It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Want to Stop Terrorism, Stop Killing Muslims!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

"they didn't just start blowing themselves up out of nowhere. there had to be a cause"

Actually I'm here in Iraq and that is exactly what they are doing and expecting American Forces to protect from their own "peaceful brothers"

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pujols5
Exactly, why would iraq want to get involved ina war with the u.s, just so they can lose about a million lives. No, didn't think so. this war is being forced down by the u.s, but the end for the u.s is very near. As a posted earlier posted osama said his plan is to bankrupt america. And guess what his plan worked.

If you are under the impression that the US president is all powerful then... maybe you should rethink that.

Further, understand that Iraq is not alone. They are part of the OIC (57 Islamic Republics) where Saudi makes decisions. Thus Saudi allowed the US to have operations in Iraq. There is no way we would be allowed on holy soil without their permission.

This is probably much deeper than you have considered. Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
reply to post by ugie1028

"they didn't just start blowing themselves up out of nowhere. there had to be a cause"

Actually I'm here in Iraq and that is exactly what they are doing and expecting American Forces to protect from their own "peaceful brothers"

Some Americans can't understand that Islam is the way it is because they just aren't educated about Islam. When that happens they consider that "thing" (Islam) a victim. This is normal thought pattern, and quite unfortunate.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Religion is a joke. I believe in God but couldnt give too hoots what it says in the Koran or Bible. These are outdated scriptures that are used to control and oppress people. I hate these stupid "my gods better than your god" arguements, at the end of the day, in my opinion, your all as foolish as oneanother. Although I do agree with some saying that islam is the more intolerable of the two. Im not religious so stand quite neutral on the topic but it is fairly clear that Islam doesnt tolerate other viewpoints or religions whether it be in peace or war. Everything from the status of women, gays, other faiths and even free speech and choice are crushed under islams ridiculous obsession with an outdated book. For those who wish to argue the point, ask yourselves this:

How many churches, open homosexuals, womens rights or unrestricted foreign communities do you see in muslim countries? Your book may teach peace but only if you are a fellow straight male muslim, all others must die or be oppressed apparently. I have absolutely nothing against muslim people who wish to peacefully follow their religion and live with others but such muslims seem to be a dying breed nowadays

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

It's just not cool to read the Word of God anymore, huh?

You believe in God but reject His Word. I wonder if that is what Jesus refers to when He speaks of the people who are neither cold not hot, but lukewarm. He said he would rather us be cold than lukewarm.

I don't direct this at you specifically, I read this same wishy washy stuff everyday from people.

The Bible especially the NT has the most beautiful teachings of all time. Give it a try sometime.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My problem isnt with the bible. I've read it. It does teach relevant lessons and I agree that it can be useful and comforting for some people. But when people start fighting eachother over what a book says, that is where I draw the line. You dont have to read these things to be a good human being and sometimes the moral messages these books give make people lose sight of humanity and create an in-group/out-group attitude which leads to violence because the other peoples book is "wrong". I believe in god but I dont believe he wrote a book. I dont believe he laid down ground rules and commandments and flooded the earth or created the universe in a day while smoking a fag and making a sandwich. It just doesnt make sense. My reason for believing in god, is as Einstein once said. If you walk into a room and there is a perfectly working watch on the floor, then there is surely a watch maker. Physics, biology, chemistry and the world in general, fits together too perfectly for there to be no creator. But I dont believe in the creator that is portrayed in the worlds religions, I simply dont know what the creator is, I just think he/she/it is there. And lets face it, you dont know either.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Actually I do know.

Do you really believe that so many people worship and love God and His Son Jesus, just because we read it in a book?

I believe all the miracles the Bible documents, not only because I read it, but I believe it is from a conviction, some kind of faith "powershot" that was given me by the Holy Ghost when I sincerely asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. I have experienced things in the physical realm. I could no more deny the miracles of the Bible and the ministry of Jesus than I could deny that the sky is blue. I believe that this spiritual power is available to anyone that asks. Jesus said knock and the door shall be opened.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why do people always compare Christianity to Islam? They are totally different and that argument is irrelevant.
Christians aren't blowing up $hit. Christians aren't protesting cartoons of Mohammed and beheading people. Christians aren't forbidding mosques and freedom. History of Christianity shows advances whereas Islam does not. Islam is government of 57 OIC countries with Sharia Law.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well there is a lot of prejudice against Islam mainly cause most of them are Muslim. However, it doesn't help that one of their aims is to convert as many people. Around four years ago when I was playing...*cough* Runescape, I was basically told to convert from my religion to theirs. Anyway, I just think maybe some should respect other people's religion. But nearly all do so that's fine.

But just in curiosity - did terrorism occur because we killed Muslims? Was that the reason why? Cause I don't see how stop killing Muslims will help to stop terrorism is some of them believe that they're doing it for Allah. [I genuinely don't understand.]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Originally posted by boniknik
They weren't in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Palestine or Iran, but it is the US support for the atrocities committed by Israel against the Palestinian that led to 9/11. If the US will continue to support Israel, expect another 9/11.

Wow, that sounds like a threat. Are you threatening us?
Your concept of fard ayn isn't accepted and we do not tolerate your threats.

Even a 5 year old will understand that in no way shape or form that I am threatening you or the US. Your reply however can be considered a threat.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

My whole families Christian and I think it is a great, peaceful religion. I agree with a lot of the teachings (the moral lessons are still applicable in todays society) but there are way too many holes in the story and lack of a solid arguement. I dont mean to attack your religion, I think its a great thing, but I like the debate on the topic, its interesting. The main things that put me off religion, is that they constantly contradict themselves and Im a logical person. Religion doesnt do logic. Like you said, "it must be true because so many people believe in it", but no matter which religion you are in, at least 70% of the world believe in something else. What makes you think that you are correct and the majority wrong. We should start a new thread. "The ultimate conspiracy theory: Religion". That would provoke some interesting debate.

In response to the others, I wasnt comparing Islam to Christianity. I believe as I have said, that Islam Extremism is the route of the problems in the world regarding religious conflict. They fight jews, hindus, christians and buddists as well as non-believers and then portray themselves as being the victim.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I was basically told to convert from my religion to theirs. Anyway, I just think maybe some should respect other people's religion. But nearly all do so that's fine.

It's against Islam to respect non-muslims. Non-muslims are inferior and not on the right path and are pigs and dogs. just sayin.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

I was an RS classic player and played the game for 6 players until Jagex killed Wildy/RS. My character is still there but it is incorrect of you to say in RS you were asked to convert to Islamic religion. That is a blatant lie, no matter I hate Jagex for killing the game but a lie is a lie. It's different a anonymous user playing may have said that to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I didn't mean that it is true because so many people believe in it, I was trying to make the point that people don't believe in it just because of the Bible. Of course the Bible was essential, but I could read a book about lots of things, does not make me believe it. It is a conviction of the heart, a change, that happens thru the Holy Ghost. If you don't have it, I can't explain it.

I think even you can appreciate the words of this song, if I may be so bold:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by BlackPoison94

I was an RS classic player and played the game for 6 players until Jagex killed Wildy/RS. My character is still there but it is incorrect of you to say in RS you were asked to convert to Islamic religion. That is a blatant lie, no matter I hate Jagex for killing the game but a lie is a lie. It's different a anonymous user playing may have said that to you.

I'm not saying that Jagex or anyone did but yeah I can't remember exactly, since I was way underage to play it - erm something like 11 I think? But I do recall it was someone around my age saying that to myself. It probably was an anonymous user but still - he did.

Oh well the past is the past.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

I was basically told to convert from my religion to theirs. Anyway, I just think maybe some should respect other people's religion. But nearly all do so that's fine.

It's against Islam to respect non-muslims. Non-muslims are inferior and not on the right path and are pigs and dogs. just sayin.

Well, that's just a little bit harsh I think. I don't think all Muslims are like that - I know some Muslim people are sure, they treat me as an equal and they are perfectly fine with myself and my religion. There probably are some people like that but you get that nearly in all religions.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Every religion has their twisted individuals. The scary part is when they come to power.

If You Want to Stop Terrorism, Stop Killing Muslims!

Was this solely aimed at the US and West? Because from what is widely known and available to everyone with internet access, They can find out that the vast majority of "Muslim" deaths have been at the hands of other Muslims. This does not let the US and the West off the hook, far from it. We could use a little humility esp here in the STATES.

The vast majority of "Terrorist" acts have been in market places and near mosques in "Muslim" countries. Simply becuase we have had attacks in the west does not mean that we are their biggest targets.

There are no simple answers. Every "Fanatical" group has their own agenda. Many are in conflict with other "Fanatical" group. The only real answer IMHO is education, understanding and acceptance and tolerance of others views and opinions.

In other words GROWTH.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Well, that's just a little bit harsh I think. I don't think all Muslims are like that - I know some Muslim people are sure, they treat me as an equal and they are perfectly fine with myself and my religion. There probably are some people like that but you get that nearly in all religions.

Understand what I am saying. It is Islamic principle that the followers treat non-followers differently. That is the law of Islam. That is practiced in Islam. I am not talking about people or individual humans.
Once we get past this simple basic concept we can move on with higher education.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You people who say that "the Quran teaches them to kill non-believers" have obviously never read the Quran.

Please don't act like you have, because you haven't.

If you did read the Quran, you would know that it teaches tolerance for other religions, especially Christians and Jews. Muslims believe that Moses and Jesus were also God's messengers, so the Quran teaches to let the "Children of the Scripture" be, as long as they let you be.

It only advocates violence if the non-believers break peace treaties or try to persecute the Muslims. I wouldn't say that defending one's home is 'over-the-line', that should be expected from ANY person.

However, many Islamic extremists do not only follow the teachings of the Quran, they follow the fabricated man-written "sayings" of Muhammad called "hadith" and "sunna". There is a growing movement now to completely disregard ALL of the fabricated writings, and only follow the Quran.

So really the problem is with the extremists, please do not spout ignorance claiming you know what is written in the Quran, making it sound like every single Muslim wants to kill all non-believers.

The Quran teaches that this life is nothing but a test to worship God. It wouldn't be much of a test would it, if everyone was forced to worship, would it?

[edit on 16-12-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

If you ask me the majority of these extremists have been brainwashed into hating on everyone else that is why you see them at those sermons just looking transfixed and under some kind of hypnotic spell!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join