It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mermaid of Kiryat Yam (With a Million Dollar Reward)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
From the times today:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Oleg Borisov, 56, a market-stall holder, believes that he was the first to have contact with the creature a couple of years ago while he and his dog were having a night swim. “I was in up to my head when I felt something moving in the water,” said Mr Borisov, who moved here from Ukraine 20 years ago. “All of a sudden I felt as if somebody was spreading my legs and going right between them. My dog started barking and there was a loud splash on the water. I screamed and fled — I was stuttering I was so scared.

Tourists are stopping here to try to summon the elusive creature by blowing on a ram’s horn, a Jewish relic, and investors have expressed an interest in developing the almost deserted beachfront. Shmuel Sisso, the town’s mayor, has whipped up excitement by offering a $1 million (£615,000) reward for anyone who provides proof of the siren’s existence

So, Could evolution have resulted in mermaids? Legend and Folklore the world over is awash with stories. Is there a smidgen of truth?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

It may have to go into the Yeti, Fairies, Elf’s, Dwarfs, fire breathing dragons, and truthful politician stories... We have all heard about them but have never seen them... Especially the elusive truthful politician.

But it would be kind of cool if they did exists maybe they’re the ones who fly the U.F.Os.=)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I like how that description turned out to be a mermaid.. Might as well has been the loch ness monster, or, get this, a fish! Wow!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
very obvious publicity gimmick - thumbs down

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Agreed, key words here.. $1 million (£615,000) reward/ Deserted beachfront

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchTheWorld

Bingo, you two have got it. That million draws in the treasure hunters but instead goes into commercial real estate without ever having to worry about paying anyone off. Creating the new Loch Ness could be quite a lucrative business opportunity.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
I like how that description turned out to be a mermaid.. Might as well has been the loch ness monster, or, get this, a fish! Wow!

How about the obvious choice. A horney dolphin.

It's been known to happen. So, according to Occam's Razor, the choice would be doliphin IMO.

top topics

join