It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The picture that could land you in jail: How police in Big Brother Britain treat you like a terroris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I do not know how true this, But in the USA I was talking to a cop that said we are supposed to carry ID at all times an present it when asked by cops. if not, you can be arrested for this.

Does anyone know if this is really a law?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I know know how truthful it is that you can get arrested for not having an ID. Even in cases where I've been pulled over (for really, really stupid things like my tail light being out) and happened to not have my ID (I've lost it so many times, left it at home, etc) I could just give them my SSN and they were alright with that. But then again, if they really want you arrested, they can pretty much do it for whatever reason fits best.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I do not know how true this, But in the USA I was talking to a cop that said we are supposed to carry ID at all times an present it when asked by cops. if not, you can be arrested for this.

Does anyone know if this is really a law?

I don't know about the USA, but I would not be surprised. Here in Canada, that is technically a law, at least according to my uncle, who took a year training to be a police officer in Canada until he decided he didn't want to be a cop after all. (i.e. this was a Canadian law at least 25 years ago when he was in the program) I've never actually had a police officer demand my ID, though, outside of getting background checks in a police station.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Arrested for filming in the UK. The whole exchange is on the site.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

That is ridiculous, she is right, the police officer is NOT allowed to see what she had filmed, or delete any of it, and what type of ID do art students carry?

There is no such thing as a "Im an Art student ID card"

It's bloody tosh.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
My batman impact smoke screen and baterang will come in handy if and when this happens to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I don't know too much about British history, But weren't you guys allowed to own guns at one point? History has proven that any government that goes after the peoples guns will eventually go after the peoples freedom. People (especially americans) are so freaking stupid and such sheep, they don't know anything about world history, they have no idea what's going on within our own government.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

(the important bit)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The U.K. is not alone in this madness. There are recent Anti-Terrorism laws here in the United States that do very much the same for people who take innocent photographs of Trains, Airplanes, National Monuments (especially if a Federal Park Ranger happens to be in the frame), just about any building in Washington D.C., Sewer Grates, Manhole Covers, Powerlines, or anything relating to the Infrastructure. Every once in a while someone will get arrested in the U.S. for taking a picture with the cellphone while on the Subway and everyone gets upset about it but quickly forgets about it by the next day.

This is madness of the full Monty sort (Python that is).

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A recent video of a videographer being harassed by NYPD in front of the UN. This is how you should act, politely deny the officers their request to see your stuff and inform them that you know your rights and they're intruding on them. The creepy part of the video is the officers attitude towards the cameraman who says he has constitutional rights to which the officer responds to "yeah right" with demeaning tone. Also he is detained under the patriot act even though the officer doesn't specify under what part.
Youtube
Photography is not a crime

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I might ask the next police officer I talk to about their interpretation of the rules, I usually say good afternoon or something to them any way, It could be interesting... Should I push my luck and ask if I can get a vid clip on my mobile??

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Why not ? Ask em politely tho ! ha ha ha
Say excuse me officer but may i take the trouble of asking your good self why one is a nazi ?

[edit on 113131p://12America/Chicago18 by ProRipp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join