It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do media manipulated children go to hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
From a Christian viewpoint, do children who are manipulated by media go to hell? I am so sorry for the children still developing who are almost forced to listen to (yes the songs are playing wherever you go on pop stations that repeat the songs over and over until you remember every word.) songs such as Britney spears' new "123" where she states that "living in sin" is the new in thing and we should all have threesomes.
Refer to original question

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
From a Christian viewpoint...yes, considering even unbaptized children go to hell.

From a logical, rational, realistic viewpoint...no, because hell is fake, just like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
NO! What differnace is it then 45 year old men who kill people trying to rob a liquor store? Or a illegal immigrants that rape the elderly? How dare you try to state that alot of people curcimstances are out of their controll!!!!! God knows everything and he made everythign perfect and its all their fault for not killing themselves if they were gonna live a hard life.

Everything is linked back to our of paths through causality that shape our personalitys... but i dont want to go and ruin the good time all of the pathetic self-serving losers who think that buy saying hail mary three times their soul will be saved.

HAHAHAH GOD FORBID THEY HAVE KNOWLEDGE BEYOND THEMSELVES!!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

I'm not sure why listening to a song would cause anyone to go to hell. Even if we assumed that adultery, for instance, caused someone to go to hell, surely there's a big difference between listening to someone sing about adultery and actually committing adultery.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Christ said: 'Let the little children come unto me...'
I take His word over anyone else's any day.
Until a child is 12, baptized or not, I truly believe God is the Holy Father of the child, if the parents fail in their parenting duties.

I cannot ever and will not ever believe, no matter what scripture is thrown at me or what bible *know-it-all* says so - I will never ever, I reiterate ever believe children of God go to hell.
Christ wouldn't let it happen.
Period.

As an adult, once you're an adult and able to make decisions as an adult, then, that's between the person and God - It's their heart that will be judged, and again, that's between God and them.

Getting back to your original question, that being; Does the Media manipulate children to go to hell?

IMO the media does all it can to strip children of any sense of responsibility, self worth, morals, etc.

It makes them more malleable, gullible.

It makes them want that toy, that *Thing*, in order to find happiness.

If a child is allowed to have happiness that is not consumer based, they no longer are a viable consumer.

I believe the media will go to any length to prevent a child from finding happiness outside the new version of X-Box, or whatever the *must have* toy of the moment is.

peace

[edit on 15-12-2009 by silo13]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I knew somebody would refer to free will. Good answer.
I do believe media has it's effects on young minds, and old minds alike. But you should be able to descipher right from wrong on a personal level.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hell doesn't exist, its just a fairy tale to make you believe the Church, after all nobody like being burned by fire do they?, its painful , very painful and the Church played on that to bring people in.
Fear is what Church and religeons in general want to spread to keep people under their control. no people equals no funds and no adoration and that equals no control.
If there IS a God and he's/ she's / it's merciful or loving then he'd /she'd/ it would prefer someone who loves , respects and helps others not hurt, harm or kill in his/her/ it's name.
God in whatever form I think would probably try to explain our actions to us when we die whether good or bad, and then either give us another turn at living in this plane ( if we haven't done well enough) or let us pass onto the next one ( if we HAVE done well enough) which is after all what religeon teaches us will happen when die a 'good person'?.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by polychronopolis
From a Christian viewpoint...yes, considering even unbaptized children go to hell.

From a logical, rational, realistic viewpoint...no, because hell is fake, just like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

I guess you have no concept of Christianity then... and yes, I know you're baiting...

To OP - short version - the only thing that will guarantee one a trip to hell is denying the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree. Jesus said it is only people who are like children that will attain heaven. So if you are LIKE a child and you get into heaven, then BEING one is probably just as good.
Kids might do wrong, but they don't intend to. Op I think the kids are safe.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Then it would be safe to say God does not "deny ignorance" so to speak?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
From an xian point of view, what sort of monstrous psychopath would throw a child into a raging inferno for ANY reason? Why your god of course.

I am an atheist. I do not believe in imaginary gods or mythical places like heaven and hell. However it begs the question why this doesn't throw up a big red flag for those who do believe. You have brains. If your reasoning faculties are not impaired, please use them.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Lilitu]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Children baptized or not and depending on how young they are upon their death do not go to Hell as they were not knowledgeable enough to have made a negative choice that caused them to commit a sin.

Meaning, if you cannot or do not clearly know the difference between right and wrong you legally cannot be held accountable for your actions the same applies for religion. A 18 yr old has a considerably higher likelyhood of being sent to Hell for 1,000 years then a 3 yr old whose life is just begining.

The minor in cases where they die younger then say, age 4 they are typically reassigned to complete their course.

Baptized kids by no definition of the term grants any particular segment of our populous any favouritism with any higher spiritual order regardless of the faith over any person not baptized. The particular holy faith in this case must recognize parental rights even in cases where the parents do not wish to teach their children the faith. This ruling applies across the spectrum of the full gauntlet of all 2,500 recognized and acknowledged religions on the planet. Just like how there is only 1 God and no such thing as a supreme religion.

Those that do not know any better who happen to be weaker then another is not to be issued a worse fate then say someone who is smart enough to see through the facade and know not to play into it. The enlightened ones are those chosen to watch out for others and to make sure that the weaker ones aren't taken advantage of or are manipulated by any external entity. This is one of the most crucial points as this particular aspect prohibits us from losing what makes us human. Give a voice to the voiceless, give sight to those who can't see, be ears for someone in cases where they can't hear too good, be a brain for those who aren't as smart as you.

Personally in regards to the original q over a minor going to Hell over being manipulated by a corporatist system a I found the q to be a little disturbing.
If you do not wish to run the risk of it from happening turn off the tv or put on a movie. Shut down the machine now as one thing most don't realize is that the manipulation and indoctrination begins at birth.

It is my belief that all persons in Hell will eventually get to Heaven, it will just take some much, much longer then others. God does forgive all but punishments must still be carried out regardless of how we feel about a particular person as in the end we are all God's children and as we are all called home the chain will link once again.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

join