It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on hoarding canned foods? Better think twice!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Cans laced with an inner coating that leaches poison into your food! Ouch!

The food processing world is reeling right now one day after a shocking new series of tests released by Consumer Reports revealed that many leading brands of canned foods contain Bisphenol A (BPA)—a toxic chemical linked to health risks including reproductive abnormalities, neurological effects, heightened risk of breast and prostate cancers, diabetes, heart disease and other serious health problems.

Tests Reveal Poison in Nearly All Canned Foods!

Full Article AND PETITION!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I love this:

They say it is too logistically complicated to move away from BPA-lined cans. And it is true that right now there isn’t a good way to produce cans without BPA. But alternative packaging does exist. You may have heard of glass, to take just one example. Or, given how much mind-blowing chemical science goes into the production of most packaged foods, with a shift in research spending the manufacturers could probably devise a technological solution.

And I can't remember if asking people to sign a petition goes against ATS Regs. but this sort of thing should validate asking for petition signatures. I mean this place is a soap box for reaching like minded individuals so why not?

**Mod Edit: **

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link Recruiting.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And still people wonder why certain diseases has become full blown epidemics in modern society.

We have been bombarded with all kind of crap in our food, vaccines and air to be nothing more than milking cows to big pharam.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I wouldn't doubt if a similar chemical is also in 'pop' or 'soda' cans! *starts to google*

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
OH SHI-

Plastic Bottles Release Poison!

When it comes to Bisphenol A (BPA) exposure from polycarbonate plastic bottles, it's not whether the container is new or old but the liquid's temperature that has the most impact on how much BPA is released, according to University of Cincinnati (UC) scientists.

BPA Found In Pop Cans!!!

A Health Canada study found the estrogen-mimicking chemical bisphenol-A in the vast majority of canned beverages - 69 of 72 of those tested contained residues.

I shouldn't have asked.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I remember a few years back that Green Giant foods had a severe problem with their products. The amount of chemicals they were spraying on their food was causing the cans to turn black on the inside.

I guess we know where they went with their fix than, we will just make the cans indestructible. Quit putting poisons on the food and maybe the food won't rot through the cans.

Here is an additional link of interest-

Canned food linked to birth defects.

edit to add-has anyone thought of the correlation between the US life expectancy and our food supply? The gov always brings it up to show we need a better health care regime. Maybe it is more directly related to the food supply.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thanks. As for your question, you have heard of Monsanto right?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Dear old Monsanto monster, with rights given by our government to do as they want with our food supply all in the name of feeding the world.

We now no only get poisoned crap in our can foods but also in food even before it gets to ripe in the fields.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

As a matter of fact I have. I have watched Food, Inc. I also grew up on a dairy farm and am currently living in the Midwest.

Monsanto for the uneducated. Round up ready seed. Terminator seeds. Suing farmers for allowing cross pollination of their seed to the farmers seed. Direct link to Bush Sr. allowing GMO's.

I could go on, but I need to go eat some farm raised eggs and bacon from a rancher I know.

Eat as little mass marketed food as you can. It will add years to your life.

Oh, forgot to mention, Cheney and the cancer creating sweetener Aspartame.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We're all on the same page then!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I remember when home canned foods used glass jars...and the tops were lined with real ceramic...and it used a rubber seal. Problem with even modern mason jars is that the inside of the tops appear to be coated with the same stuff they use to line metal cans. (tin cans if you are an old geezer like me)

You spoiled my lunch too... I was just getting ready to pop the top on a can of smoked North Sea sprotes.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Oddly enough i have been drinking cans of pop and eating caned goods all my life.. And i still breath!!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
With regards to the liners in canned food. You would have to consume about 100 cans a day to reach a tolerable level. A tolerable daily intake is how much of a substance can be taken in on a daily basis over a lifetime without appreciable health risk.

I certainly don't consume that amount on a daily basis. Furthermore, if you are hoarding for disaster you should be stocking up on dehydrated or freeze dried items to begin with. Most canned foods may only have a 2 year shelf life at best.

Don't worry about it and enjoy some canned corn on me.

This BPA freak out is based mostly on fear and very little on fact. BPA is one of the most thoroughly studied substances used in consumer products. Probably its most important application is its use in the lining of food cans to prevent food contamination from germs and can corrosion. Other common products that include BPA: eyeglass lenses, CDs, DVDs, computers, power tools, car headlights, sporting equipment, medical devices, incubators, and food and drink containers.

www.aist.go.jp...
unit.aist.go.jp...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

You are not that old, I also remember the home canning and it was in glass jars.

Modern convenience and dependency on the food industry has killed the way things used to be before, now no many people knows what is not the art of canning.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

OMG, did you have a pet dinosaur too??

Those were the days .

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Just grow your own food and can your own food. Simple.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I see you are a scuba diver... I might mention I started diving with a dual hose aqua-master on a 72 cu ft steel tank. Still got it..and still use it.. I hate single hose regulators. Now THATS a dinosaur!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
None of us are going to get through life without one day dieing.

It seems everything we smell. touch, ingest or have any connection with has killing properties.

Maybe we all need to start wearing space suits and create a food source that is pure.

We are still not getting out of this life alive.

Even if man had made no inventions and consumed no man made poisons nature would still have the ability to harm us naturally.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

OK. So they find poison from canned foods. Big deal.

We have been eating canned food for decades now and I don't see a drop in life expectancy. It seems this is a scare tactic more than a truth.

There's poison everywhere. Even the EPA is callind CO2 poison now.
We can't escape it, you can still use canned food for survival.
I don't think eating 2-3 cans a day will kill you any faster than that roaming bear that's hungry from hibenation.

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, i'll be darned if i'm going to throw away all that Spam

We have been consuming so many posisons that our bodies are used to them by now.

No wonder we get sick sometimes and dont really know why.

They're killing us one by one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join