It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, For all you people who think this is the real thing, Think again..

What does Over Unity mean? Does anyone really know the actual meaning and terms of what Over Unity means?

To me, Over Unity means Making More Energy from something that uses less energy to make it or Making Energy from almost nothing.

So, Does this machine achieve that? I don't think so. The reason being we have no specifications to base what this machine is doing. How much energy is actually being drawn from the Battery? We don't know. It's all well and good to show guages but the majority of people won't understand what that even means. This machine may only run for a week before you manually have to recharge the Battery and start the whole thing again..

An over unity machine to me would be like having a an electric motor turning a Generator to power a motor which in turn, turns the generator to power the motor and around it goes while supplying a bit more power to light a bulb or power a radio. Something that would run forever or until a mechanical failure occured.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This reminds me of a desktop toy I have. It is called "Space Wheel" and it is a little plastic wheel that rolls back and forth nonstop for months on end before having to replace the battery hidden in the base.

"The Talk of the Galaxy" This device is used to show magnetic induction effect, kinetic & potential energy, the law of thermodynamics and other mysterious forces. A 3-jaws wheel is magnetized by a electromagnetic coil inside the plastic base. The wheel is rolling along the transparent double rail and the energy of wheel is continuously supplied by a 9V d.c. battery .
Dimension : 120 x 20 cm Length x width ,
diameter of wheel 25mm
Item no : SPW9928

I would think that this is similar.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am calling hogwash on this. As others have stated energy can neither be created or destroyed only changed. The most efficient reaction of matter to create energy would be a matter- anti matter reaction which is still not 100 % efficient in converting matter into pure energy there is still waste. To the windmills/ water turbine's... that also is not free energy. It uses a LOT of resources to BUILD those machines. As well as the amount of energy to make that windmill spin I don't know if it makes more energy than what it takes to spin it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by jtma508

A crystal radio's power input comes from the electromagnetic field around it. The energy may be free in as much as solar or wind energy is free, but the field that is powering that crystal radio contains less energy by as much energy is gained by the radio.
-rrr

Some of the EM field is converted to electricty or mechanical energy. Yes. But hence my question. No one is suggesting that 'over unity' devices creates energy out of nothing. Just that it produces more energy than is directly input to the device. That was the entire point I was making.

If I built a device --- a little black box --- with NO input of power whatsoever. And that black box somehow collected cosmic/EM/whatever energy and output it in a useful manner, would that not be called an over unity device? The only people suggesting that a device must create energy out of nothing are the debunkers. The proponents simply suggest it's getting energy 'from some where'. That would most certainly be enough for me.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Be nice if this tuns out to be true.

Keep us posted would you kindly.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lozenge
you all are so ignorant.

free energy doesn't exist?

THEN WHAT IS WIND AND SOLAR POWER?

It's free, and it's energy.

To say free energy doesn't exist is so ignorant.

I'm sure you have every answer to the universe and you are the all mighty god so I will believe you that there can never be free energy.

Get a life.

It's not free
because to harness that energy you have to build somthing which it turns has to have used energy!!! to be created.
For wind we need to build turbines for example and for solar power, solar cells these machines have consumed energy IN THEIR CONSTRUCTION if you cant see that well what can I say.
Now can you see why free energy is and always will be BS.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Originally posted by seethelight

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by seethelight

I just had to point out that Einstein already proved Newton's Laws of motion to be incorrect, so who's to say there isn't a flaw in his Law of Thermal Dynamics?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by nik1halo]

This is just too freakin easy. Using common laws of grammar, the "his" right brfore "Law" would have to refer back to Newton. He was a wizard tn optics, mechanics, differential and integral calculus and coinage, but in 24 years of education, including two advanced degrees, I never heard of Sir Isaac ever inventing a Law of Thermal Dynamics (sic). You probably meant Carnot and his Principals or Laws of Thermodynamics. Yup - Newton, Carnot - they both have 6 letters and begin and end with consonants. They were both born after Westminster Abbey was built although only one of them is buried there with Charles Darwin and Charles Dickens and Gladstone and every monarch since George III. And wasn't it Carnot who was on the back of the 1 pound note? Nope - see how easy it is to get confused.
And Einstein didn't prove Newton wrong. He did contribute to making us smarter and, together with, Lorentz, Bohr, Bohm, Dirc, Heisenberg and Pauli, showing that Newtonian mechanics didn't work at some scales.
It is no wonder that science departments in many British Universities, being held hostage to the choices of sixth-formers, are shutting down.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by lozenge
you all are so ignorant.

free energy doesn't exist?

THEN WHAT IS WIND AND SOLAR POWER?

It's free, and it's energy.

To say free energy doesn't exist is so ignorant.

I'm sure you have every answer to the universe and you are the all mighty god so I will believe you that there can never be free energy.

Get a life.

It's not free
because to harness that energy you have to build somthing which it turns has to have used energy!!! to be created.
For wind we need to build turbines for example and for solar power, solar cells these machines have consumed energy IN THEIR CONSTRUCTION if you cant see that well what can I say.
Now can you see why free energy is and always will be BS.

How about after a few years when you have recouped the cost of the equipment and installation - Would the energy not be free from then on?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Interesting.. you know.. Scientist are dummies.

They make you believe these things are LAWS that are not breakable.. well scientists let me ask you.. WHO SAYS?

It is a fact that Einsteins Relitivity has observed things that broke some of Newtons "laws: and Quantum Physics has observed things that broke Einstein's "laws".

I believe the True Great Conspiracy is that they only want you to believe that these so called laws cannot be broken so we will not discover things that will muddy their work or find thing the government would like us to believe is not possible.

The so called Law of conservation of energy is no different. Who is any scientist to claim this THEORY - (it' not really a law now is it) cannot be shattered all to hell with new theories that govern new proven technology.

Therefore I submit that these scientists are only so called scientists because they have lost their objectivity and should all go jump in the lake. :-)

Remember Kids, Scientist DO Not Know Crap - They only Think they know.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

intresting you are talking about mainstream scientists and you are right!

Don't know if you know the journal "Philosophy of Science" but I guess you would like that. It is about imo the true science. I was really pleased with:

"the more knowledge you gain, the better you understand that you don't know anything"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Even when you see this fail you'll still believe... it's in your personality.

Here's the deal though, if it does work, that is, if steorn EVER makes a free energy machine, I will send you $100.

No #.

That's how certain I am that thousands of scientists over hundreds of years are not wrong about claims such as these.

Just PM me with the proof and the money is your.

Actual cash money.

I like your style... Putting your money where your mouth is...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
here it is..

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by broli

The first law of thermodynamics would like to have a word with you. Energy can't be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another. There is no 'free energy', and there never will be.

I agree with you some what, BUT where did tesla get his energy from. I think what I am trying to say is, if we can only transfere energy from one to another (which is what they teach you in physics, I know because I am doing a open univercity physics degree at the moment) but what about finding a new source of energy? in other words, we my not have found all the natural resources of energy.

Also just as a side note, this is old technology. Its been done before. Now if you wanted to start the cogs turning why not think about magnetic sheilding and what that could do for us humans today. Open your mind guys. There is a huge amount of NEW (not free) energy devices that WILL save you money.

Here is another one to think about. People who build wind generators - Why is it that when you sell back your excess electricity to the grid do they not pay you in money? they credit your account. because there are so many "NEW" electrical generators acting as "FREE" energy generators around the world allready.

Gareth

[edit on 15-12-2009 by gareth01422]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If you dig deep enough into the past you'll see projects similar to this have been closed down by various governments and agencies, even people doing personal experiments with magnetism and free energy have had their plans stolen or foiled... i'd like to see how far this goes...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
If you dig deep enough into the past you'll see projects similar to this have been closed down by various governments and agencies, even people doing personal experiments with magnetism and free energy have had their plans stolen or foiled... i'd like to see how far this goes...

Agreed!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Kind of like conspiracy theorists, huh?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Im not going to type it out so you can debunk it...

Dear lord almighty ... and just like that ...

... there you have it!

The single funniest thing EVER said on ATS!

It was inevitable if you really think about it ...

It so perfectly crystalizes EVERYTHING!

Basically, I'm not sharing my thinking thoughts with ya cause you'll hurt them!

TPS, you are my new hero.

Yikes!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
If you dig deep enough into the past you'll see projects similar to this have been closed down by various governments and agencies,

Care to name some that a government has closed down?

even people doing personal experiments with magnetism and free energy have had their plans stolen or foiled...

any proof of that claim?

i'd like to see how far this goes...

well, it has already shown to not do what they claim....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You better hope the Law of Gravity is never broken. Just so you understand...Scientists don't make these laws. They observe them and give them a name. Newton didn't MAKE gravity.

And do you have any links to support that any of these laws have been broken?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic, but I'm taking a "we'll see" attitude because I don't have proof either way.

There have been a number of scientists and thinkers that were originally ridiculed because of their ideas, but were ultimately vindicated;

Tesla
Ohm
Gauss
Pasteur
Crick and Watson

All were thought to be "out there", but ended up contributing significantly to how we view and understand the world. Some of them turned their various fields upside down with their discoveries and contributed to increasing our quality of life significantly.

I'm a big fan of the underdog and who knows? Maybe these guys have a working product, but they're more than willing to stick their necks out to try to prove it to the public, which says a lot. It's not easy to come out into the public eye with a radical concept that people say can't be done. Refer to the story of Tesla or the Wright Brothers.

For those folks who MUST have a link, try this one:

www.is.wayne.edu...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join