It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh Iranian protests - Yep, they're still going!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
These guys are incredible. After 7 months, street beatings, hundreds of arrests, show trials, execution and harassment, the Iranian youth are still prepared to go out and protest against what they consider to be an illegitimate and brutal leadership.

I find it heart warming and a testament to the endurance of the human spirit that they haven't given up, in fact the opposite seems to be the case.

YouTube footage of the most recent demonstrations, held today, are below:

More here.

And an extremely good documentary recently aired on BBC 2 is still available on iPlayer for UK visitors, following the elections and protests that led to Neda's death. It can also be found on YouTube in six parts. I highly recommend watching it, the bravery of the people telling their story is humbling to say the least.

What I also find both tragic, funny, and disturbing, is the lengths the Iranian government will go to to pretend to the world that nothing is amiss. Even to the extent of broadcasting a football match in black and white to hide the green colours in the crowd.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
More fresh protests from today at Qom university:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Wow i guess they are still pissed at having there vote taken more respect to them man it's good to see that at least they can protest under the regimes nose and not get killed for it .... i hope.

join