It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel condemns UK attempt to arrest Tzipi Livni

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Israel condemns UK attempt to arrest Tzipi Livni

news.bbc.co.uk

Israel has condemned as "cynical" the issuing of a war crimes arrest warrant in the United Kingdom for former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni.

The warrant, issued by a London Court on Saturday, was revoked on Monday when it was found Ms Livni was not visiting the the UK.

Ms Livni was in post during Israel's controversial Gaza assault last winter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.aljazeera.net
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I believe that if she had arrived in the UK, the warrant should have been served. Many of us watched as the conflict in Gaza was broadcast. It would have been very interesting if the warrant had been used, an arrest been made and to hear the evidence if this had actually gone to court.

I can imagine the expletives issuing around the foreign office and how embarrassed they must have felt.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

WOW' I cannot believe it EU actually have guts to play fair in which other major world powers failed. Somehow, this whole thing looks unbelievable to me..i feel like EU is playing a prank. I don't think it is true...I mean come on? Can someone actually play fair against apartheid Israel. Please tell me it is a late April joke...omg!! unbelievable some justice still remains in the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by captiva

WOW' I cannot believe it EU actually have guts to play fair in which other major world powers failed. Somehow, this whole thing looks unbelievable to me..i feel like EU is playing a prank.

I am still scratching my head over this...

I remember this lady's face constantly being on news during the Gaza war justifying bombing schools and killing of innocent people.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The problem here is that both Palestine and Israel have a deep lack of understanding conflict resolution.
Palestine needs to accept that Israel is a nation, and that thier opinion of that nation is irrelavent when weighed against the international attitude, and Israel needs to accept that continued occupation of territory not given them by internationaly recognised borders is illegal , wrong, immoral, and unjust. If both parties accept that they are variously being stupid and ignorant, then maybe they can finaly learn to live peacefully.
As a christian it makes me angry to know that Jerusalem is being used as a political football, where the score is taken in human life.
The other thing that gets my goat about the conflict , is that Israeli weapons manufacturers are talented enough to build anti missile defense systems capable of shooting bullets out of the air, and bringing down any and all aerial bombardment ammo launched at thier territory. But rather than use these technological advancements, they prefer to let the terrorists launch thier bottle rockets at them, and then take a massive unjustified toll of lives on the other side of the border when it becomes vaugely annoying.
The truth is that every member of both the Israeli government, and the leaders of the various groups acting against Israel, need to be locked up for life.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dont think it was an EU prank, as mentioned above. This is an example of how the law can sometimes bite its own backside. Diplomatic immunity is not granted to Livni due to her not being in the position of prime minister.

The UK government are in a bit of a flap over this as they want to promote relationships with Israel to aid in ME peace talks

IMO its a breath of fresh air to know that the law is sometimes stronger than the UK PTB.

Respects:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As I suspected, here they go crying to their Zionist counterparts in the UK

"It called on the British government to "act against the exploitation of the British legal system against Israel".

Who wants to bet on how long it will take before the holocaust is mentioned? I say a week. Anti-Semitic? Possibly a day.

I really hope that justice was planned to be carried out for real. I really hope this was authentic.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

Reading between the lines of the reports from various souces it seems that the UK government was taken aback by the whole situation and probably had no knowledge of the warrant being processed. Although I bet it was the very same UK government that warned Israel not to let her visit due to the warrant. It would have been realy interesting had she landed.

respects

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It was not done by the British government or the European Union. Please read the article.

A group managed to get a court to issue an arrest warrant for Tzipi Livni. Peter Tatchell, human rights campaigner, managed to get a British judge to issue an arrest warrant for Henry Kissinger - which is STILL standing. Similar legal case was brought against Mugabe, but the court rejected the claims.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I quote part of your post" A group managed to get a court to issue an arrest warrant for Tzipi Livni.", This is what is important within the thread and as op I have not maintained that it was the UK government.

The warrant was legaly processed unlike the one for Ehud Barak applied for earlier this year in September. Baraks was not carried out due to his position granting him diplomatic immunity. Livni does not have diplomatic immunity to hide behind.

Would the warrant have been served? now that is a diffirent question, although I like to think that being Israeli does not exempt your from Uk legal process.......I hope !!!

Respects

Respects

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by captivaWould the warrant have been served? now that is a diffirent question, although I like to think that being Israeli does not exempt your from Uk legal process.......I hope !!!

It would've been.

Whether or not the Crown Prosecution Service (or even the Attorney General) would let the arrest lead to trial is a different discussion. However, the warrant was valid.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey, yall should check out the site, there is a whole paged filled with stories about Israeli war crime prosecutions.
www.silobreaker.com...

Have a great day!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yeh I found that out as I said it was to "fair" to be true. What a downer

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Political Distraction!

Watch for something REAL to happen over the next couple weeks. This feels like a novel attempt at pretending to be sympathatic to both sides. There is nothing to see here...Move along...

"We will not agree to have Israel Defence Force soldiers, who defended the citizens of Israel bravely and ethically against a cruel and criminal enemy, be recognised as war criminals. We completely reject this absurdity taking place in Britain,"
OP

? Even if they are guilty??

Israel says it fully complies with international law, which it says it interprets in line with other Western countries such as the US and UK.
OP

This should make me laugh
instead I threw up a little in my mouth

I could publish a book, no, I could publish a book of threads to document this failure of even MSM lies.

Bottom Line: This is, and was meant to be a media farce that will hide or prevent coverage of some small but significant imminent legislation. IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The UK government are wanting to change the law so that war crimminals can visit Britain without fear of prosecution:

The Government will consider changing the law to ensure Israeli politicians can enter the UK without fear of arrest, Harriet Harman confirmed yesterday. The Commons Leader made the promise after a British court issued an arrest warrant for former Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Livni at the weekend.
Foreign Secretary David Miliband also backed calls for legal reforms, saying it was vital that senior figures from Israel could visit the UK and have a 'proper dialogue'.
Miss Harman told MPs yesterday 'We should be in no doubt that it's important for Israel's leaders to be able to talk to Government ministers in this country. They are important strategic partners.' Her pledge followed a warning from the Israeli government that without changes to the law Britain would cease to have a major role in the Middle East peace process.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This has taken a matter of hours from the Livni warrant...
The Israeli lobby must be working overtime.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The fact that israel is run by uk, means this is totally bul story just made up rubbish, to pretend the opposite of what really is going on.

Just ignore this rubbish.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thats interesting,and news to me-Please explain how the UK run Israel.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That would have made my Christmas if Zippy had landed here and got lifted.

Hopefully she and her criminal friends will eventually end up behind bars.

Glad to see that some folk out there are working hard to bring it about.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

the Government will consider changing the law to ensure Israeli politicians can enter the UK without fear of arrest,???????????????

I think, though it will be a very large sign, this statement alone will be what's on the sign I carry at the next [protest] I attend.

first, Ill need a lot of paint.
second, Ill need a large piece of construction paper, or cardboard.
Third, I'll use paintbrushes to paint that phrase on my sign,
Then, I'll let in dry.
When it's dry, i'll nail a 2 by 2 board to my sign.
I'll be good to go for the next protest.

Remember???????????????

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
That would have made my Christmas if Zippy had landed here and got lifted.

Hopefully she and her criminal friends will eventually end up behind bars.

Glad to see that some folk out there are working hard to bring it about.

I'm afraid the folks were Palestinian group not some EU officials as I wrongly guessed before. There is no justice in the world...I am now convinced of it.

top topics

join