It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of our taxes go strictly towarda improving clean alternative energies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't know too much about taxes. All I know is that a large sum of money is taken from my paycheck every week. I want to know if any percent of this tax goes towards producing wind turbines, solar panels etc. And if not... Why?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In various ways some of the money makes its way there. Either through research grants or through a lessened tax burden for individuals and companies who would install a certain percentage of "green" energy sources into their grid.

Of course, this all assumes there is no corruption on either the end of the government creating the incentive or the individual(s) taking advantage of said incentive and that the system works with some measure of efficiency. Having dealt numerous times with local state and federal programs from rebates to tax breaks for solar panels and turbines etc.. for myself and others I can honestly say there is no efficiency and corruption is rampant.

Your money is taken every week and nothing good comes of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Every cent of the "Income TAX" that is collected goes to only one thing.

Paying off the interest on the debt.

Not one cent goes to "building bridges and roads and such" as people have been led to believe.

If we took the budget of the Pentagon for one year, we could feed the entire world or wipe out many problems in this country.

But it will never happen because I am not the one controlling the country's checkbook...

peas

join