattern in several members so far.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand
I mean, how do you it's real VS just your imagination tricking your mind into thinking it's real?

You don't, that is where faith comes in. Astral Projection requires 'self' belief, but it is still belief and therefore it is still based upon faith. Whether or not it is a fete of the imagination or not is largely irrelevent unless they are forcing it on you or you are forcing something else on them.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Not to mention, the U.S. gov invested money into projection programs for far too many years for it not to exist. Had their farseers not brought back results, the program would have been scrapped long before it finally was claimed to have been.

[edit on 12/15/09 by redmage]

Yea I think this had more to do with far-sight than astral projection. Being able to see things from another location.

What I'm talking about is people who claim to project themselves into another plane of existance, then zap back into their bodies. If it real, I believe alot can be learned from it, on a personal level.

But alot of the experiences and things I've read about leads me to believe that most of these OBEs are imaginatory. Nothing that can corroborate the validity.

And of course they say it could take months/years to astral project yourself. But hold on... if you imagine something for months/years... of course you might just trick yourself into thinking it's real!

so yea...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't really know too much about this but my mom related an interesting story the other day of when she was younger living at her parents home. It was late at night and she was watching television and saw her sister walk from the hall into the kitchen and out the front door. She ran after her wondering what the hell she was sneaking out for and she wasn't there.

She went back inside to check her room and found her lying in bed. She related this story as a direct result of me telling her about a topic here on ATS about astral projection though I am inclined to believe she may have been sleepy and dreamed it.

For the record my mom beliefs the government is wonderful and doesnt lie, aliens dont exist and the only miracles ever performed were by Jesus so it was a strange memory for her to recall. Make of it what you will.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

So how do you suppose space aliens astral project?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Many cases of what some call astral projections, I believe, is actually something else. Most likely some sort of vivid imagination or dream.

However, I do believe that genuine OBE's do occur. Some by accident, some by choice and yet many more (perhaps by most of us) unconsciously.

The problem is that the actual experience is very weird, or strange indeed. In popular myth many believe that the experience is like being invisible and being able to fly around at will and pass through walls and objects. The way we think that ghosts do. Real OBE's are like that, but they are experienced very differently. Outside your body you do not have senses, in the physical "sense".

You don't have eyes to see with, nor do you have ears or a sense of smell or touch. This are physical qualities, and they are left "behind" in the body.
It is very difficult to "translate" the astral senses into something that "makes sense" in a physical understanding of the word.

To give an example: I once read about a man who was born blind, but he regained his vision as an adult after an operation. He could suddenly see, but he had a very hard time making sense of what he saw. The process of seeing is more than "meets the eye" so to speak. To be able to see also requires the brain to have learned how to do it. This man could never understand why a cow that looked tiny appeared tiny because it was far away and not just a few centimetres big and right in front of him. He knew it by logic, of course but he couldn't "see" it. Perspective, and the math in the brain behind it, was absent and lost to him.

How strange don't you think the astral senses are? And by the way, what are they? How does one perceive the world (or the part of reality one is in) when you are truly "outside of yourself"?

This is why it is very difficult to get good confirmations of having been places in the astral body. To many, it's just to difficult to understand what and where what took place...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I won't go into details, since that is only for close friends, but I've had astral projections and a couple of them proved to be real, by seing things I wasn't supposed to see because of distance. Afterwards I just called a friend of mine, who I saw in a supposed projection, and talk to him about what he was doing a minute ago.

This proved to me that that phenomena is real, either by myself being in a distant location, or my brain somehow having knowledge of something in a remote location. Either way - it exists IMO.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
How do you explain people who astral project in groups?

People who read a note somewhere else in astral form then come to find out it was actually there?

Astral projection is just a higher dimension more limitless then this physical one.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A good argument is that Astral Projection does exist within the realm of your subconscious. The then becomes, what is your subconscious? In order to really explain that question we would need time and I dont think ATS folks appreciate too many super long posts. Many, many intelligent people theorize that the subconscious realm is where all psychic activity takes places. There are many reasons to believe that and the hole gets extremely deep. This is the basis of all religion and occult ideas. What is reality? Do we all share a degree of our consciousness? Many studies have gone to suggest that yes, indeed, we are connected somehow. Again, this gets deeper and deeper...

The realms that you are able to visit when phasing or astral projecting are the realms in which all the crazy mental phenomena you hear about takes place...When someone is acting as a medium or summoning or having precognitions or remote viewing or any of it, these people are not necessarily astral projecting. An experienced astral projector may be capable of demonstrating all of these phenomena.

Lets use remote viewing. No one can deny its history. Tons of money has been poured in to it for a long period of time. Many, many concrete results have been demonstrated by remote viewers. Unfortunately I can not recall the persons name but if you watch some of the original videos interviewing the 'old timers' they talk about this person. Any way, very early on there was a man that demonstrated repeatedly, that he could not only view, but read documents sitting on a desk on the other side of the world. These were controlled demonstrations.

I could go on for ever explaining the theories of how it works or explaining past examples but really when it comes down to it, the only way you can know is to experience it, for the only truth is experience.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Read my first hand account years ago.

And form your own opinion. You must experience it first hand or else your just trying to imagine what it will be like. Mine happened involuntary the first time, but after that I projected many times and still do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
All I can say is Astral Projection or OBEs - - - are not even close to what imagination is.

Those who have had them know the difference.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Imagination is a skill everyone has, astral projection is a skill most people have to learn if they want to know what it is.

For example, it takes virtually no energy to go off in your imagination, to day dream, to make things up. However astral projection requires energy work, lots of focus, willpower, determination, persistence. It requires you to strengthen the energetic bodies of your being, if you will, and then move those energies out of your physical body while remaining fully conscious.

Even then once you succeed, you typically find that your senses are all messed up, you need to learn how to use them, how to walk, talk, etc... Furthermore at first it is hard to remain out of the body for long durations, or to go far from the body, but as you progress you can stay out longer and go further.

There is also the fact that you can stop imagination at any time, whereas stopping astral travel often has to be learned. You learn how to command yourself to return to your body, you learn that it often takes a few moments to settle in completely. The feeling of coming back from a projection is far different than from a dream. Furthermore if you astral project to certain spiritual planes and such, you can charge your body with energy, heal yourself, etc... Things which clearly linger well after you wake up. On the contrary, if you happen to engage in some kind of battle on the astral plane as some of us must do from time to time, you wake up feeling drained and lethargic, sometimes even fall ill from the amount of energy you have to use. Something that is also not as common with dreams.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Consciously separating from my physical vehicle for the first time totally shifted my perspective on everything. It was my most important act in terms of my spiritual growth. I would say it opened my eyes to the limitless possibilities of creation. I was skeptical and I proved myself wrong. Once you open your eyes to the possibility of astral projecting and you can face the fear of the unknown, you will have taken great steps toward finding the answers you are looking for. The mind is your greatest enemy. Work against it to achieve success. For those of you that think this requires too much practice and discipline, I will tell you that it is possible otherwise. If I pulled it off I think a lot of people can also. It took me around thirty attempts to AP for the first time.

My advice:
Do some research.
Learn a technique or 2.
Accept that anything is possible.
Go for it and leave the past behind.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What do you mean by battling in the astral plane Seventhdoor? Never heard anything like that and it sounds incredibly creepy. =|

new topics

top topics

join