It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Strange Lights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ok guys, I am looking for anyone else having 'strange' experiences that can not be readily explained..
Over the course of what is now about 5 months or so, both my partner and myself have been experiencing a very bright light, (a single fast flashing) during daylight, and it is NOT a reflection from something outside (i.e car mirrors), and did not come from inside the house..
Each time He and I will be doing something around the house, like standing and talking or painting or cleaning, and out of no where theres an extremely bright flash through the window, very very quick, the times its happened we both stopped and looked at each other with a 'did you see that' kind of expression, going outside there is nothing obvious to have caused such a bright light..the best i can describe it is like the flash of a camera only extremely larger and brighter..the only sound that comes with it, and only once or twice that i can recall, was an electric air cracking sound (and no it wasnt lightening either).. so I am really just wondering if anyone else here at ATS has had an similiar experences or anything else taking place 'out of the ordinary'? or any ease explinations for this?
Would be great to hear from people on this! will check the post and reply asap.

Many thanks in advanced

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Full_Vision]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experiences and observations, Full_Vision.

It took courage.

Many people have reported the electrically-charged air they sense during encounters.

Please keep us updated. Hopefully more people will come forward with their own experiences.

Stay strong!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

It could be any number of mundane things. Try ruling all of those out before leaping to the "encounters" explanation, otherwise you'll never know for sure, as no one has ever demonstrated an "encounter" to be real so far.

Try setting up a camcorder pointing towards the source and see what it gets.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That's crazy.

That happened to me last night.

No cameras anywhere, no lightning.

No source.

Just really large flashes of lights.

I think it's an eye thing, maybe get your eyes checked out.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If they're both seeing it, it wouldn't be an "eye thing".

You say it happens during the day. Are you SURE it isn't sunlight bouncing off of a car window driving by or something? I agree that you need to be sure that it isn't something normal occurring. I'm not saying you're jumping to conclusions, but a lot of people do. We all want to believe something strange is happening to us, and a lot of people want it so badly that they'll convince themselves that something normal is something strange.

That being said, I THINK I've seen a couple of bright flashes over the last few weeks. But I can't be sure that it wasn't my eyes, because I was the only one that saw it. And I'm not even sure I saw it, the more I think about it. I think it happened at night, though. I have solid curtains on all windows and haven't opened them in a long time. It seems like there was a flash. But I'm thinking it might have been eye strain.

I agree with the person who says you should set up a camera. If you've got one, it's a great idea. Especially if it's happening fairly often.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow, very sorry for not replying sooner, didnt see there were posts here
many thanks for the replies..
As far as my husband and i both, the first thing we did after seeing it and the whole 'did you see it too'? face was look for common reasons.. as it was during the day the first thought was reflections from windows, cars or whatever..even looking for google camera planes or hellicopters..no sound, nothing else at the time and place to have caused it, hence i found it pretty curious..it wasnt a natural light source, that we both can say without doubt. No, i wasnt referring to or speculating it had anything to do with UFOs, or encounters like that, i have no idea and am trying to get some of them
It may or may not be connected but over the past 3-4 weeks or so now we have both been experiencing time.. lapses.. shifts.. whatever they can be called.. again, no outward reason for them, ie no drugs no drinks, neither of us fell asleep.. it would just be, for example 11am.. then we do normal things for a daily routine, knowing the usual time it takes to do them, then the next time either of us check the clock it will be hours ahead.. the first night it happened we were watching a film we know the length of, started the film at about 10:00 and without pausing it or stopping for any periods of time, it finished at 2am... its most likely nothing.. but it may tie in together somehow.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JenRecluse
I'm not saying you're jumping to conclusions, but a lot of people do. We all want to believe something strange is happening to us, and a lot of people want it so badly that they'll convince themselves that something normal is something strange.

Oh yes! i know the kinds of people you mean i think lol..i generally ork a bit opposite to that, strange things never actually happen to me, and i am perfectly happy with that.. lol

As for setting up a camera, its a good idea, the only problem is its randomness in happening, there doesnt seem to a specific time of day or pattern i can discern right now, but will see if one does develope... a cam would be great as the flash is so fast i would like to capture it to slow it down and perhaps work on a source from there.. if it does happen that i catch this rogue light, i will absolutely share it

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That'd be awesome if you could capture it and share it.

When you notice it, do you notice if you're in any particular location in your house? Is it bright enough that you don't need to be right next to a window? Do you notice if it's happening when you're on one particular side of your house?

That's pretty interesting about the time lapses and stuff. I don't have any experience with any of this stuff, but maybe you guys should start writing things down in a journal or something and wearing a watch and checking the time often, especially when you're going to watch a movie and then again when it ends and see if that is happening more than you notice. Because that's weird. Was it a dvd? Did you fall asleep while watching? I'm only asking, because some dvd's will start the movie again after a while after it has ended.

Do you already write these things in a journal in order to look for patterns? The time lapse thing and the flashing? With dates, times, locations (room, which side of house), and details to help show time lapse when those happen (like how you mentioned the movie, which is a specific length of time, and wasn't 4 hours long)..

Good luck with all of this. Let us know if anything else happens.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JenRecluse

I absolutely will give more info on this if anything new comes to light.. I regularly keep a journal, and have written the occassions down in it along with dates and also moon phases (a habit of mine) but will be more focused on doing so when /if another event takes place..

As for the movie time shift thing, we were watching The PeaceKeeper Wars, about 2 hours long or so.. and neither of us fell asleep during watching it, (that either of us noticed mind you)! it was a copied dvd so at the end of it it just goes black until the programme is turned off..i do feel like i am over looking something, missing some element of both of these happenings but i cant yet come up with what that might be.. aggrivating to say the least lol.. My husband and i have talked a great deal about both to try and fine at least a theory on what is taking place... so far not much has come to the surface..

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hi there-i have experienced something similar to what you describe,although It has been in my car,sometimes with witnesses.

It has happened at times when the weather is good,little to no cloud,and is sort of like a single flash of sheet lightning.
By that I mean there is no percievable point to the flash,rather it just blankets the entire sky,for a fraction of a second.

I have put it down to a static discharge in the lower atmosphere after discussing it with my Bro,one of the witnesses I mentioned.

This site seems to back up the therory:

You can get struck by lightning under a clear blue sky, by a thunderstorm twenty miles away!

www.stormwarn.com...

I must admit I was glad to have witnesses,because the first couple of times I was alone,and had no one else to verify what happened,or if my brain was overheating or something

Strange thing is I have only ever experienced these flashes on a particular section of road,a mile or two from my house.
Apparently there is a Ley Line pretty much parallel to that road it turns out!

And its not that I only drive on that road either,I often travel pretty far and wide,yet have only experienced these flashes on that one road...

You have any Ley Lines near to you by any chance?
Could be worth checking out.
They are linked to the "earth lights" idea I think.
You should make a note of when they happen,then you may be able to suss out a good time to go outside,and witness one in the garden,see if its similar to what I have seen.

I am in N E Wales BTW,near Wrexham-where are you?

This site has a bit on Ley lines,with this map,showing a kind of "main arteries" diagram of Europe.

www.nasca.org.uk...

www.stonesofwonder.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Nothing again utill Friday afternoon- Myself and my partner were about 15-20 miles apart and we both lost about 2 1/2 hours from about 2pm here taking us to about 4 30pm.. seemingly no one around us at the time noticed anything though.. so thats about all the updates lately, thankfully everythings been quiet otherwise!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Many thanks for that info! i will go through the links asap

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
Nothing again utill Friday afternoon- Myself and my partner were about 15-20 miles apart and we both lost about 2 1/2 hours from about 2pm here taking us to about 4 30pm.. seemingly no one around us at the time noticed anything though.. so thats about all the updates lately, thankfully everythings been quiet otherwise!

Wow,so you are getting missing time gaps as well,hmm thats a different story to my lightning explanations.
Get a magnetic field detector,and leave it running/recording so you could check out any distubances/anomalies during the missing time episodes.
And maybe hang out somewhere very public,so that you get some witness feedback.
Get some folks to film you for a while maybe.
I should mention this thread to Evasius,our resident timewave techninian.He could have some ideas and insight i expect.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That happens to me alot.
Sometimes during day, sometimes night. At my old house, around the time I started having other strange experiances. It would happen almost every night. I was always home alone too so that didn't help.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Are the lights bluish and almost like somebody is flashing a bright blue LED in your peripheral vision? A random pinpoint out of nowhere in nearby space that makes you go "what the heck?" I've experienced those. And on rare occasions when outdoors at night I percieve what is like a camera flash. I don't have any missing time that I'm aware of either. Seems harmless other than being slightly distracting, so I don't really sweat it. If that's the case, then it's good to know I'm not alone in this.

I figure it's either something that's going on in my head with a misfiring neuron here and there (that seems most plausible, since my health isn't the best) or a more far-fetched explanation may be something of quantum cameras like what is explained in Arthur C. Clark's The Light of Other Days. Of course that's fiction, yet it's a good read if you haven't been to the library in a while. Still if such a phenomena like that were possible, what the heck role in history would I have that would be interesting enough to use small wormholes for this kind of observation?

Of course if such flashes of light are real, then a sensitive enough camera should be able to pick up the phenomena. I figure an off-the-shelf camera with a low light capable CCD should be capable of detecting such a thing. The catch is that you have to be willing to put yourself on camera all day long enough to record it happening.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Nothing is random! Everything happens for a reason...Satan and his fallen angels has control over the space/abyss/heavens and earth until God decides. THESE are the 'aliens'. They are demons.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok, i havent written in this thread in awhile (i no longer use the full_vision account and am now on this one perminately) All has been quiet for a few months with nothing noticeably out of the usual, so nothing note worthy to post on this one.. up until the past couple of days now. So i wanted to add it here for those who i knew were following this post awhile ago..
My partner works about 20 minutes away from the house, 15 minutes if he really is hurrying..the other day he left for work at the normal time in the morning, and called me later that morning to explain he somehow, not exceeding the speed limit at all, managed to get to work in 6 minutes. My partner as i may have mentioned before, is very level headed and he is open minded to an extent, but he doesnt just make things up, its not his nature thankfully. He said he had no memory of blacking out, feeling strange or anything else at the time this happened, just that more than 3 different clocks confirmed he some how made the 15-20 minute journey in 6 minutes. It isnt possible.
The random light flashes i mentioned initially here also hadnt happened in a few months up until last night, i was at a friend/neighbors house yesterday evening, sitting and talking over cigarettes and coffee for awhile, though it was just getting dark the rooms overhead light was off and not turned on when i got there..awhile into the visit, the man of the couple and i stopped what we were saying and looked up at the light, again, the flash was so bright and fast that it was a 'what the hell' kind of thought..our initial idea was that the light had blown, but as i said it was off and when turned on, it worked fine..it seemed more so to have come from outside of the house through the front bay window again, and again i recall hearing the very slight electrical-like sound briefly..the women of the couple thought he and i were stoned lol, she didnt see anything at all.. but he and i both caught it for a split second.. i then explained to him about the previous events of the same thing at our house.
Small time lapses have also started again..nothing major though, its more minutes missing than before when it was hours missing. (and just to clear it in case its mentioned- i wasnt on heavy or hard drugs during any of these incidents, and i had not been drinking, so the time loss isnt to do with either of those, or a mental illness of any kind, if it were just myself experiencing this, then it would be different, but others are noticing the happenings at the same time i am)
Just wanted to update this a bit for anyone interested

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zsaqulz78th

if it was at night could it have been heat lightning?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
the first time we had this happen actually that was our first guess as heat lightening doesnt usually have any thunder with it (not sure if thats scientifically true though) but there werent any other flashes before or after, and neither in the two times it happened since then..that and it was more..artifical...not a natural light, (we first also thought that it might have been a reflection from a car or window or some other surface, but there was nothing to have caused that intensity of light)..

new topics

top topics

join